FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
They also produce much more slowly. My 10/10/10 quartz seeds produce 4 quartz per harvest, but they grow really slowly despite being 10/10/10. I've already filled drawers with pumpkins, potatoes and netherwart, but I've only gained maybe 100 quartz.

Spam a few Agricraft Sprinklers over them. They'll grow pretty quick that way using just water. Then add in all the other methods of crop growth enhancement and watch in awe as it just spits raw material into your Storage Drawers.

Reactions: PierceSG

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Spam a few Agricraft Sprinklers over them. They'll grow pretty quick that way using just water. Then add in all the other methods of crop growth enhancement and watch in awe as it just spits raw material into your Storage Drawers.
I'm currently working on Botania to get some Agricarnations going. I know the sprinklers have apparently been improved in terms of optimizations, but with everything I've got going on, I've already lost ~30 FPS from when I started (which granted, only drops me to 90.)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently working on Botania to get some Agricarnations going. I know the sprinklers have apparently been improved in terms of optimizations, but with everything I've got going on, I've already lost ~30 FPS from when I started (which granted, only drops me to 90.)

Count yourself lucky. A 30fps drop would put me somewhere around -5fps. Thankfully I'm porting my world to server soon (and having a few friends jump in) so most of the strain should end up server-side.

Reactions: Pyure

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking at getting into Botania normally I would wonder around to get my flowers but I dont seem to have any way of getting them. do they spawn on grass if I plant some I have been waiting with no luck.

Edit: nevermind floral fertilizer is the key I forgot about it.

Any good ways of getting Podzol dirt Ex Nilo shows getting it via barrel but I just get dirt maybe im missing something

Last edited:

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Any good ways of getting Podzol dirt Ex Nilo shows getting it via barrel but I just get dirt maybe im missing something

throw a dead bush into a mana pool and use the boreal seed that results from it on dirt. Need a dead bush? let a passive flower decay.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...I'm making a runic matrix currently, and it's taking over half an hour to do the infusion using a standard mana spreader. This wouldn't be a big deal, but I didn't realize how long it would take and I'm not sure what happens to a runic altar craft if you exit the game (single player) while it's ongoing, and I'd wanted to quit for the night.

So...a warning to anyone doing this close to quitting time...it takes a long time. Probably not as long as iridium will (it's only 80 million RF...), but a good long while.

Edit: Some weirdness going on...I got all the botania runes back when it finished. I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen (though the only one that was any effort was the mana rune, and that's just because I'm not used to make balance shards without the alchemical construct.)

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Some weirdness going on...I got all the botania runes back when it finished. I'm assuming that's not supposed to happen (though the only one that was any effort was the mana rune, and that's just because I'm not used to make balance shards without the alchemical construct.)
Nope that's deliberate, as part of a major change a bit back in botania runic altar recipes now return any runes used in the recipe. Particularly relevant as all higher tier runes use lower ones. Also did a couple of things like removing mana petals and adding mana powder.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. Well, that was the first runic altar crafting I've done in a while (well, except for making the runes, obviously), so I was unaware of that change. Will certainly make getting higher tier runes less of a pain.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't leave certain machines hooked up to my power grid (Immersive Engineering Water Wheels), because in the past they were known to stay running (i.e. draining power) even when they weren't doing anything. Specifically, the Thermionic Fabricator and the Railcraft Rock Crusher.

In Skyblock, when I disconnect the power from the Rock Crusher, the MV Immersive Wire just disappears. I disconnect by simply pickaxe'ing the Connector, and usually the MV Wire drops onto the floor and I can pick it up. But in this modpack, I only get the Connector back, and it happens every time I do this with the Rock Crusher (and only the Rock Crusher). So where is the MV Wire item going? Is it glitching thru the floor and falling into the void? Is it being eaten by the Rock Crusher, is that black area on the top of the machine actually an opening that can eat the wire? LOL Why does this only happen with this specific machine? Very aggravating since gold is in short supply during early game and thus, so is electrum.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the black area on top destroys items, it also destroys players, don't touch as it does something like 5 hearts of damage twice a second.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to turn off the rock crusher try a breaker switch. That way you have a lever you can throw when you want turn it off.

Zeliox5

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to automatically convert my crushed ores ans such into the ore blocks for automatic smelting. I can't really find a good way to do this, does anyone have any ideas?

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to automatically convert my crushed ores ans such into the ore blocks for automatic smelting. I can't really find a good way to do this, does anyone have any ideas?

There's a couple ways to do it, but the easiest is probably to just use an auto compressor from Ex Compressium.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Ex compressum has an auto compressing machine, its like 5 rf/t and its fairly decent in speed then just use something to pull the blocks out like a transfer node to a pulverizer/furnace setup.

Edit: Freaking coda beat me to it!

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
I don't appreciate IndustrialCraft recipes infiltrating vanilla recipes like those stupid plates required for crafting a bucket. Bad enough, I had to use compressed cobble just to craft a stone furnace but that was only one extra recipe, that was ok. The bucket represents an entire mess, I refuse to deal with. The worst of which was very dominate in GregoriousT's work, which I totally hate.
Will the Skyblock world work in Infinity Evolved normal mode? or is there a command to drop the recipe changes?

NeverMind: I only had to delete the scripts folder being used by minetweaker

Last edited:

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any tips on getting tongue of dog and wool of bat? I have no idea how the Ex Compressum bait is used, but I imagine I can somehow use it to get a dog to spawn, correct? Does a grinder kill bats and produce wool of bat?

I've never used Witchery before, but I've always had a decent supply of these from hellhounds and random bats previously.

Zeliox5

Jul 29, 2019
There's a couple ways to do it, but the easiest is probably to just use an auto compressor from Ex Compressium.

Ah, didn't notice that, I was currently trying some some stuff with micro chests and a crafting table with a transfer node, but it got a bit too messy. This is much easier, thanks.

Anyone have any tips on getting tongue of dog and wool of bat? I have no idea how the Ex Compressum bait is used, but I imagine I can somehow use it to get a dog to spawn, correct? Does a grinder kill bats and produce wool of bat?

I've never used Witchery before, but I've always had a decent supply of these from hellhounds and random bats previously.

Bats naturally spawn below y level 60 I believe, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them to spawn, they spawn on the underside of blocks though. If you have to you could just wait for a spawn then used the MFR spawner to spawn them. Also I would be pretty surprised if a grinder didn't kill bats but I've not tested it myself. I also have no idea about the dogs. Good luck