[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed a small thing. Before the update, I had taken all of my magical crops seeds and switched them over to fluxed crystals, then planted them. Now one of the fluxed crystals doesn't actually make anything. It just says rough/smooth [extra space] shard and won't go into the gem refiner. It has item code 7265:58.
Ah yeah, that would be Oil Seed, which with the updates to BC and Forestry, can't really be done easily now. I'm still looking for a workaround for it, though.

maolenrobin

Jul 29, 2019
I built two agricraft crops farms with harvesters outputting to a crafter to autocraft food which then goes into culinary generators and im getting huge lag. when i try to open a chest it opens like a minute later, and when i try to break blocks it drops the block a minute later. Playinh on the normal version in FTB
Edit: http://imgur.com/dRJ0yPr what is going on?
Edit: I just found like 250 villagers in a village next to my base, they keep breeding and spawning :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
what is the good of use immersive engineering? its do many material to build, hard to automate... and so big machines and do less than thermal or ender io... if we talk about mekanism.... omg! it's no sense to use it '-'

my FPS is 10- on this update, what mod do this? =/

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Crashed upon opening Malisis Doors C1 bag.
Probably an item I missed fixing. Added to trello to fix when I can

I built two agricraft crops farms with harvesters outputting to a crafter to autocraft food which then goes into culinary generators and im getting huge lag. when i try to open a chest it opens like a minute later, and when i try to break blocks it drops the block a minute later. Playinh on the normal version in FTB
Edit: http://imgur.com/dRJ0yPr what is going on?
Edit: I just found like 250 villagers in a village next to my base, they keep breeding and spawning :D
This issue might be fixed in the upcoming update, we'll see. I don't want to dig too much into it yet.

what is the good of use immersive engineering? its do many material to build, hard to automate... and so big machines and do less than thermal or ender io... if we talk about mekanism.... omg! it's no sense to use it '-'
Seems its time I once again bring back my diatribe on the topic of "X Mod is useless because Y does it better". There's already been a big argument about the overpoweredness of 'one block powerhouses', etc before as well in the community, as well as the dreaded powercreep into modding.

If we were purely to go on which mod's mechanics were the best for a function, then EnderIO, Mekanism, MFR, and Big Reactors in any combination would make pretty much all other tech mods useless. Thaumcraft and Blood Magic would, conversely, make all other magic mods useless. Powerful tools and items? TInker's Construct tools are insanely good, and Draconic Evolution is Draconic Evolution.

And this is only covering mods within the pack itself, everything goes out the door when you consider such things as Equivalent Exchange/Project E? If DartCraft was updated, that'd be another one.

There's much more to a mods inclusion than its 'best usefulness'. Adding variety, interesting way of doing things, interesting mechanics and looks, etc all matter.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Seems its time I once again bring back my diatribe on the topic of "X Mod is useless because Y does it better". There's already been a big argument about the overpoweredness of 'one block powerhouses', etc before as well in the community, as well as the dreaded powercreep into modding.

If we were purely to go on which mod's mechanics were the best for a function, then EnderIO, Mekanism, MFR, and Big Reactors in any combination would make pretty much all other tech mods useless. Thaumcraft and Blood Magic would, conversely, make all other magic mods useless. Powerful tools and items? TInker's Construct tools are insanely good, and Draconic Evolution is Draconic Evolution.

And this is only covering mods within the pack itself, everything goes out the door when you consider such things as Equivalent Exchange/Project E? If DartCraft was updated, that'd be another one.

There's much more to a mods inclusion than its 'best usefulness'. Adding variety, interesting way of doing things, interesting mechanics and looks, etc all matter.

caigan, it can be a problem, cuz... if some of the mod don't gonna be used cuz other can do the same, it just make the mod pack hard to play or load the mod pack, it's better make some mod optional, my PC is geting hard time here... on the 1.1 i get 15~40 FPS with 3GB of ram.. now 5GB and the FPS down to 7~28

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
caigan, it can be a problem, cuz... if some of the mod don't gonna be used cuz other can do the same, it just make the mod pack hard to play or load the mod pack, it's better make some mod optional, my PC is geting hard time here... on the 1.1 i get 15~40 FPS with 3GB of ram.. now 5GB and the FPS down to 7~28
Given that IE is probably one of the most requested mods I've gotten, I'm pretty sure it will be played.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Tell you what, though. After the 0.1.2 update goes out, I do plan on putting up a big survey for everyone to see what the most and least played mods are in the pack. Since the update after this is the second half of the major Balancing Update, it would be a good time to figure if any mods should be removed.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Given that IE is probably one of the most requested mods I've gotten, I'm pretty sure it will be played.

i see... many modpacks are geting this mod.. but it's a hard version of other mods... for a mod pack like blast off... it's a good one.. (by the way thanks god.. the mod don't was create yet.. blast off is a hell of frustration...)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
my PC is geting hard time here... on the 1.1 i get 15~40 FPS with 3GB of ram.
lucky i get less fps with ram use peaking at 4.1 gigs when i allot it 3.25gigs in the launcher oddly on the same version i quoted.
if u got that kind of spike in demand from the beta im worried

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Veinminer doesn't support ThermalFoundation tools. is that ok?
You can add tools/blocks to veinminer either through chat command or press Esc>Mod options>veinminer>config.

Also, there's a quest for Malisis doors (door quest-chain) where you have to craft Carriage door, but it's uncraftable.

On the "How OP is Mekanism" note - "Two Digital Miners One (80Million) Energy Cell", takes 10 minutes to get a full inventory of shiny+silktouched diamond. Imo Digital Miner should require something like EnderQuarry in its recipe, that thing is way too cheap.

Ok, now my game is crashing constantly: http://pastebin.com/CzeZuRCx
What happened - shift-spammed a bit supply crate + shiny in ME system (it is really laggy btw) and my PC literally restarted.
After that my MC would crash on main menu screen. So I made new instance of 1.2 version and now it crashes on my world lauch. (later when I have time, I'll try to find any recent backups and see how that works)
edit:
backup loads fine on new instance, while old instance crashes on startup, so I guess deleting old one.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I think the best compromise right now is to hold back on the Christmas Gift of Immersive Engineering until the second half of the Balance of Power update.

This way I can gather up data from the big survey I'm planning, and possibly shift out some mods for some new blood, as BTM2016 showed me a few mods I'm interested in POSSIBLY adding, but not if the pack is too large as is.

Overall, Immersive Engineering is the only 'larger' mod I'd like to add, due to high demand, the handful of other mods are fairly small (think Malisis Doors/Armourer's Workshop size : few blocks/items, but lots of stuff that can be done with them).

Veinminer doesn't support ThermalFoundation tools. is that ok?
Just fixed on my end, will be in the 0.1.2 update.

Also, there's a quest for Malisis doors (door quest-chain) where you have to craft Carriage door, but it's uncraftable.
Fixed this one as well.

----------------
I will probably wrap up, compile, and submit the new update this evening to the FTB Third Party Team if no other big issues arise.

chichirinoda

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh, no. I was so happy that IE was added :( I love the mod. IT's not necessarily about which one is better for power generation. That's not the only consideration for everyone. I'm not a big fan of mekanism, and I really enjoy the water wheels and windmills and things for atmosphere. Besides, the IE wires are just nice-looking and fun to play with.

Reactions: lewilson82

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh, no. I was so happy that IE was added :( I love the mod. IT's not necessarily about which one is better for power generation. That's not the only consideration for everyone. I'm not a big fan of mekanism, and I really enjoy the water wheels and windmills and things for atmosphere. Besides, the IE wires are just nice-looking and fun to play with.
I do plan on including IE, but my debate right now is whether it'll be in THIS update or the next update.

I need to do some loading profile times and test runs to see how much delay IE adds. This'll also give me an idea of the current load times of all the other mods, and I haven't done that in a few versions since Loading Profiler wasn't updated till sort of recently.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this pack on and off for a while now and I am enjoying it tremendously. I love the idea of "growing" your own resources once you have reached a certain technology level so you don't need to go exploring for hours mining for a tiny amount of something which is rare (don't get me wrong, I love mining, but only at the start of a pack) and I also love guided progression. In my view, this is a great learning pack (with a sprinkle of long-term goals in the form of the main quest line) for many popular mods and I like seeing a good number of mods being included, even if they do the same things. I don't see this pack as being meant to use a certain path to get to a certain point, but to see which path is to your liking and stick with that, so I disagree with the "this mod should be included/excluded because it does x/y/z better than the other mod" argument - at this point, I think performance optimization should take precedence (of course, only in considering the number/size of the mods being included). I'm the kind of "let's do all the things in this mod" player and I always want more stuff to do. I am very much enjoying @Caigan 's work on this pack and I love the degree of involvement coming from the forum discussion. All in all, great work and I am looking forward to updates.

Reactions: lewilson82

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
In my view, this is a great learning pack (with a sprinkle of long-term goals in the form of the main quest line) for many popular mods and I like seeing a good number of mods being included, even if they do the same things.
And this has been my overall goal with the pack. One part learning, one part sense of progress, one part silliness. =)

And yes, I agree I need to work on performance optomization. Part of what I hope the survey shows after the update is some of the biggest mods (ic2, for example) or a pile of the smaller ones, just aren't really played anymore, and pruning the seldom used mods give way for more interesting ones that are much newer (IE) and less often seen in packs.

Its an interesting balance, as I'd like to have a lot of the popular mods, plus lesser known ones shown off.