[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BL0CKPARTY

Jul 29, 2019
Weird water action on a MultiMC TFB Beta 013: I have an EIO Reservoir at the top of a room with a TE fluiduct (servo pulling water out) going up into the next room. In the upper room, I have a 8k TE tank at eye height (2 block up) with more fluiduct (and servo) going up to the room above (ie: from first floor up to third floor with a tank between fluiducts on the second floor). When I break the fluiduct below the tank, a double row of water to the side of the tank (above the reservoir) flows up from the floor. It's blue water, but there is a purple tint to it along the top (not inside the blocks of water). This purple tint does not extend along the whole top of the water, but only on the half nearest to the player (away from the wall). I'm in a Plains biome so I don't know where the purple tint is coming from. Break another fluiduct going down into the reservoir room and the water flows up to double height (2L x 2H). Put the fluiducts I broke back and the water flows down and disappears. Just ... weird. Otherwise everything works as it should.

I have screen shots, but don't know how to add them to the forum as spoilers. Could send them directly to you Caigan, but I hope I've explained it enough for it to be duplicated.

Last edited:

Vapor

Jul 21, 2014
So, blind bags still have progressive automation and armourers workshop rewards...
Well, that looks to have been acknowledged about 12 hours before your post (literally, the page prior), so unless he's updated the beta for the pack in that time, he knows.

BL0CKPARTY

Jul 29, 2019
Another glitch in Beta 013, but of more concern. Using Storage Drawers Compacting Drawers. Put tin in and get copper nuggets out. It even shows as copper nuggets on the front panel, but tin ingot and block. Put iron in and get iron block, iron ingot, and ... iron nuggets? Nope! Rotten flesh?! Again shows on the front panel.

Sorry, didn't mention before, but playing on Peaceful during both issues (this and the one a few posts earlier) just in case that matters.

N

NotATurtle

I'm having problems with my game, on single player it works for 5-10 minutes then crashes, and on multiplayer it crashes as soon as the world starts to render.
//pastebin.com/embed_js/gpnjPVa6

(This is the report from trying a server)

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Another glitch in Beta 013, but of more concern. Using Storage Drawers Compacting Drawers. Put tin in and get copper nuggets out. It even shows as copper nuggets on the front panel, but tin ingot and block. Put iron in and get iron block, iron ingot, and ... iron nuggets? Nope! Rotten flesh?! Again shows on the front panel.

Sorry, didn't mention before, but playing on Peaceful during both issues (this and the one a few posts earlier) just in case that matters.
Already reported right here:
So, I wanted to use Compacting drawers to store my metals and this happened... Edit: I am on the 0.1.3 Beta version.

For Tin I used the Thermal Foundation version and it is giving back copper nuggets. Weird ore dictionary behavior.

Further testing showed that storing more Rotten Flesh increases the number of available iron ingots.

2016_04_02_23_31_07.png

2016_04_02_23_37_49.png

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
. I'm in a Plains biome so I don't know where the purple tint is coming from. Break another fluiduct going down into the reservoir room and the water flows up to double height (2L x 2H). Put the fluiducts I broke back and the water flows down and disappears. Just ... weird. Otherwise everything works as it should.
That's very odd, hm...

Yup, got reported a page or so back and already fixed it on my end. Some odd ore dictionary behaviour from compacting drawers. If you want, you can download THIS ZIP and extract it to your /minecraft/scripts/ folder for the modpack and reload the world.

I'm having problems with my game, on single player it works for 5-10 minutes then crashes, and on multiplayer it crashes as soon as the world starts to render.
//pastebin.com/embed_js/gpnjPVa6
Looking into this again since it seems to be happening more regularly lately, it might be something that happens when Mojang's server stuff is hiccuping, down, or having issues. Either try again later, or if it keeps happening, you'll have to disable Morph. Let me know if it keeps happening.

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
I is sad :(
I tried copying my save game from the curse launcher into the beta. But sadly it won't load. It complains about a heap of missing blocks, then cpntinues to load a minute or so, and then closes the launcher window with an error
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:

* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.12 from Fluxed-Crystals2-1.0.7.jar).

It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.

This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8

AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 0 / 8; []

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

[14:46:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:354]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\Aiwan\Downloads\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\The Ferret Business 0.1.3 - Client Beta\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2016-04-04_14.46.30-server.txt

[14:46:30] [Thread-22/INFO]: Shutdown detected, commencing statistics dump

2016-04-04 14:46:30,552 ERROR Attempted to append to non-started appender File

2016-04-04 14:46:30,553 ERROR Unable to write to stream logs/latest.log for appender File

Exception in thread "Thread-22" AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Process exited with code -1.

I had hoped I could keep the save when the pack gets updated, but so far it is not looking good.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I is sad :(
I tried copying my save game from the curse launcher into the beta. But sadly it won't load. It complains about a heap of missing blocks, then cpntinues to load a minute or so, and then closes the launcher window with an error
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:

* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.12 from Fluxed-Crystals2-1.0.7.jar).

It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.

This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8

AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 0 / 8; []

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

[14:46:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:354]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\Aiwan\Downloads\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\The Ferret Business 0.1.3 - Client Beta\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2016-04-04_14.46.30-server.txt

[14:46:30] [Thread-22/INFO]: Shutdown detected, commencing statistics dump

2016-04-04 14:46:30,552 ERROR Attempted to append to non-started appender File

2016-04-04 14:46:30,553 ERROR Unable to write to stream logs/latest.log for appender File

Exception in thread "Thread-22" AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Process exited with code -1.

I had hoped I could keep the save when the pack gets updated, but so far it is not looking good.

This doesn't look like the right error code area. Did you remember to reset your HQM Data?

Cyperangel

Jul 29, 2019
This doesn't look like the right error code area. Did you remember to reset your HQM Data?
Erm.... Yeah, about that.....

*Runs away and hides in shame*

Yep, it works now. Derpy, derpy me.

And, THANK YOU for this awesome modpack. Me and the hubby are having heaps of fun playing it. And hes not normally a MC person. So this is pure awesome!

Reactions: DeathOfTime
N

NotATurtle

That's very odd, hm...

Yup, got reported a page or so back and already fixed it on my end. Some odd ore dictionary behaviour from compacting drawers. If you want, you can download THIS ZIP and extract it to your /minecraft/scripts/ folder for the modpack and reload the world.

Looking into this again since it seems to be happening more regularly lately, it might be something that happens when Mojang's server stuff is hiccuping, down, or having issues. Either try again later, or if it keeps happening, you'll have to disable Morph. Let me know if it keeps happening.

I removed the morph mod from my game and it seemed to be working fine but it crashed again after about half an hour of play time when i tried to open an iron chest. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/5096f3c5

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, this won't work :}

I was curious enough to download your pack and investigate. The ore dictionary matching in SD is smart enough to ignore entries like your FMC, because it can (usually) infer that unrelated groups of items would be exchangeable, and that's what you see with normal drawers. Compacting drawers also obey this, but tier resolution when the first item is inserted is a little different and that's where things are going wrong. It searches your recipe registry for all potential candidates for more or less compact items, then it tests if the recipe works in both directions, and tests that the back-recipe product is compatible with the original item. That last check was being done as a simple ore dictionary test rather than a smart test. The smart test, by the way, is the only one that listens to the blacklist, which is why the scripts won't help.

If you'd like some insight into the resolution process, turn on debugging in the mod options and check the server log after populating a compacting drawer. It manages to find some pretty strange candidates.

I've published a new build with stricter verification. The blacklist entries shouldn't be needed, but it will start using them now if something is still getting through.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/storage-drawers/files/2292237

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, this won't work :}
Ah! Thank you so much!

I did the blacklist thing after searching the github to see if someone else had the same issue, and came across the thread listing the minetweaker blacklist stuff. Adding it and testing it, it seemed to work on my end, but what I'm guessing is I didn't test the conditions properly that triggered it for other folks, which is definitely my fault.

Again, thank you for the update and explanation! =)

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a nice QDS system operational? Or know of one to turn in single items? Getting tedious turning in these vouchers for shop loyalty .. already did 600+ turn ins by hand and well .. my hand hurts ._.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies for the delay. Yup, disabling Journeymap fixed all of the fps issues I've had up to this point. Guess I at least have a use for the warp book now. XD
Has Voxelmap been tested to see if it'll jive with the pack yet out of curiosity? The waypoints are nice, even if it doesn't have the teleportation.

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
@Orma the QDS or Quest Delivery System is only for delivering items to the quest book system, unfortunately there currently is no way to automate submitting quests/ buying from the store.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
@Orma the QDS or Quest Delivery System is only for delivering items to the quest book system, unfortunately there currently is no way to automate submitting quests/ buying from the store.
I know. I just need a delayed system to deliver the vouchers so i can select reward and claim it, cuts down on some mouse movement xD

V

Vinsdor

How soon is ftb launcher release? And can i retrogen matter overdrive ore with CoFH?