Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Xeno's Reliquary is in DW20's pack and it adds a fantastic handgun system. My favorite weapon of all time; easily blowing away the Thaumcraft weapons (which I also like very much).
Kinda pricy, considering bows are just string and wood and provide almost as much damage output with the right enchants. But hey, I'll check it out.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Whoaaaaaaa this sure is a thread.
Boots give vertical flight and chest give horizontal flight. Use both together for proper flight.
Er, this is incorrect. Jetpack without flight control currently has 2 'modes': straight up, and up+forward. up+forward splits your thrust evenly between the two directions. Jetboots and jetpack simply sum their thrust and cost values for a total thrust/cost per tick of use. So the 'ideal' is probably just to install both, unless you're using Flight Control.

Eh, I'd prefer to have one uber tool, and one uber weapon rather than one item that does it all. For one, power consumption would be less. For another, it is my spinal reflex to switch from my drill to my chainsaw when I hear that all-too familiar hissing sound behind me.
One of the problems I had with the major mods in 1.2.5 was the insane number of tools and clutter in my inventory, especially the ones that HAD to be on your hotbar, like the EE2 rings. I would prioritize IC2 power tools, even though I should have probably used machines, just to save on inventory slots. So my focus is on making it possible to use a single tool to cover as wide a range of capabilities as can be done.

I definitely feel your pain on the 'accidentally destroying my projects while fighting off mobs', though - what I personally do is set all the tools to a key (should be possible if you're using the current recommended or later) and then press that key in my 'panic' when addressing a creeper.

Alternatively, if this just doesn't suit you, you can make 2 powertools and colour them differently so you can tell them apart :D

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I have the G key to disable step assist (taking sand from beaches, that water pushing you man), H to disable sprint, J to disable jump, B to disable night vision, N to disable shovel, pick and axe, and M to disable jetpack.

Later today I will test the jetpack without flight control (because is a pain to fly) or the jetboots.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Question, is anyone else having trouble getting the tools to mine/dig/cut properly without having to hold "w"?

Edit: Ah, I figured it out. It was the jetpack/boots. If you turn them off then it works fine.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Still on Dire20, but I found this suit is my new fav early armour.
I get the legs and torso with jump, glider and parchute, with a tiny battery and some iorn plating.
Combine with Boots of the Traveler for even /more/ jump, and you have a cheap way of travel. The max jump costs a piddly amount of energy to the point I just make a new LV capacitor every few days or just throw it in a generator.

This is mostly a result of not doing IC2 till much MUCH later then I used too. The glider really helps with early exploration with no charging needed.

Only catch with boots of the travler on dire20 is that while the jump is (multipled? added?), the sprint speed is overritten so the sprint assist is useless. Unless I'm doing hevey traveling though I prefur the constant quick speed of the boots to having to dash.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You know that the sprint assist does that same movement speed thing that the Boots of the Traveler do right? This effect doesn't get overridden by the jump assist and is always on unless you turn it off. This means for the boot slot you can use the powersuit boots for some shock absorbers so you don't take fall damage. And if you really wanna see quick speed put on some jet boots and a jet pack. I must have moved 1-2km in a few seconds with those babies on and low weight.

Personally speaking, this suit is my new goal over the quantum/gravisuit. Now to actually get something done in my new survival map :X

Edit: Oh, and the sprint assist speed seems to stack with the jets.

Iiamghostt

Jul 29, 2019
Put a armor invis and a camo upgrade and you pretty much make yourself completely invisible. No bubbles like the potion either. Then set both items to a key and you can wink in and out of existence. Add a kinetic generator and you never have to power it.

Zupalicious

Jul 29, 2019
Could somebody tell me the recipe of LV-capacitor, Google failed me there and i cant update to newer version cus of a bigger server.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Wiring (the one made from redstone, gold cable, redstone), RE-Battery, wiring, if your playing with the recipie missing dire20.

You know that the sprint assist does that same movement speed thing that the Boots of the Traveler do right? This effect doesn't get overridden by the jump assist and is always on unless you turn it off. This means for the boot slot you can use the powersuit boots for some shock absorbers so you don't take fall damage. And if you really wanna see quick speed put on some jet boots and a jet pack. I must have moved 1-2km in a few seconds with those babies on and low weight.

Personally speaking, this suit is my new goal over the quantum/gravisuit. Now to actually get something done in my new survival map :X

Edit: Oh, and the sprint assist speed seems to stack with the jets.

In dire20 at least sprint assist only speeds you up when you are /sprinting/. The boots of the traveler does the opposite, it makes you faster when /walking/ but also makes your sprint speed the same as your walking speed (and overrides sprint assist).

If thtas changed in anouther version it would make my day. As Boots are one of the first items i shoot for.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Wiring (the one made from redstone, gold cable, redstone), RE-Battery, wiring, if your playing with the recipie missing dire20.

In dire20 at least sprint assist only speeds you up when you are /sprinting/. The boots of the traveler does the opposite, it makes you faster when /walking/ but also makes your sprint speed the same as your walking speed (and overrides sprint assist).

If thtas changed in anouther version it would make my day. As Boots are one of the first items i shoot for.

Dire20 is missing the walking speed boost.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well there you go. In the Ultimate pack the Sprint Assist also has a walking speed increase function. I also managed to get the sprint and jump assist to both work at the same time, though I'm not quite sure how since at one point they didn't seem to work together. The movement speed increase running in tandem with the jetpack and boots are really....way too fast if you have below 25 weight. You can accidentally get lost if you're not careful :X

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
so ultimate pack has the latest recommended version (build 178) while direwolf's pack is still on the previous recommended version (build 43). That explains why I am getting mixed reports :p

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
[...]unless you're using Flight Control.
I went into creative just for this - I cannot, for the life of me, find this. Conclusion: Might the version the current (5.1.something) DW20 pack uses be too old to have this included?

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get the portable crafting bench to show up. I have it installed, is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I installed the Ultimate pack and the first thing I did was check out the new MPS stuff.

I APPROVE! Except for one thing - I love the idea of a walk speed boost, but I think it would be nice to have it as a separate module from the sprint boost.

Redpower used to be my favorite mod. I think that's no longer the case.

Reactions: Dravarden