[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
@Everlasting2 set max radius and max Y range where of the place you're standing (so it reaches bedrock level), generally you'll find 150+- ores (platinum(shiny)+diamond) it takes 5k rf/t (high due to Silk Touch), but it's easy to generate RF with x64 gen or a decent sized reactor, just keep moving around with them. You can make more than two Digital Miners to make it quicker - start one>move out of range of the previous miner and place it>same for next. It is stupidly OP for how cheap the machine is.

This is HQM crashing on invalid progress data, did you delete the previous HQM data before trying 0.1.2?
That was completely new world. Also I don't know how could I get invalid data, as I was not doing anything with HQM at that time - my PC force-restarted on shift-spamming shiny supply crates in ME system and after that my instance and save got corrupted.
Now it's all good - made new instance and copied backed up save.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
generally you'll find 150+- ores platinum(shiny)+diamond
oh i thought it was one setup and u got which stumped me becuase never got an inventory of them for a setup

op is relative
i thought a power to coins setup was very op a version or 2 ago . i was somewhat wrong it was only op not very op ,because of how much coins u need for de stuff ,(for comparison its now 2 coins per yellowium ingot u sell(ignoring trader chit coins because variable) and a typical low tier de thing(not component) costs over 500 vouchers

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
That was completely new world. Also I don't know how could I get invalid data, as I was not doing anything with HQM at that time - my PC force-restarted on shift-spamming shiny supply crates in ME system and after that my instance and save got corrupted.
HQM is odd like that. If it happens again, see about deleting the HardcoreQuesting folder from that save and see if that fixes it before going to a full backup. (or just move the HardcoreQuesting folder from a backup and replace the current one)

op is relative
It can be, yes, but part of the update after this one is to address, at least partially, some of the OP and imbalanceness in a few things, specifically Tinker's material stats, shop payouts, etc.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Coins and Vouchers are easy to acquire with Digital Miner, as you just go for Diamond and Shiny. Easy 4k+ 15 coin supply crates in a matter of 10 minutes, I haven't played the pack in a long while and this might not be that OP at all, but for me it certainty doesn't seem to be the case.

@Caigan, okay thanks - will try to go for it in future, if anything goes wrong.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
specifically Tinker's material stats
does this mean im going to need an awakend draconium core(yes the material u need to use when making parts from draconium or awakened draconium is that tiers core last i checked, (wyvren, awakened respectively)) to keep using a strong tinkers melle weopon?

Last edited:

hankham2007

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies for my disappearance! Holidays are a crazy time, and I hope everyone had a good one!

Aw, thank you for the offer! Not sure I'm looking for more voice work than I've already done on the pack (the pack is already almost 300 megs large), and I decided not to do the audio log idea I had for the time being. I'll keep you in mind though if I change my mind!!

Alright, no problem! If there is anything I can do to aid in the pack's progression, do tell me! I wish you the best of luck on successful progress in this pack. Also, I am able to record video and edit it. If you want me to put together a little trailer for you, I will be more than happy to do so. Thanks for your time and consideration!

P.S. - I just wanted to say that I think that it's really amazing that you reply to almost everyone's question/comment. Most people that receive a lot of comments on something they make usually don't read most comments, let alone reply. Thank you very much for making an amazing effort to reply to your fans and make everyone feel like they matter. You really do make a lot of people, including myself, feel like they are an important member of TFB community.

P.P.S. - Did you draw all of your pictures included in the pack? If so, what software do you use, where did you learn to do it, and you are a fantastic artist! I'd love to learn how to draw like that from you, but I know you are busy working on the pack and replying to your fans, which I respect a lot. Keep up all of the fantastic work! Best regards,
-Tyler

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intended that 10/9 and 8:1 exchange rates require you to close the book? 7:1 works fine, but still pushes me to use an AHK script, wish it would require 1 less step. 7:1 gives 1 shop loyalty, which 100% is not intended.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
does this mean im going to need an awakend draconium core(yes the material u need to use when making parts from draconium or awakened draconium is that tiers core last i checked, (wyvren, awakened respectively)) to keep using a strong tinkers melle weopon?
I'm not quite sure yet. Most likely, as Draconium is roughly the 'top tier' of materials that should be available, but I need to do some serious number crunching and testing.

I just wanted to say that I think that it's really amazing that you reply to almost everyone's question/comment.
I feel its part of my duty to be active and responsive in a place I consider a sort of 'official' discussion point for my work. I find it slightly disheartening when a dev or company doesn't regularly talk to its playerbase.

Did you draw all of your pictures included in the pack?
The HQM intro page art was done by a friend of mine. The custom HQM book graphics, blind bags, etc are all a combination of my own work and some sprite editing.

Mostly I use Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI, and I taught myself on how to use both over the years. =)

Is it intended that 10/9 and 8:1 exchange rates require you to close the book? 7:1 works fine, but still pushes me to use an AHK script, wish it would require 1 less step. 7:1 gives 1 shop loyalty, which 100% is not intended.
It's not intended, but they seem to like doing that, and I haven't figured out why. It's an odd quirk in HQM and it isn't consistant. I'll see if I can poke them into working like the 7:1 quest. And no, that's not intended to give shop loyalty, odd....

Your best bet is to use the automation via EnderIO Alloy Smelter.

maolenrobin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I think the best compromise right now is to hold back on the Christmas Gift of Immersive Engineering until the second half of the Balance of Power update.

This way I can gather up data from the big survey I'm planning, and possibly shift out some mods for some new blood, as BTM2016 showed me a few mods I'm interested in POSSIBLY adding, but not if the pack is too large as is.

Overall, Immersive Engineering is the only 'larger' mod I'd like to add, due to high demand, the handful of other mods are fairly small (think Malisis Doors/Armourer's Workshop size : few blocks/items, but lots of stuff that can be done with them).

Just fixed on my end, will be in the 0.1.2 update.

Fixed this one as well.

----------------
I will probably wrap up, compile, and submit the new update this evening to the FTB Third Party Team if no other big issues arise.
I guess i have to keep playing the beta then :/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I guess i have to keep playing the beta then :/
I did some load testing with and without IE, and it didn't really add enough of a load to the pack to remove the gift anymore, so it is staying for release.

Speaking of, I have to do some background stuff before I can submit the pack (to comply with some of the permissions the new mods require, specifically update the Mod List document), so once I finish that (after I get some coffee @.@) I'll be submitting it to the Third Party Team.

Reactions: An0nymuS

maolenrobin

Jul 29, 2019
I did some load testing with and without IE, and it didn't really add enough of a load to the pack to remove the gift anymore, so it is staying for release.

Speaking of, I have to do some background stuff before I can submit the pack (to comply with some of the permissions the new mods require, specifically update the Mod List document), so once I finish that (after I get some coffee @.@) I'll be submitting it to the Third Party Team.
Niceee, although i cant play much as i broke my right arm.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
So. . . Bonnie's Mods are out for 0.1.2? That is Extra Bees and Genetics? Hopefully Gendustry is staying in there?

I just came from a mod pack without Binnie's and it was brutal trying to get mutations. There were a lot of points that had us come to this mod pack and Extra Bees was one of them so at least I would have soul frames to help me out. With Extra Bees gone that would only leave Gendustry for mutation assistance.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Niceee, although i cant play much as i broke my right arm.
Aw, that stinks! =(

It's usually three days for the update to show after it gets sent to the team, right?
One to three days depending on what's going on.

So. . . Bonnie's Mods are out for 0.1.2? That is Extra Bees and Genetics? Hopefully Gendustry is staying in there?
Yeah, unfortunately Binnie's Mods has not been updated to the latest Forestry, while every other mod that works with Forestry has updated to require Forestry 4.0+(this is about 7 or so mods IIRC, some big ones). Hopefully Binnie's updates soon so I can re-add it in a future patch.

Gendustry, Magic Bees, etc are still there though.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it took way longer than I was expecting, since searching on Curseforge was taking a lot longer than usual throughout the day, but the pack has been compiled and submitted to the Third Party team. =)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

tigin88

Jul 29, 2019
This may be the wrong pack but Zetta batteries looked very awesome at btm16. I Love your selection of mods in your pack. I have mixed feelings about the op of certain mods.someone can argue that any mod here could be op. Hqm in your pack has really provided a desire to play several mods i normally don't invest time in. It has been quite enjoyable. I can only state that now i wish I would start some mods sooner before i had access to something a bit more op.

I wanted to share my experience on my mid game world. I began very focused early on Research for Reputation. I now have about a dozen powered spawners controlled by Rftools wireless transmitters/receivers. With a focus of and tech to gather resources i missed out in some gems that other mods provide. I would love to see an alternate for wireless Redstone.

I jumped straight into EnderIO which Completely Made IC2 and Thermal expansion almost useless. I loved Mekanism although a tad OP 5x Ore processing really started me into power progression.The cost really was an well investment, I Look forward into Replacing my Capacitors banks with Induction Multiblocks. I also would consider Reactors from Mekanism in future.

I went from ender io generators straight to Big reactors. The cost to these were far cheaper than any generator. I regret not using any other Generator. I would still love to power a 64x generator but stray away. Solars also look amazing as well.

My world lacks any nature/farming, a tree farm seems quite out of place. It is not a Matter of lack of Mods either. Your Botania questline reminded me the joy of charcoal product and nature. There is Gendustry and Forestry as well which could provide great ways of possible Resource generation. At this point of game bees feel like much more work than crafting/gathering resources myself. With the recent addition of immersive engineering i would love to automate some sort of farming soon,

I attempted world generation with Rftools which quickly felt op. I did not use it since. That said I would love to add some screens to my world. I loved their crafters.

Magic i generally don't play but i really enjoyed several aspects of thaumcraft in Agrarian skies 2.I loved that thaumic energistics was in this pack. I really look forward to the new quest line. I now cannot find any benefit to starting magic.

I really loved exploration in this pack and i still cannot clear a Dungeon.. I love that Twilight forest is here and wish my pc would allow to explore it further.

I understood this pack is beta I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I would definitely start some things sooner if i start a new map. I Just thought i would share my experiences here.