[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

SinTh0r4s

Hey guys,

I am using a Large Gas Turbine with a Rose Gold Large Turbine (120% Efficiency and 1050EU/t burn value) and i am trying to supply it with 2 non-stop running distillation towers. The twin towers are producing 8000mb every 12 seconds or 33.33mb per tick. The turbine is using 1050EU/t on burnvalue. Biogas hast a burnvalue of 32000EU per bucket so 1050EU are in 32.8mb. So the turbine should use 32.8mb per tick. So my twin towers produce 33.33mb per tick and only 32.8mb per tick should be used but still my turbine is waiting without fuel every cycle about 2 seconds. Why is that so? Turbine Efficiency? Also it is killing my rotor like mad :-/
Sin

S

Scelestic

That won't, infusion altar won't count anything more than 8 blocks away so anything bigger than 17x17 is unneeded and you'd need to scale vertically. Theoretically the max stability of the altar is like 110 or something, I worked it out once and can't remember, realistically no recipe has over 11. You can check how stable your altar is with the abacus, anything more than 11 is unneeded given the recipes we've got in the pack.
According to u/thegreatunclean's reddit post on Infusion Altar Stability there can be up to 25 Instability 'randomly' added when you go to infuse something. So if there is a practical recipe instability cap of 11 in Infitech2, you'd want to shoot for 36 stability, as then nothing after that is unneeded.

gota get more stainless steel to get golems. forestry is gona cost me an arm and a leg to make a farm through there and the ender io farming station needs things i dont wish to rely on a 80-50% chance to make a crystal

we have a couple barrels full of charcoal but they are being used to keep the basics going and its being kept up manually with the charcoal piles since they are way more efficient per wood to charcoal.

also should i use oxygen to make charcoal constantly, from an electrolyzer? or should i just automate a bunch of coke ovens? they oxygen way i can always use more hydrogen.
You could pursue Thaumic Tinkerer Infused Crops to make Golems less expensive, as the Humanus plant should give a Random Golem Core when harvested, if it has not been changed. Infused crops are a pain in the butt with RNG and growth time, but would be more of a long term investment.

On the note of Oxygen, how are you generating it? We haven't found any Oxygen Recipes that we like since most of the stuff we don't have alot of, except for Magnetite veins we find rather often.

Last edited:
R

Rogash

According to u/thegreatunclean's reddit post on Infusion Altar Stability there can be up to 25 Instability 'randomly' added when you go to infuse something. So if there is a practical recipe instability cap of 11 in Infitech2, you'd want to shoot for 36 stability, as then nothing after that is unneeded.

You could pursue Thaumic Tinkerer Infused Crops to make Golems less expensive, as the Humanus plant should give a Random Golem Core when harvested, if it has not been changed. Infused crops are a pain in the butt with RNG and growth time, but would be more of a long term investment.

On the note of Oxygen, how are you generating it? We haven't found any Oxygen Recipes that we like since most of the stuff we don't have alot of, except for Magnetite veins we find rather often.
You can electrolyze water for Hydrogen and oxygen

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
One of the cheaper ways of producing oxygen is to get it from the air:
compress empty cells for compressed air
uncan the air
centrifuge the air with the correct circuit to get oxygen

it's way cheaper than getting it from electrolyzed water... But as always it depends on your entire setup... if you are already using hydrogen(or methane) in your power train then it might be more useful to expand water separation rather than setting up a separate air->oxygen processing line. But afaik air->oxygen is the faster and cheaper process if you need/want a lot of it.

Reactions: Scelestic

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I am using a Large Gas Turbine with a Rose Gold Large Turbine (120% Efficiency and 1050EU/t burn value) and i am trying to supply it with 2 non-stop running distillation towers. The twin towers are producing 8000mb every 12 seconds or 33.33mb per tick. The turbine is using 1050EU/t on burnvalue. Biogas hast a burnvalue of 32000EU per bucket so 1050EU are in 32.8mb. So the turbine should use 32.8mb per tick. So my twin towers produce 33.33mb per tick and only 32.8mb per tick should be used but still my turbine is waiting without fuel every cycle about 2 seconds. Why is that so? Turbine Efficiency? Also it is killing my rotor like mad :-/
Sin

The reason is that the nominal outputs considers steam and not gas which is actially 2x higher.

As an example: you should always start out from the nominal input and for a large rose gold turbine that is 42000 l/s. For large gas turbines (and also high pressure steam) the nominal output will be 42000/20= 2100 eu/tick. The next step is to calculate the flowrate required per tick
(2100+32-1)/32~= 66,6 mb/t which is rounded down (always) to 66 mb/t. (thanks to sprangles for this one)

This means you need 66mb/t of biogas for a nominal output of 66*32=2112 eu/t or an actual output of 2112*1.2=2534 eu/t.

TLDR: Double the amount of distilation towers you are using or switch to a 21000 l/s turbine like titanium, tungsten, red steel, manganeese, molybdenum, stainless steel or neodymium :). If i would choose i would go for either titanium or tungsten as they have pretty nice durability and are easy to come by. If you wanna pick some other material i would advice you to have a look in my google docs document

On making oxygen: Centrifuging air rather than electrolyzing water is both a lot quicker but also consumes about 25 times less power. Cheapest way to get hydrogen is by electrolyzing methane cells, however if you dont have enough to suit your needs with that you will need to electrolyze water. In the case that covers your oxygen needs thats fine but in any other case i would go for centrifuging compressed air.

If you have a very large need for hydrogen i actually think it would be well worth it to make methane farm to produce hydrogen as for instance 1 carrot is equal to 72*0.8= 57,6 mb of hydrogen

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
so ive had to move to lava powered steam. since all 12 of us were running low on steam and power. and it was easy to automate 20 lava boilers. but i might get tired of moving the electric pump around the nether XD. also i want to ask about gregtechs power cables. first i want to see if i understand it correctly. amps is packets and eu is the actual energy. so if i have a 8x tin cable that would transfer 8 packets of 32 eu/t correct? and if that is correct then would the be able to run 8 machines at once? or 7 if you include a thermal centrifuge? becuase each different machine can use different amounts of amps(packets) and if i wanted to power a mv machine could i do that with lv if its carrying 2 amps?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a cool computer programm to control the STARGATES.

screenshots here

Some feature of my programm:
- autoclose iris on incoming wormhole
- autoopen iris if correct IDC is received
- autoclose stargate after X seconds
- show all kinds of stats
- multiple languages right now german and english (because I don't speak anything else)
- displays energy in EU (or RF if you want that)
- displays up to 10 addresses on 1 page (unlimited pages)
- allows dialing from the address list
- check for updates on start
- emit redstone signals (right now for: state not idle, incoming, iris closed, idc accepted, wormhole connected)
- automatically adds new, unkown addresses when there is an incoming wormhole
- shows the required energy to dial an address (or error if invalid address)

If you want to have it you can get it here.

Reactions: Aiwendil
S

Sven "flamestrider"

so ive had to move to lava powered steam. since all 12 of us were running low on steam and power. and it was easy to automate 20 lava boilers. but i might get tired of moving the electric pump around the nether XD. also i want to ask about gregtechs power cables. first i want to see if i understand it correctly. amps is packets and eu is the actual energy. so if i have a 8x tin cable that would transfer 8 packets of 32 eu/t correct? and if that is correct then would the be able to run 8 machines at once? or 7 if you include a thermal centrifuge? becuase each different machine can use different amounts of amps(packets) and if i wanted to power a mv machine could i do that with lv if its carrying 2 amps?
Yes, and no ;)
It depends on the recipe in the machine.
For instance the recipe for food->methane requires 5Eu/t in a LV machine, meaning one amp of 32Eu would would power 6 LV machines with that recipe... if you could transmit the power without loss.
in most recipes you have a required voltage and ampere... meaning that if a recipe states it needs 192Volts 1Amp at 192Eu/t you can only supply that in a HV machine.
in other cases, like in a blast furnace, you have only the requirement of 120Eu/t... meaning you could supply the needed power in numerous ways... for example 30V 4A is 120Eu/t and would be sufficient.... as would 60V 2A be...
Another restriction on machines is that most can only accept up to 2A input... exceptions are arc furnaces and some others.
A multiblock machine is generally only limited in Ampere intake by how many energy input hatches you have, since each of those can support 2A input.

so a 8x tin cable will transmit a maximum power of 256Eu/t but that is reduced each meter of wire by 8V making the second meter of the wire contain 248Eu/t and so on...
This is one of the reasons up-transformation is viable to transport power longer distance and then down-transform nearer the machines.
Let us take your 8xtin cable and transform it to MV:
32V8A in -> 128V1A + 120V1A (due to transformation loss) (-8eu)
lets use 2 x annealed copper to transport the energy
second meter you now have
127V1A +119V1A (-2eu)
lets say we transport the power 20 blocks
108V1A + 100V1A (total loss -48eu)
transform it down to LV
32V6A + 2V1A (total loss -62eu)
compared with transporting 32V8A on tin cable:
8A*20 = 160eu
so by transforming up and down for transporting 20 blocks you save 98Eu/t

Does any of this explanation help Ultima? If not please specify what you wished to be informed about(confused with) :)

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Yesterday I built an EBF (yay) and to get enough steam to supply it I also built a large bronze boiler. Had a grand time figuring out the complexity of gregtech pipes and ultimately just went and made some pressurized fluid conduits because well fluid dynamics sim wasn't my bag apparently.

I get everything setup - have a 2.4 mil capacity RC tank to hold the steam - everything works. I get 5 Aluminium ingots and realize I went through about 5 or 6 stacks of Charcoal. That seems...incredibly inefficient. The boiler wasn't even running the whole time because it filled the buffer completely.

I fully fixed all the machines when I built them so that they're "running perfectly".

It seems like my only option is to automate charcoal production which to my knowledge can be accomplished with Golems (HV gated), EnderIO (needs silicon plates and will likely be difficult to automate), and Forestry multiblock farms.

Is there a better way? Or is my only real option to build a forestry multi block farm at this point? It's pretty disheartening to get to this stage and realize that I can't even use my machines because of some pretty bonkers energy gating.

Here I was thinking that the 16 steel from 64 charcoal was kind of crappy.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and no ;)
It depends on the recipe in the machine.
For instance the recipe for food->methane requires 5Eu/t in a LV machine, meaning one amp of 32Eu would would power 6 LV machines with that recipe... if you could transmit the power without loss.
in most recipes you have a required voltage and ampere... meaning that if a recipe states it needs 192Volts 1Amp at 192Eu/t you can only supply that in a HV machine.
in other cases, like in a blast furnace, you have only the requirement of 120Eu/t... meaning you could supply the needed power in numerous ways... for example 30V 4A is 120Eu/t and would be sufficient.... as would 60V 2A be...
Another restriction on machines is that most can only accept up to 2A input... exceptions are arc furnaces and some others.
A multiblock machine is generally only limited in Ampere intake by how many energy input hatches you have, since each of those can support 2A input.

so a 8x tin cable will transmit a maximum power of 256Eu/t but that is reduced each meter of wire by 8V making the second meter of the wire contain 248Eu/t and so on...
This is one of the reasons up-transformation is viable to transport power longer distance and then down-transform nearer the machines.
Let us take your 8xtin cable and transform it to MV:
32V8A in -> 128V1A + 120V1A (due to transformation loss) (-8eu)
lets use 2 x annealed copper to transport the energy
second meter you now have
127V1A +119V1A (-2eu)
lets say we transport the power 20 blocks
108V1A + 100V1A (total loss -48eu)
transform it down to LV
32V6A + 2V1A (total loss -62eu)
compared with transporting 32V8A on tin cable:
8A*20 = 160eu
so by transforming up and down for transporting 20 blocks you save 98Eu/t

Does any of this explanation help Ultima? If not please specify what you wished to be informed about(confused with) :)

that makes much more sense i just wasnt sure how it worked. now does this include that i cant have lv machine production input power on mv wires? insteand of transforming it up? or only transforming it up makes sense?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

Yesterday I built an EBF (yay) and to get enough steam to supply it I also built a large bronze boiler. Had a grand time figuring out the complexity of gregtech pipes and ultimately just went and made some pressurized fluid conduits because well fluid dynamics sim wasn't my bag apparently.

I get everything setup - have a 2.4 mil capacity RC tank to hold the steam - everything works. I get 5 Aluminium ingots and realize I went through about 5 or 6 stacks of Charcoal. That seems...incredibly inefficient. The boiler wasn't even running the whole time because it filled the buffer completely.

I fully fixed all the machines when I built them so that they're "running perfectly".

It seems like my only option is to automate charcoal production which to my knowledge can be accomplished with Golems (HV gated), EnderIO (needs silicon plates and will likely be difficult to automate), and Forestry multiblock farms.

Is there a better way? Or is my only real option to build a forestry multi block farm at this point? It's pretty disheartening to get to this stage and realize that I can't even use my machines because of some pretty bonkers energy gating.

well the only other way is a self sustaining steves carts. however i dont think charcoal can be cooked in the cart anymore. but you can atleast use solar and supplie it with a few charcoal or just use wood it can fuel and run itself. now the machines may need some stupid requirements

nvm solar is basically disabled for steves carts. hmmm kinda sucks regular wheat farms were great with solar.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

that makes much more sense i just wasnt sure how it worked. now does this include that i cant have lv machine production input power on mv wires? insteand of transforming it up? or only transforming it up makes sense?
You can send any amount of voltage up to 128V on an MV cable... it just doesn't make much sense, imo, to input 32V1A on MV since the loss per meter/ampere is the same as if you input 32V1A on LV cables with the same "resistance" 32V1A traveling on a 1V/m loss cable for 20 blocks will be 12V1A no matter if the cable is a tin cable or an annealed copper cable. The big advantage of transforming(up) the power is that you get a bigger input voltage and fewer ampere on any given Eu/t energy content. since it's mathematically cheaper to lose only 2V/m on a 256Eu/t in MV than to loose 8V/m on a 256Eu/t in LV... not to mention that a 8x tin cable costs a lot of materials when compared with a 2x annealed copper cable.
If you for example put the 32V8A on an MV cable it has to support 128V8A since the cable will not transform the power for you.... so putting LV power on MV cables is more or less a bad option... unless you want/need that kind of setup for some odd/weird reason ;)
edit: spelling error

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
well the only other way is a self sustaining steves carts. however i dont think charcoal can be cooked in the cart anymore. but you can atleast use solar and supplie it with a few charcoal or just use wood it can fuel and run itself. now the machines may need some stupid requirements

nvm solar is basically disabled for steves carts. hmmm kinda sucks regular wheat farms were great with solar.

Yeah I'm a little lost - like I said forestry (bleh) seems to have the only thing that's viable. I forgot about Steve's Carts but it requires a bunch of Stainless Steel for saw blades so I guess I can cross that off the list.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm a little lost - like I said forestry (bleh) seems to have the only thing that's viable. I forgot about Steve's Carts but it requires a bunch of Stainless Steel for saw blades so I guess I can cross that off the list.

hmm even the lowest tier tree cutter?

S

Scelestic

We recently just set up a Forestry Multi-farm for our Wood automation, and have the Logs being put into two Coke Ovens. The Charcoal is then used in High Pressure Coal Boilers, since they are the most efficient steam generators as far as I know. The byproduct Creosote is used to run a Railcraft Liquid Fueled Low Pressure Boiler, which is at 3x3x4 boilers/tanks, we run if we're running the EBF and that set up as been working out fairly well for Post-EBF Power Production.

Last edited: