[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is your modpack stable enough to be put on a server ?

I mean it is in alpha stage, is world reset could append in the future ?

I love your idea to make a multiplayer map.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Is your modpack stable enough to be put on a server ?

I mean it is in alpha stage, is world reset could append in the future ?

I love your idea to make a multiplayer map.
With update 0.2.4, there is only one POI left to add to world gen (there is a place holder there now) and then I'll be working on the server pack. I'd say that at this point there is really nothing major I plan to change. There will be some changes to flans (going to strip it down to just the guns I use in the quest and then tweak them out and make specific and better enhancements for each weapon).

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the recent changes to world gen, namely the addition of the pigmen cities and villages has caused an issue with block lag and rubber banding while trying to explore new areas. This also effects the time it takes to start a new map. I apologize if that has put anyone off playing the pack, but it is an unfortunate side effect for now if we want to keep pigmen only spawning in those villages instead of any old place (like inside your base). I think that the villages also make the landscape 10 time more interesting.

For now I plan to add a tool to the pack that will allow you to pre-generate a large section of the world so when you do explore you will not get the generation lag.

I'll look into optimizing the village generation and see if there is something I could do to improve the time it takes to generate them.

What tool was you going to add to pre-generate a large section of the world? I wanted to start over, but would like to gen more of the world first.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

Ha!! I typed //pregenspawn 100,,,, and now its loading 40,000 chunks...lol I have know the chunk vs number thing works.. that's ok.. 40,000 seems like a good place to start.

Update.lol [16:19:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Generated 10000 / 40000 chunks [ 25.00% ]
Update2. [17:04:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Pregen : 40401 chunks done in 67.10 minutes

This worries me.. It popped up a lot!
[16:45:54] [Server thread/WARN]: Did not find fitting component for maze!
[16:45:54] [Server thread/WARN]: Suggested: X with exits [([4, 3, 5],[4, 4, 5])=Path, ([4, 2, 5],[4, 3, 5])=Wall, ([4, 3, 5],[5, 3, 5])=Wall]
[16:48:18] [Server thread/WARN]: Did not find fitting component for maze!

Landstryder, what is the Maze?

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Holy Chunk-A-Moly! :eek:

Yeah, I wanted to stop it, but I figured I can make dinner and it might be at 50% when I'm done. I will say watching the console(MultiMC) it has showed me where a Catacomb was gened.lol

They must be really rare, because there is only one in the last 11,000 chunks so far.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
This morning I've a new world withe the latest version of the pack (0.2.4) and some weird things append.

My first try finish after a zombie popped from my gravestone inside my house (a skeleton shoot me trough an open window).

I run out of life and the world is deleted but when it append the game crash.

Same thing append when I try to create an other world.

I finally create a world and fun thing append.

Near spawn I've two Pam's bush and few block away I've a tiny band of grass.

I punch the grass and.. I was attacked by a block of dirt!

I'm at work now and I put picture of the thing later.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tim!

Jul 29, 2019
My first try finish after a zombie popped from my gravestone inside my house (a skeleton shoot me trough an open window).

Even prior to the latest update, there is a change of a zombie spawning when you break your gravestone to retrieve your gear, always best to come prepared with a weapon or some armor.

When you use something other than a shovel or "scoop" dark pick, there is a chance the block of dirt/grass can become a hostile mod, something "knight" i think (an ender zoo mob). It has low hp acts like a slime. Bummer is that it destroys the dirt when you kill it.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
This morning I've a new world withe the latest version of the pack (0.2.4) and some weird things append.

I run out of life and the world is deleted but when it append the game crash.

Same thing append when I try to create an other world.

I finally create a world and fun thing append.

I'm at work now and I put picture of the thing later.

Yep, like Tim said there has always been a chance for your grave to spawn an undead.
Game crashing when running out of lives has been an issue with HQM for some time, but I was hoping since it was updated that would have been resolved... guess not
Sounds like you had a fluke world gen, it has happened to me once or twice but I've not been able to pin down the cause.
The dirt blocks attacking is something I encountered recently as well, I think it has always been there but since there is not suppose to be grass blocks I just never encountered them before. I only had one spawn after I created a village and broke a few of the grass blocks from when it generated.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
OK folks I'm aware of some NEI bugs with it not showing some Forestry recipes in the 0.2.4 update....
I've reverted the necessary mods to fix it and will be submitting 0.2.5 as a hotfix.
For now the recipes all still work (if you know them or can remember them) but they are just not showing up in NEI.

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
So... just started out with this pack and not having too many issues. Just have one really stupid question what is causing the very annoying some sort of bug stung you fatigue deal? I would like to eliminate the problem but I cant seem to find a cause or a cure..... please explain.

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nevermind- I was looking for a hive on the surface- I see it would be a rocky hive underground the surface of the obsidian which I cannot break. LOL well at least I can just move away from the area then!

Tim!

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nevermind- I was looking for a hive on the surface- I see it would be a rocky hive underground the surface of the obsidian which I cannot break. LOL well at least I can just move away from the area then!

The only ones you will need to look for are the rocky hives and water hives. The rocky are pretty common, just gotta dig around to find them. Its like hot and cold, when your near its stinging, when your really close its swarming. get a scoop! :cool:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, like Tim said there has always been a chance for your grave to spawn an undead.
Game crashing when running out of lives has been an issue with HQM for some time, but I was hoping since it was updated that would have been resolved... guess not Sounds like you had a fluke world gen, it has happened to me once or twice but I've not been able to pin down the cause.
The dirt blocks attacking is something I encountered recently as well, I think it has always been there but since there is not suppose to be grass blocks I just never encountered them before. I only had one spawn after I created a village and broke a few of the grass blocks from when it generated.
I know the gravestone thing but what about if all your weapon are inside gravestone ?

Well I've a lucky seed :p

The dirt thing is funny (not so difficult one or two shot from laser riffle to take down).

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I know the gravestone thing but what about if all your weapon are inside gravestone ?

Well I've a lucky seed :p

The dirt thing is funny (not so difficult one or two shot from laser riffle to take down).

Haha, I was playing another pack that those crazy dirt things popped up and you need to watch out because some grow as there being hit! They actually hit like trucks too.lol

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, I was playing another pack that those crazy dirt things popped up and you need to watch out because some grow as there being hit! They actually hit like trucks too.lol
The first is same proportions as a block and die quickly, second grow one time and die after two shot.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, aren't they irritating? I've actually removed EnderZoo from my personal modpack, simply because of those dirt-slimes. Not because they were hard to kill (My primary weapon in that pack--A Tinkers' crossbow--deals over 60 hearts of damage per shot), but because it's just annoying to have a bunch of dirt blocks spontaneously turn into weird slime things when I break them.

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, you have made a wonderfull pack. I really enjoy it. I have a question tho. The workbench you have to make in chapter one, which one is it? because i cant compleet it with the biblio one and the flan's mod ones look like fire and i cant make them (In NEI).

Edit: Also my sanity and... the other one (The two on the right down corner (the eye and the bubbles)) They dont go down at all. Never. Is this intended? Thirst and temperature do work fine.

Last edited: