Official FTB seed thread.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think structures and events like meteors depend on the seed.
Yeah, i was thinking it probably wasn't seed dependent. Just not really for sure is the reason I posted it. Will never know though if no one else checks, or a authority on the possibility shows up and says.

From what I have seen since then I don't think it is a structure that is generated at world gen. I don't think it was ever a event. When structures are turned off the AE meteors are still appearing on other maps. I don't know what there spawn mechanics are actually. One of them has never spawned in like that, right in front of me.

W

Wolf9478

Not sure if this thread is still active but I've been looking for a Horizons (the original horizons) ATG seed with an endless ocean where you spawn on an island. It doesn't even have to be ATG.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Not sure if this thread is still active but I've been looking for a Horizons (the original horizons) ATG seed with an endless ocean where you spawn on an island. It doesn't even have to be ATG.
It's not dead, just you're the first in a while to actually need a seed. Seems to be how it goes for this thread :p

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Seed: Faceroll the Keyboard
Level Type: Biomes O Plenty
Seed#: 231606460
X: -86 Y: 96 Z: 1030
FTB Infinity Evolved 2.3.5 (no changes to the modpack)

Spawn in a "Origin Valley" Biome.
PURuwWC.png
No clue what is good about it beyond that. Just thought it was worth putting in the thread.

Syrahl

Jul 29, 2019

PURuwWC.png
No clue what is good about it beyond that. Just thought it was worth putting in the thread.
The biome appears to be using Minecraft Classic colours for grass and trees. Neat!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

PURuwWC.png

I love that green

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's essentially a biome in which generation is entirely based off MC classic.
Another thing to note: the grass and trees aren't just biome shaded, they're a modded block that always has that shade of green, so you can move them wherever you want and still have that green. The tree is also rather nice as it's an oak tree that doesn't grow into the huge variety, which is quite useful for non-magic-box treefarms.

Reactions: the_j485

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing to note: the grass and trees aren't just biome shaded, they're a modded block that always has that shade of green, so you can move them wherever you want and still have that green. The tree is also rather nice as it's an oak tree that doesn't grow into the huge variety, which is quite useful for non-magic-box treefarms.
The Origin Grass block is also one of the blocks added by biomes o plenty that can be used as a alternative to farmland. It spread like normal grass as well. So it is easy to make more if someone wanted a lot of it. For say making their own custom biome appearance.

A

A_oNeko

Would anybody have a mountain seed?
Something close to aplified world. I am the kind of person who loves to build homes in mountains so I would really love it! :)
I'm looking for the seed to go with Magic World 2

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
15 starts you on an island in the middle of an ocean, but if you travel south for a bit, you reach GreenHills, a Redwood Forest, and a couple of other very high biomes.

On the other hand, KingTriaxx starts you on a good sized plain, between a Desert and a small Extreme Hills biome, with a village on the other side of the mountain.

M

MrGarretto

I'm not sure if this is normal but this seed is so ridiculous. It gives you pretty much everything you can think of. Massive cliffs, mountains, huge trees, flat plains, oil an abandoned mine close to spawn, and at least 4 villages within 1000 from spawn. You spawn on the side of a cliff that you can jump off of into water and no matter what direction you head in you most likely will run into a village.

Seed: Ripperooney
Seed#: -612171586

• From spawn, heading south around the mountain will lead you to this massive village and everytime I loaded the seed I had at least 1 or 2 meteors crash right next to the village.
  • From spawn, jumping into the water and swimming straight west will lead you to some flatter land. Beyond that you reach more cliffs and other terrain.
  • From spawn, heading north leads you to the double cliff picture in the link below. Before you reach those double cliffs you will reach a walled village although its pretty small and no blacksmith.
That's just a couple things about the map. I'd suggest flying around in creative mode just to see the scenery around spawn. It's all amazing and looks like your in some kind of fantasy world is the best way I could describe it. Also, some of these villages are huge. Note the 3 oil spills right next to each other, those are north right next to the walled village.
Here's the link to some pictures, when it's available that is: http://imgur.com/a/P4G8H

Last edited:

kitharo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a BOP seed on FTB Infinity Evolved with big Islands. Can someone recommend some seeds?

C

CoGDork

Not one of the seeds I have tried from this thread works, no matter what. Hell, I even made sure to eliminate every mod save BoP that could concievably alter worldgen, and still nothing remotely resembling what people describe is generated. I'm using minecraft 1.7.10, BTW.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Ignore my idiocy.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not one of the seeds I have tried from this thread works, no matter what. Hell, I even made sure to eliminate every mod save BoP that could concievably alter worldgen, and still nothing remotely resembling what people describe is generated. I'm using minecraft 1.7.10, BTW.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. Ignore my idiocy.
Sounds like someone did not change the terrain option :p

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Two for Infinity Evolved (2.5.0)

SEED: NoBoP (104991842)
Word Gen: Normal (no BoP duh...)
What do you get?

Spawn near (like within sight near) of a massive mooshroom island biome. Two villages inside the mooshroom area, and another mooshroom biome close by. Why play peaceful when you can just milk cows for food?

SEED: Peacefull (yes two Ls 186975709)
World Gen: BoP
What do you get?

Spawn in a jungle biome with a jungle temple damned near right next to you, and another temple in the same jungle. Haven't explored much more than that :p

Last edited: