32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my go at EnderTanks:
EnderTanks.jpg

This is the texture:
(Ninja Edit: Corrected the file to reflect the changes the author made in v1.4)
(Ninja Edit 2: Left a guide layer visible - fixed version is here now)
EnderTanks.png
In order to put it into the JSTR you have to add the following folder:
JSTR.zip/shetiphian/endertanks-images/[put texture png in here]

A word of warning: The current version (1.4) of EnderTanks has some sort of bug intertwined with CBs Enderchests - in that the Ender-Bucket sort of replaces the Ender-Pouch. Might be something solveable by tweaking the configs, but that is beyond me. You'll see what I mean when you start up FTB, forge gives you a warning at the first login.

I'm not going to cover EnchantingPlus - thats a tad bit too much for a mod, that most probably is not going to be a part of FTB in the near future. ;)

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I made some textures based on John Smith for IC2 Combo Armors. Any suggestions or improvements are welcome, I dont have a problem with it being added to the Technicians Texture Pack aswell.

Item.png
2309-eeb86508700b6f77c31f1bd7b167ceed.jpg

If theres any interest to include it into the Texturepack Mod-AddOn whatever, let me know and i upload the armor files aswell.

Attachments

• items.png
    items.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 157

Feliseda

Jul 29, 2019
So I've noticed with the Link Modifier from Mystcraft when clicking the buttons to add things like Intra Linking and Following, the buttons don't change, so it's difficult to tell what ones you have actually clicked on, the only way to tell the book has been modified is because it is shiny. I know quite a few people who would appriciate it if you could maybe fix this so either the buttons clicked light up or change color, something to notify users of what buttons we clicked. Thank You for all your hard work, I really love this Texture Pack!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
So I've noticed with the Link Modifier from Mystcraft when clicking the buttons to add things like Intra Linking and Following, the buttons don't change, so it's difficult to tell what ones you have actually clicked on, the only way to tell the book has been modified is because it is shiny.
Twist is, the Link Modifier does not have a real gui at all, but is constructed out of other blocks' interface elements. Thus, changing these buttons would derange other blocks' guis. Instead, it's meant to be more of a debug/admin block, not an actual ingame tool. But it was already stated by the mod developer, that all the functionalities of the Link Modifier will be added as symbol pages in a future update.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think it has to be finished to be added to the Launcher. And last time I checked there was missing half Stevescarts and some more thingys, so it just depends whether there is someone who wants to put his time and effort into finishing the textures.

Iggy_the_Mad

Jul 29, 2019
Ahoy.

I've checked the changelog on couple occasions and I see that you are still not aware of an issue which has been present for a long while (does nobody use it these days, really?). Some of the RailCraft track textures are wrong. Wrong, as in, some track textures are on the wrong index, and some are even wrongly oriented.

For example, Switch Track, (indexes 48 & 49) must be flipped 180 degrees. Indexes 114 and 115 (boarding tracks, I believe) should be switched (Powered-state is on Non-powered-state index, and vice versa). And those are only the ones I noticed, there could be more.

Please double-check with original Railcraft textures.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
You may consider rephrasing that post a bit. Just sayin'.

Apart of that, you are somewhat right with your assumption - there are indeed not all that many players using the RC rails, which in turn may be a reason why the "fix" for the textures is quite low on anyones' ToDo list.
And finally, if it's only a question of repositioning and/or cut'n' paste - this can be easily done with gfx tools available for free, so why not give it a try? This IS a community driven texture pack, after all.

Iggy_the_Mad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not assuming, nor asking any questions. Sorry if I gave any wrong impressions. I'm just informing that there's something wrong with the content of the texture pack.

Yes, it is fairly easy to fix those, but I tend not to intrude on someone else's work, nor to correct someone else's mistakes. Someone did these textures before, made a mess and they know best how to fix it. And I wasn't really aware that it is community driven, to be honest.

Here. Fixed what I noticed - switch rails and boarding tracks. There could be more errors, but I didn't see them. Also, somebody made a mess of that image, but it is not my place to clean it up.

Attachments

• tracks.png
    tracks.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 137

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not assuming, nor asking any questions. Sorry if I gave any wrong impressions. I'm just informing that there's something wrong with the content of the texture pack.
Y'know.. it's the how, not the why.
Yes, it is fairly easy to fix those, but I tend not to intrude on someone else's work, nor to correct someone else's mistakes. Someone did these textures before, made a mess and they know best how to fix it. And I wasn't really aware that it is community driven, to be honest.
In fact, it was THAT easy to fix those (easy to overlook - we're talking about dozens of quite similar, rather small rail textures here) errors that I did, what you could've done in the first place. I opened up the originals to compare, tweaked the four errors in question and corrected a few other (pixel-sized) details. And while I was in there, I even went the extra mile (..duh..) and covered up the (obvious) wip-designs the original creator left in there. Not that these were a problem, as they are in a place a normal player would usually never see them.
tracks.png

[...]it is not my place to clean [it] up.
I prefer to ignore this. :rolleyes:

Iggy_the_Mad

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.

I think we are misunderstanding each other. What I am saying, is that I don't do textures on a (more) regular basis (with reasons) and prefer to leave this to people who do, least I screw things up myself even more by trying to fix few glitches, or do things in a messy way. No hidden blaming, no intentional whateveryoucallit in the post, just that.

Reactions: Freakscar

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I may sound stupid but how do u add the textures in?
It's not a stupid question at all. Feel free to ask about details via pm.
The quick'n'dirty way to change (or add) textures is as follows:

1. Navigate to your FTB / MC installation folder and locate the "texture packs" folder
2. Inside you have all the different texturepacks you have installed at the moment - for this particular set here, you're looking for the "John Smith Technicians Remix.zip" (or a similar name)
3. Open up that file with any program you have available, for example: WinRar, WinZip, 7Zip, etc. (if you do not have any of those, most of them are free to download online)
4. Inside are a ton of different folders - some are named after the mod they belong to, but some are not (e.g. "eloraam" contains all the textures for RedPower and "soaryn" contains the textures for XyCraft - this depends on the mod in question, as the path to the textures is set by the mod itself, not the texture-pack)
5. Find the appropriate folder for the texture you want to add or change
6. Drag and Drop the .png file you have from your desktop (or where-ever you may have saved it before) into the folder inside the zip file, answer the prompt with "yes" (as you do indeed want to overwrite the already existing file)
7. You're done. ;)

Major_Pavlo

Jul 29, 2019
I have one more question are you guys planning to change the warden glass texture since it looks more like a block then glass?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
In case you are refering to the tint of the warded glas, that's actually done by the mod, not the texturepack.

wardglas.jpg

This is a comparison between vanilla warded glas and JSTR warded glas. See the tint stays the same in both versions? If you go and have a look at the ss_world.png you will notice, that the texture itself is in fact clear like glas. So.. not much that can be done about this. =)

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my go at EnderTanks:
View attachment 2306

This is the texture:
(Ninja Edit: Corrected the file to reflect the changes the author made in v1.4)
(Ninja Edit 2: Left a guide layer visible - fixed version is here now)
View attachment 2312
In order to put it into the JSTR you have to add the following folder:
JSTR.zip/shetiphian/endertanks-images/[put texture png in here]

A word of warning: The current version (1.4) of EnderTanks has some sort of bug intertwined with CBs Enderchests - in that the Ender-Bucket sort of replaces the Ender-Pouch. Might be something solveable by tweaking the configs, but that is beyond me. You'll see what I mean when you start up FTB, forge gives you a warning at the first login.

I'm not going to cover EnchantingPlus - thats a tad bit too much for a mod, that most probably is not going to be a part of FTB in the near future. ;)
Sorry for all the work you put it after chicken bones adds his own ender tanks :/. But thanks anyway! Any news on progress for the ultimate pack?

JACJP

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't finish downloading the texture pack on either the mirror download or the main one..... it just says unarchiving 'John Smith Technician's Remix.zip.download' forever....... I was really looking forward to using this.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't finish downloading the texture pack on either the mirror download or the main one..... it just says unarchiving 'John Smith Technician's Remix.zip.download' forever....... I was really looking forward to using this.

Are you on a mac? If so, what archive utility are you using?