Official FTB seed thread.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what? doesn't accept it? Does it actually give you an error or is the seed not what is expected?

When I put in the seed "Peanut" and generate the world is it not anything like what Kaos described. When I do /seed it comes up with a bunch of random numbers.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
When I put in the seed "Peanut" and generate the world is it not anything like what Kaos described. When I do /seed it comes up with a bunch of random numbers.
Seeds which are made up of letters will be converted into numbers upon world generation. It is just how they work.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I found a really good Feed The Beast Monster seed for those who like a fully kitted-out mountain seed.

Terrain generator: Biomes O' Plenty

MAJOR BIOMES IN WALKING DISTANCE OF SPAWN
(I consider walking distance about 600 blocks or less)
Mountain
Coniferous Forest
Sacred Springs
Jungle
Oasis
Desert
Fungi Forest
Volcano

I know that there's one of those Rainbow Tree biomes around somewhere too.

NEAREST VILLAGE
500 blocks east of spawn in the desert biome (you can get there on the first day).
When you reach the first village, there's a second village on the opposite side of the volcano that's nearby.

EXTRA STUFF
A bit of hunting around will score you a few desert temples and a jungle temple, but to avoid spoilers I won't give away the exact locations. I will however say that the desert temples are in Desert biomes (who'da thunk it!) and the jungle temple is in a Bamboo Forest.

SCREENSHOT OF SPAWN
jFcp291.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rotoscope

Rotoscope

Jul 29, 2019
I found a really good Feed The Beast Monster seed for those who like a fully kitted-out mountain seed.

Mountain
Coniferous Forest
Sacred Springs
Jungle
Oasis
Desert
Fungi Forest
Volcano

NEAREST VILLAGE
500 blocks east of spawn in the desert biome (you can get there on the first day).
When you reach the first village, there's a second village on the opposite side of the volcano that's nearby.

EXTRA STUFF
A bit of hunting around will score you a few desert temples and a jungle temple, but to avoid spoilers I won't give away the exact locations. I will however say that the desert temples are in Desert biomes (who'da thunk it!) and the jungle temple is in a Bamboo Forest.

SCREENSHOT OF SPAWN
jFcp291.png

That's awesome. I've never really gone very far in FTB since I've started playing, and I've taken a few months off, but I'm looking to dive into Monster. Great map to do that with mate. Thanks!

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Mountain
Coniferous Forest
Sacred Springs
Jungle
Oasis
Desert
Fungi Forest
Volcano

NEAREST VILLAGE

EXTRA STUFF

SCREENSHOT OF SPAWN
jFcp291.png
Make sure you mention what terrain generator method you used, or the seed would be rather useless. Monster contains 4 different terrain generators and a myriad of combinations depending on if you disable any of the biome mods. I am guessing BoP?

Jul 29, 2019
N-n-n-Necro post!

Jokes aside i want a good seed for the new DW20 Pack. I need to get back into vanilla modded.... Im normal okay?
-Av

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
N-n-n-Necro post!

Jokes aside i want a good seed for the new DW20 Pack. I need to get back into vanilla modded.... Im normal okay?
-Av
Please don't sign your post with the username that is very clearly to the left of the post. It is redundant and annoying.

Besides that, what the heckle does vanilla modded mean, and how the heckle is DW20 vanilla modded?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't sign your post with the username that is very clearly to the left of the post. It is redundant and annoying.

Besides that, what the heckle does vanilla modded mean, and how the heckle is DW20 vanilla modded?
If I had to guess I would say vanilla modded is using a modpack rather than making your own? Not sure.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you mention what terrain generator method you used, or the seed would be rather useless. Monster contains 4 different terrain generators and a myriad of combinations depending on if you disable any of the biome mods. I am guessing BoP?

Yeah just the standard Biomes O' Plenty generator.

Jul 29, 2019

Firstly, dont be so bloody rude thank you, free country, I do it because I can, and Av is better than writing out Avatar if people want to refer to me.
What I mean by vanilla modded is not a challenge map or anything, just plain MC with mods.
-Av

Reactions: AlanEsh

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Mincraft Version: 1.7.10
Pack: Resurrection
Version: 1.0.0
Mods disabled: Journemap, Aroma1997core, Aromabackup
Mods enabled: mobiuscore, opis
Mods added: fastcraft-1.9

Terrain Generation: Default
Seed: My Seed
Seed: -1180407707

Summary: Lots of semi-flat area. Might have to dig a little to find stone. Horses and pumpkins nearby.
Image Coordinates: X:-77 Y:80 Z:216

2014-12-11_233616_zps6485e969.png

Last edited:

Abez10k

Jul 29, 2019
(No Hablo Ingles) Yes that is the seed

Hatpack (v3.3.0) Minecraft version 1.7.10

ATG is the setting

2 massive volcanoes spawned right next to each other right next to spawn, offering a massive amount of early game lava for those who want to start with lava power

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Pack: Direwolf20
Version: 1.0.4
No Mod changes.

Terrain Generation: Biomes O Plenty
Seed: Love
Seed: 2374546

Spawn really close to a Garden Biome. Trees are sparse, can be found though a little way from spawn.

I have been looking for this biome for awhile now. Really like the fact I found it so close to spawn.
2015-02-27_09.01.23_zpsf98hbbh0.png

Last edited:

Curious1

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Farm 2
Minecraft 1.6.4
Biomes O Plenty
-- I disabled Thaumcraft and ThaumicTinkerer

seed: Evening Star or -761021654

Spawn in Plains biome next to a village with blacksmith, apiarist, mystcraft, tavern and cemetary. To the northwest of spawn is a large Cherry Blossom Grove, clockwise around this are Jungle, Woodland, Shield, Taiga and Sacred Springs biomes. There is another village in the Shield biome at -476 +70 +229 with tinkers hut, library and tavern. To the east of spawn is a large Jungle biome, at +631 +79 +101 is a jungle temple. Beyond the Jungle are Woodland, Desert and Taiga biomes. Nearly all biomes have gravel beaches.

Pickypicky

Jul 29, 2019
FTB 1.7, 1.5.1 - singleplayer
[Someone pointed out that I left out crucial details: I'm playing FTB Infinity***]
BoP on, towns etc. on, seed (Superman) (with the parentheses).
Actual seed is -1893724990 (yes, negative).
Gamemode: creative (not sure if this makes a difference).
It says cheats are on, although I didn't deliberately select this and don't know how to turn it off.
Spawned at -349, 1009.

Surrounding spawn: tons of desert and oil with some oases (didn't know these existed - I haven't been playing FTB for very long), lots of outback (ditto), "lush desert" (ditto), a bamboo forest, a big coral reef just offshore from one beach - no, at least two, in totally different locations. Some "dry river" areas but plenty of water. Savanna (with plateaus).

... a town that would be perfect in Indiana Jones, with a meteorite on the edge of a hill above it... [see pic - I uploaded this one in place of the pic of the outback town by the volcano]

Wasteland(!) with brackish blue and green pools, possibly poisonous, but with jungle trees at one edge. Woodland next to that with high canyon/mountain on one side - looks almost exactly like part of Colorado that we went to last summer, outside of Boulder [see pic -Lily Lake, that was it! The view of the mountain(s) behind the parking lot, as seen from the trail around the lake - this: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...0D_KvUKE/w956-h718-no/IMG_20140824_161634.jpg - or maybe Lily Ridge, seen from partway around the lake, http://colorado-lifestyle.blogspot.com/2013/07/lily-lake.html ]. Look down in this spot (where the woodland gets to the base of the canyon/mountain) and there's a ravine with a mineshaft, a lavafall, and a green flow of ?water? falling into it. Deciduous forest just the other side of "Boulder", adjacent to one end of the wasteland.

There's a big town in part of the outback near spawn, a desert town also near spawn that's right by a meteorite that's in lava AND oil, a volcano that's partly cut off by a biome change near that town, half of a hobgoblin hut at another biome border, a large desert town right by a high canyon wall and some scrubland and trees...

Eldritch temple (or whatever it's called) on a twilight glacier next to a lavafall. With penguins. Orchard and birch forest not far from there.

Also near spawn: the junction of a desert, a birch forest, and a steppe (which has another lopped-off volcano). There's a huge (double?) town here - the one well I've located is partly within a building.

There were waves on the beach near piggies in one spot when I first got there, though I didn't see more after that. Waves. When did they add waves to Minecraft or FTB?

*** When I tried the same seed (the numeric one) on the _1395.jar, for my Ubuntu server, the spawn, towns, slime islands, and volcanoes seemed to be in the same spots but some of the weirdness was missing or different - like the lava-and-oil meteorite was just an oil slick; the tall building in one town wasn't there and that town had a different layout and now had a wall around it; volcano near that town had a different shape and spread entirely but was still cut off by biome changes. On the server, the penguins, lava, and twilight glacier were in the same spot but instead of the eldritch altar there was a meteorite. Still interesting, but I was hoping for some of the very weird specific bits to stay. Instead, there are new weird bits - one of the double towns with a messed-up well now has a "Burning Man" (not sure what they're actually called - the yellow hay structures) next to it.

Attachments

• 2015-05-12_14.03.50.png
    2015-05-12_14.03.50.png
    2 MB · Views: 197
  • 2015-05-12_13.45.48.png
    2015-05-12_13.45.48.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
Last edited: