FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I don't leave certain machines hooked up to my power grid (Immersive Engineering Water Wheels), because in the past they were known to stay running (i.e. draining power) even when they weren't doing anything. Specifically, the Thermionic Fabricator and the Railcraft Rock Crusher.

In Skyblock, when I disconnect the power from the Rock Crusher, the MV Immersive Wire just disappears. I disconnect by simply pickaxe'ing the Connector, and usually the MV Wire drops onto the floor and I can pick it up. But in this modpack, I only get the Connector back, and it happens every time I do this with the Rock Crusher (and only the Rock Crusher). So where is the MV Wire item going? Is it glitching thru the floor and falling into the void? Is it being eaten by the Rock Crusher, is that black area on the top of the machine actually an opening that can eat the wire? LOL Why does this only happen with this specific machine? Very aggravating since gold is in short supply during early game and thus, so is electrum.

Put a lever on the Thermionic Fabricator. It responds to a redstone signal

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to automatically convert my crushed ores ans such into the ore blocks for automatic smelting. I can't really find a good way to do this, does anyone have any ideas?

I am using Compacting Drawers for my conversion. You can use a drawer controller with transfer nodes for auto extraction/insertion until you get to logistics pipes and whatnot.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on getting tongue of dog and wool of bat? I have no idea how the Ex Compressum bait is used, but I imagine I can somehow use it to get a dog to spawn, correct? Does a grinder kill bats and produce wool of bat?

I've never used Witchery before, but I've always had a decent supply of these from hellhounds and random bats previously.

For using baits try this website: http://balyware.com/index.php/ex-compressum/animal-bait/. Overall just place on ground and it will tell you if you are missing anything though.

I agree with Zeliox as well, MFR should work and a auto-spawner is probably the best way if you need a decent amount.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
For those who are better at Logistics Pipes than I am, is there anyway to auto-craft stuff where the recipe uses a non-consumable item such as a blood orb and have it not require multiple blood orbs when requesting multiple of the same item.

Trying to craft a blood rune using a way stone, entropy shard, 4 stones, 2 blank runes and a weak blood orb. however requesting 10 of them and the LP system tells me I am missing 9 blood orbs. Can request one at a time but that kind of defeats the purpose of auto-crafting blank runes. Only workaround I found so far was to not tell the crafting pipe that it needs a weak blood orb but put the recipe in correctly to the logistics crafting table and just leave the blood orb in the crafting table which works but would require a seperate blood orb for every recipe that uses a blood orb.

Crafting byproduct upgrade doesn't work, putting the blood orb in the extra slot just causes the system not to send the blood orb at all.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Other then the method of needing a separate orb for every table, no way that I know of.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I don't appreciate IndustrialCraft recipes infiltrating vanilla recipes like those stupid plates required for crafting a bucket. Bad enough, I had to use compressed cobble just to craft a stone furnace but that was only one extra recipe, that was ok. The bucket represents an entire mess, I refuse to deal with. The worst of which was very dominate in GregoriousT's work, which I totally hate.
Will the Skyblock world work in Infinity Evolved normal mode? or is there a command to drop the recipe changes?

NeverMind: I only had to delete the scripts folder being used by minetweaker

Deadscion,

you'll prob like skyfactory( from AT Launcher) or Project Ozonemod(FTB) pack. Infinity expert is ment to challenge you especially early game, its not for everyone. Skyfactory and Project Ozone are both sky block maps and ment to me fun rather than challenging.

Reactions: deadscion

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Well since this is a venting thread, I just spent the entire half hour setting up and testing a rather nice Blood Magic slate autocrafting system that still allows a LP based autocrafting system to craft non-slates in the same altar. redstone conduits to detect when a chest has enough slates to stop production of all the slates and some other decent automation, only thing it can't craft is the arcane stone since I'm not at a point where I believe I can automate the crafting recipe.

Then I realized that I probably could of just hooked up a MK5 chassis pipe directly to the blood altar and the crafting module would of pulled out the correct slate when it was done and saved myself all that work.;( Oh well, I think this method might be better for interrupting slate crafting and LP auto-crafting to refill my LP network when necessary. Didn't feel like setting up a second altar for that part anyways and this should allow me to use a single altar.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
For those who are better at Logistics Pipes than I am, is there anyway to auto-craft stuff where the recipe uses a non-consumable item such as a blood orb and have it not require multiple blood orbs when requesting multiple of the same item.

Trying to craft a blood rune using a way stone, entropy shard, 4 stones, 2 blank runes and a weak blood orb. however requesting 10 of them and the LP system tells me I am missing 9 blood orbs. Can request one at a time but that kind of defeats the purpose of auto-crafting blank runes. Only workaround I found so far was to not tell the crafting pipe that it needs a weak blood orb but put the recipe in correctly to the logistics crafting table and just leave the blood orb in the crafting table which works but would require a seperate blood orb for every recipe that uses a blood orb.

Crafting byproduct upgrade doesn't work, putting the blood orb in the extra slot just causes the system not to send the blood orb at all.
Iirc, you can use other blocks as your crafting table as well. Immersive Engineering has a decent mid game multicrafting option, if you can figure out the multiple io for one port problem. Probably just use a chest as an intermediary, keep the orb in the machine and remove it from the pipe's request recipie

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out the bait. Oddly, the only way it would let me set it down was into a block of water (which would make sense for squids, but not pigs or wolves.) I got a wolf that was a baby, so I moved it into a pen until it matured and went and worked on something else, and it despawned. So I got another one, which was also a baby, and stood watching it until it matured. Still haven't managed to get a bat, though, despite setting up a (small) spawn room at y 52, as well as a big open area that low.

I managed to demolish my power (I have 24 8X Culinary Generators) when I set up auto-processing for uranium and automated my nuclear reactor. Granted, it was over 2k uranium getting washed and centrifuged with 7 overclockers in both the Ore Washing Plant and Thermal Centrifuge. Set up an Electric Furnace with 13 overclockers, which is really nice, but it cooks faster than the mk5 pipewith crafting module pulls out. I might have to try upgrading to a higher tier crafting moduleto see if that pulls out faster.

Also had a major derp. I was trying to craft self-sacrifice runes for my blood altar, but they require a tier 3 orb. So I decided I'd just use blood runes to get to tier 3 to get the orb. Put in all the blood runes, but my altar still registered as tier 2. I though maybe I couldn't use blood runes to get to tier 3, so I made 8 spped runes and 20 runes of capacity. While I was putting them in, I realized I'd forgotten the glowstone. So I have 20 runes of capacity I'm not sure what I'll do with. The materials don't bug me, but I'm annoyed at the time I'll have to spend crafting more slates.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

make an extra blood orb and put it in the auto crafting bench and remove it from the recipe in the crafting pipe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I turn around to go do something, and as I'm starting my walk I realize there was something odd... so I back up and sure enough, on all faces of my SAG Mill is some graffiti in bright orange, and it says... 'Herobrine was here'. :eek: What mod did that?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I turn around to go do something, and as I'm starting my walk I realize there was something odd... so I back up and sure enough, on all faces of my SAG Mill is some graffiti in bright orange, and it says... 'Herobrine was here'. :eek: What mod did that?

IDK the answer to your question but i did the same thing running across my platform and came to a screeching halt, like WTF was that lol. It got a laugh out of me the first time i saw it

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm pretty sure that's EnderIO as a joke. Same thing happened to dire and soaryn on a enderIO tank.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I make an IC2 Ejector Upgrade (ejects items to first valid inventory) for my IC2 Metal Former, place a chest next to it and a hopper on top... and when the machine ejects the finished items, instead of placing them into the chest, it decides to place them into the hopper instead.

sigh

Maybe I need to put the chest on top, and maybe IC2 would like it better if I place the hopper beneath the machine and use it backwards, feed items in from underneath using the wrong side of the hopper?

yeah i know, its a very old mod that doesn't get enough love. so sue me. LOL

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
So I make an IC2 Ejector Upgrade (ejects items to first valid inventory) for my IC2 Metal Former, place a chest next to it and a hopper on top... and when the machine ejects the finished items, instead of placing them into the chest, it decides to place them into the hopper instead.

sigh

Maybe I need to put the chest on top, and maybe IC2 would like it better if I place the hopper beneath the machine and use it backwards, feed items in from underneath using the wrong side of the hopper?

yeah i know, its a very old mod that doesn't get enough love. so sue me. LOL

Before placing the ejector upgrade in shift-click on the side of a block with the ejector in your hand that is the same side as you want the machine to eject to. the upgrade should read automatically output to the (direction) side instead. then place the upgrade in the machine

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you set the side it ejects to by right clicking (or maybe shift right clicking, it's been ages) on the side of a block?

Edit: Agh, ninja'ed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow thanks, I never knew that about IC2 Ejector Upgrade.

Before I layout all my IC2 stuff, is Skyblock identical to the previous Infinity Evolved? Are IC2 explosions due to excessive voltage turned off in the configs by default?

With explosions off, it eliminates the need to use Transformer upgrades, or be nitpicky about wiring and use of full-size Transformer blocks. The only thing you need to worry about is wrenching, and the Electric Wrench in lossless mode eliminates that as well. I guess a quick excursion into creative mode will give me my own answer. LOL

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
I actually believe IC2 explosions were disabled by the IC2 team for 1.7.10 and not as a config option, though it might default to disabled. Can't think of any pack that has it enabled. maybe I've just been lucky but the IC2 non electric wrench hasn't failed to give me back the machine yet either in this pack.

I've actually got most of my main IC2 machines hooked up to Immersive Engineering's HV wire connectors.

I

IBuildVans

Hello all. I have a quick question. Not sure if this is a bug or not but it almost seems like one. I have been enjoying the new skyblock pack and recently decided to try and use the Autonomous Activator from TE to automate some things. So I have a block placer putting down a piece of cobblestone. I have setup the AA with a stone hammer and set the OUTPUT(orange) to the rear per the configuration tab. However once the cobblestone breaks it just drops randomly in the world just like it would do if I had used a hammer on it myself. I have tried a chest in the back as well as pipes and it just seems to ignore the config tab settings completely. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!