Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There have been bugs in other mods (specifically Chromaticraft, to my knowledge) where they didn't recognize the dragons in Draconic Evolution and Hardcore Ender Expansion as being actual dragons. I'm guessing that the same thing is going on here.

You might have to regenerate the End to get the vanilla Enderdragon to spawn so you can draw its blood.
@Dkittrell do some testing in SSP to see if it is possible to draw the blood out of the vanilla dragon. If it works I'll gladly reset the end for you on the server we play on. I'm sort of curious about this whole dragon dimension in RF tools.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
@Dkittrell do some testing in SSP to see if it is possible to draw the blood out of the vanilla dragon. If it works I'll gladly reset the end for you on the server we play on. I'm sort of curious about this whole dragon dimension in RF tools.
I just tested this with the latest RFTools.
2016-01-21_19.40.59.png

Me, attacking a vanilla Enderdragon in the End in a testworld with a syringe. As you can see from the blood in the syringe in my hotbar, it works.

And, if you're wondering what that dragon dimension may look like...
2016-01-21_19.59.36.png

Note the scar in the red sphere at the left.

I'm pretty sure they respawn, too.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Yup was doing testing/research my self. 4.10 is when they added the syringe to work with drags. Most people wont have this issue but im on a custom mod pack, our version was 4.01. I tested with RFtools 4.2 and it works just in case anyone cares. Thanks @Someone Else 37 for your time into this as well. Now to update our pack :) @Henry Link get busy lol

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Yup was doing testing/research my self. 4.10 is when they added the syringe to work with drags. Most people wont have this issue but im on a custom mod pack, our version was 4.01. I tested with RFtools 4.2 and it works just in case anyone cares. Thanks @Someone Else 37 for your time into this as well. Now to update our pack :) @Henry Link get busy lol

Done.... And I know you able to get the dimlet by summoning a DE dragon. So no reset of the end needed.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So I forked TiCon from github and want to know if anyone knows how I could get 8mB/Half a Nugget/One Eighteenth of an Ingot from each ore. I've been searching through it for a while but can't find it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested this with the latest RFTools.View attachment 25431
Me, attacking a vanilla Enderdragon in the End in a testworld with a syringe. As you can see from the blood in the syringe in my hotbar, it works.

And, if you're wondering what that dragon dimension may look like...
View attachment 25432
Note the scar in the red sphere at the left.

I'm pretty sure they respawn, too.
Sir, I think you've created heaven. I must now recreate this...maybe with a shallow ocean of some horrifically caustic fluid or pyrotheum, massive orbs of steel (or at least iron blocks), and tendrils of some kind of kickass material that is awesome and possibly ludicrite. Put all that in a Hell biome, and you've got the makings for the greatest possible dragon death arena of all time!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sir, I think you've created heaven. I must now recreate this...maybe with a shallow ocean of some horrifically caustic fluid or pyrotheum, massive orbs of steel (or at least iron blocks), and tendrils of some kind of kickass material that is awesome and possibly ludicrite. Put all that in a Hell biome, and you've got the makings for the greatest possible dragon death arena of all time!
I am going to do this now. I'll throw in Withers as well, because that works. Will post screenshots when it's done.

Do note that I'll be doing this in a very small testing modpack that I've cobbled together, so my selection of materials will be a bit limited. But I definitely have Railcraft and Thermal Foundation, so steel blocks and pyrotheum are in, assuming the appropriate dimlets exist.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Okay, an hour and a half of poking about in NEI, flying around, taking screenshots, and shooting dragons with epic Botania weapons, I present RavyDragons, a finely decorated netherrack dimension.
2016-01-22_00.46.14.png

It is covered with hills of netherrack and lakes of blazing pyrotheum. It is adorned with spheres of iron (no steel block dimlet, unfortunately), ringed with tendrils of gold, and it menaces with pyramids of firestone ore. It is dotted with small lakes of blood (though I'm not sure if there's any visible in these screenshots- they tend to spawn underneath the hills).

2016-01-22_00.47.31.png

Also note that the spheres aren't solid. Inside, they're filled with black oil.

Also, well-timed flying pigman. I bey he got kicked by a dragon. All the usual Nether mobs (save blazes) spawn here; the pigmen are just the most common by far. But there's ghasts and magma cubes, too. The ghasts don't tend to last long- they get run over by dragons, and then they die. That's actually where the gunpowder on my hotbar there came from- a dragon killed a ghast somewhere over my head, and the gunpowder literally fell into my inventory.

2016-01-22_00.49.29.png

As it turns out, Buildcraft oil is highly flammable. It was surprisingly difficult to get the dragons to tear into the orbs in such a way that the oil would spill out onto the pyrotheum and catch fire. I ended up having to float next to and kind of underneath the left-hand orb here to lure a dragon where it would make the oil spill out.

I didn't cause the spillage on the left side of that orb, though, or either of the ones on the right orb. I blame that bored wither.

2016-01-22_00.51.25.png

Dragons, you say? Dragons. There's four in this picture; I'm not sure if I ever saw five at once or not. So their population cap is four or five. I want to say McJty said the cap was four dragons and five withers when he implemented their dimlets, but I'm not sure.

Also, note the sky. And the red fog down the valley, which I think was a nice touch.

2016-01-22_00.50.55.png

They definitely damage the terrain. There are no caves in this dimension- this did not exist when I generated the dimension.

2016-01-22_00.52.17.png

What is this I don't even...

2016-01-22_01.09.38.png

Judging by the fact that there's more than twice as many portals here than I ever saw dragons (at once, at least), and the number of dragons flying around did not decrease noticeably, I'm pretty sure they respawn.

Also, you can see the corner of one of the blood lakes here. That slightly brighter red rectangle on the edge of the portal just above that dragon's right wing... is blood.

2016-01-22_01.22.07.png

Finally, punching the dragons spawned in this dimension with syringes works just like punching the one in the End. So a dimension like this is a renewable source of dragon blood, for all your dragon-blood-requiring needs. I bet a dimension like this would horribly break Draconic Evolution as well (like it's not pretty broken already).

Those withers spawn naturally, too. They sometimes fly up and shoot at the dragons, but mostly they float on the ground and shoot explosive skulls at random. All those little patches of flowing pyrotheum that you see around in the middle of the lakes are from bored withers.

So infinite nether stars AND dragon hearts. If only some of the terrain could be made of draconium ore...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
HOLY CRAP, THAT'S AWESOME. I wish there were a way to save and send dimension tabs over the 'net. Not like in the same server, but like as a template. Because I'd kill a man for that template.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I made a random dragon age last night, only did the Dragon dimlet and flat lands and it gave me the hell/fire background also, sets the mood for killing haha. I spent just a few minutes killing dragons, got 36 dragon hearts, enoug draconium to make a top tier energy storage and over 300 levels, this is way op but fun as hell with an OP crossbow :D

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Okay, an hour and a half of poking about in NEI, flying around, taking screenshots, and shooting dragons with epic Botania weapons, I present RavyDragons, a finely decorated netherrack dimension.
View attachment 25434
It is covered with hills of netherrack and lakes of blazing pyrotheum. It is adorned with spheres of iron (no steel block dimlet, unfortunately), ringed with tendrils of gold, and it menaces with pyramids of firestone ore. It is dotted with small lakes of blood (though I'm not sure if there's any visible in these screenshots- they tend to spawn underneath the hills).

View attachment 25437
Also note that the spheres aren't solid. Inside, they're filled with black oil.

Also, well-timed flying pigman. I bey he got kicked by a dragon. All the usual Nether mobs (save blazes) spawn here; the pigmen are just the most common by far. But there's ghasts and magma cubes, too. The ghasts don't tend to last long- they get run over by dragons, and then they die. That's actually where the gunpowder on my hotbar there came from- a dragon killed a ghast somewhere over my head, and the gunpowder literally fell into my inventory.

View attachment 25439
As it turns out, Buildcraft oil is highly flammable. It was surprisingly difficult to get the dragons to tear into the orbs in such a way that the oil would spill out onto the pyrotheum and catch fire. I ended up having to float next to and kind of underneath the left-hand orb here to lure a dragon where it would make the oil spill out.

I didn't cause the spillage on the left side of that orb, though, or either of the ones on the right orb. I blame that bored wither.

View attachment 25442
Dragons, you say? Dragons. There's four in this picture; I'm not sure if I ever saw five at once or not. So their population cap is four or five. I want to say McJty said the cap was four dragons and five withers when he implemented their dimlets, but I'm not sure.

Also, note the sky. And the red fog down the valley, which I think was a nice touch.

View attachment 25441
They definitely damage the terrain. There are no caves in this dimension- this did not exist when I generated the dimension.

View attachment 25444
What is this I don't even...

View attachment 25447
Judging by the fact that there's more than twice as many portals here than I ever saw dragons (at once, at least), and the number of dragons flying around did not decrease noticeably, I'm pretty sure they respawn.

Also, you can see the corner of one of the blood lakes here. That slightly brighter red rectangle on the edge of the portal just above that dragon's right wing... is blood.

View attachment 25449
Finally, punching the dragons spawned in this dimension with syringes works just like punching the one in the End. So a dimension like this is a renewable source of dragon blood, for all your dragon-blood-requiring needs. I bet a dimension like this would horribly break Draconic Evolution as well (like it's not pretty broken already).

Those withers spawn naturally, too. They sometimes fly up and shoot at the dragons, but mostly they float on the ground and shoot explosive skulls at random. All those little patches of flowing pyrotheum that you see around in the middle of the lakes are from bored withers.

So infinite nether stars AND dragon hearts. If only some of the terrain could be made of draconium ore...

Draconium ore? Why not Draconium Blocks or Charged Draconium blocks? If Primal Mana has a dimlet it would definetly work in an world made of Draconium Blocks. Anyway that world looks awesome

I made a random dragon age last night, only did
the Dragon dimlet and flat lands and it gave me the hell/fire background also, sets the mood for
killing haha. I spent just a few minutes killing dragons, got 36 dragon hearts, enoug draconium to make a top tier energy storage and over 300 levels, this is way op but fun as hell with an OP crossbow :D
Yep. Make a crossbow with a Manyulium Crossbow Body, a paper/thaumium/magical wood/manasteel/terrasteel/ellementium(if posible)/<insert other material that give more more modifiers to put some more stuff on it>Tough Tool Binding, Signalum Crossbow Limb, and Fiery Bow String
and Enderium Bolts made out of enderium everything and Blue Slimy Leaf Fletching with max quartz, it should do lots of damage to the dragon.
P.S.: it took a while to read-write this post.

Reactions: Pyure

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Now, find a way to contain and reliably spawn them, and you could...oh my god. YOU COULD HAVE THE BEST BOSS FARM EVER. Imma become a dragon rancher!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Don't really do TC, but that might be an option, assuming it doesn't fly thru it. Another potential option is a RotaryCraft or RFTools force field...testing must be done. :)

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
finding a way to contain would be good. Maybe make a void world to start, place a magnum torch then start building?

G

GrandRoyal

How do I enable Vampirism on the FTB Departed Modpack? It is disabled by default and I can't figure out the code line I need to type out to enable it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
finding a way to contain would be good. Maybe make a void world to start, place a magnum torch then start building?

Oh shit, son! Reading the code, RotaryCraf'ts containment field can contain a dragon! It needs 2MW of power to do it, but you could contain them! Now, if there were a way to spawn them, then you'd be set...

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Oh shit, son! Reading the code, RotaryCraf'ts containment field can contain a dragon! It needs 2MW of power to do it, but you could contain them! Now, if there were a way to spawn them, then you'd be set...
Can you catch them using a safari net/soul vial?(or however the item from enderio made out of quite clear/fused quartz(can't remember which one) + soularium)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Need help with Logistic Pipes.
I am using Drawers for storage. Now I want to create a glass generator that stops supplieng more when I reach lets say 3 stacks.
How can I control this with logistics Pipes? I think the Supplier- Pipe is the one to go, but I cant make it work.
Not sure if me, or supplier upgrade+ drawer controler not working

Edit: basicly its a AE Level Emitter but with LP