[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Does the block breaker you're using have a cool down?
Yeah, a few ticks. It doesn't matter. You can literally sit there and break the top of an industrial hemp plant by hand and it will grow back in less than a second, often before you can swing a second time.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of the tardis. if you want to get outside the tardis, grow a rainbow tree from chromaticraft and your out.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
speaking of the tardis. if you want to get outside the tardis, grow a rainbow tree from chromaticraft and your out.

Really? How so?

That's Torcherino fast. I like it. Wonder if Open Computers Drones are quick enough for the task?

I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if it matters. You'd need 1 squeezer per 2 plants. Which is, btw, more than enough biodiesel to run pretty much 20 Enderium Turbines in an Advanced Generator, or 10k RF. Seriously.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Interesting. Thing is, you've got to have something fast enough to harvest it to get it into the squeezer. I'm thinking something that breaks both every half-second and dumps into the squeezer. Possibly set in the valley between two them and above a melon. That dumping into a wireless block thing, or some other sorting mechanism.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
EBXL's Redwoods used to do that as well. I grew one too close to my base back in Ultimate, and had to chop it down and replace the blocks it'd broken. (RP2 Basalt and Xycraft Glass Viewers)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
its the same way players would use dark oak trees to break the bedrock in the nether. because the tree grows down and creates dirt and wood, it overrides the unbreakable tardis blocks and replaces them with dirt and wood on the floor, and wood/leaves can replace the walkways and glass on top. http://imgur.com/5uugzsQ
Ah,that would do it. Well, a problem, but not *that* big of one, I guess.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Also, damn it, sawdust is now uncraftable as of the last update. It *used* to come from the IE Crusher but that has stopped working. Not necessarily an issue....except you need it for the ZI Big Batteries. Minetweakering that back, as well as re-enabling the TE sawmill.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Good. I like the Sawmill. Still haven't gotten around to building a Crusher, though I just finished hooking up an AE system. I think I'll go with the Magneticraft Ore Tripling. ET is too slow for the Excavator, plus I'm running out of Quicklime. I'm thinking I might try using Logistic's Drones to automate it, since they can sort the results on their own.

Probably going to use a Steam Oven to smelt the end results. It's got the capacity and most of the speed necessary.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
So, started to try out the modpack (tried to find a nice one with some new mods I don't know yet), looks really nice so far.

But of course I directly come with a question for the people who are more knowledgeable in matter overdrive:
While digging out my lil mineshaft in direction to bedrock, I stumbled over one of these mini-blackholes (of course I always stumble over stuff when I make a 'proper' way down and not just a long ladder-shaft for mining-level-shafts :( ).

Now I wonder:
- Can you somehow move them or can you only use them where they are?
(What I found while trying to figure out what I actually found there - "like a hungry node", ugh I hate hungry nodes! - I only saw people saying the teleposer of blood magic. Is that the only way?)
- If it comes to the worst and it tries to eat my mineshaft (in case I don't just decide to dig a second one... which I maybe will do) or worse it tries to eat 'me': Can you actually destroy these things?
(another thing I found no answer while looking around for infos)

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Is it the incredibly noisy static sounding thing? If so, that's an Essentialcraft Node. It can be moved, but it requires a bit of investment, or some patience. You can't see it with the Tier 1 mover thing, so you have to swap back and forth with another piece of gear. The Tier 2 mover lets you see it, but it's naturally a bit of a distance into the mod.

If it's just a huge black thing in the path, it's a Chromaticraft hole thing, and if you dig all the way around it, you'll eventually find an entrance. The blocks are indestructible for the most part, but it's got lots of CC loot.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it the incredibly noisy static sounding thing? If so, that's an Essentialcraft Node. It can be moved, but it requires a bit of investment, or some patience. You can't see it with the Tier 1 mover thing, so you have to swap back and forth with another piece of gear. The Tier 2 mover lets you see it, but it's naturally a bit of a distance into the mod.

If it's just a huge black thing in the path, it's a Chromaticraft hole thing, and if you dig all the way around it, you'll eventually find an entrance. The blocks are indestructible for the most part, but it's got lots of CC loot.

Ah no I mean these "gravitation anomaly" of the matter overdrive mod. The ones you need to make a fusion-reactor of the mod (why I try to not destroy it unless it gives me no other choice).
While searching for it's use/how to handle it... I saw just how big they can become once they start eating the matter around them, so I worry about the lil vanilla-village which is not that far away from it. :/
Trying to hurry to build one of these stabilizers from the mod, but they seem to be already high-tech and I'm still at the very very beginning (not even found diamonds or redstone yet) and some recipes seems to be inmod-recipes which I have no clue about yet ^^"

maybe I should just try to move the village a bit... but I never was good in these vanilla-mechanics what you need to do so the villagers accept the new place as their new village ^^"

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
It will only grow if it eats blocks. If you can clear enough blocks around it it won't grow.

Ah, thank you alot for this hint :)
This will help until I found a way to better work with it or resettle the villagers. *goes back to mechanic-learning*

@KingTriaxx
Ah well, I only cheat in worst cases (mainly when there is a bug of blocks getting destroyed instead of dropped like they should or so, or something like that).
So that is no solution for me ^^

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I basically place the thing, then toss out it's equivalent in materials, so when I can legally build it, it's already been built. More or less.