[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I would say it is well worth your time to get the most U238 out of the uraninite. Aluminium dust can be obtained from electrolysing clay, and clay can be alchemically duplicated. This makes the chemical reactor recipe a very cheap way of getting more uranium.

40 MEU isn't very much at higher voltages. A single stack of tungstensteel costs about 100MEU. At IV, 1A delivers 40MEU in just 4 minutes.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at some changelogs for forestry, think those upgrades are for squeezer and centrifuge which presumably have slots for circuit boards now. The Carpenter doesn't. I'm still working on those blocks, btw. The regular farm blocks are done, still have 2 of the special blocks to push through the carpenter.

Ended up throwing all my bronze age stuff into the pulverizer today, thought I was gonna cry there for a second.

How rare/important is uranium? Should I be pushing uraninite dust through a chemical reactor with aluminum/magnesium to get more uranium than if I just electrolyzed it? I have one basic reactor up just to dip my toe in but haven't used the 40 million EU it produced with the first set of fuel. Guess I'll head towards MOX and maybe make some RTGs before they get more expensive lol.
If you plan to breed every bee there ever was with Gendustry, then I'd say put the uranite in the chemical reactor so you have a chance to make enough mutagen. Otherwise, just electrolyze it.

My TODO list is so long, but I guess that's good:
  • Redo my bee factory in preparation for 3.1.16 (alvearies can't be against walls in Forestry 4.0) and also bring all bee product into a central area and feed it into my new Processing Array with 16 centrifuges in it just dedicated to bee combs :)
  • Build a stable MOX reactor
  • Build a pile of RTG generators
  • Connect my mob farm to my AE2 system as a subnetwork so I can more easily control what gets turned into essentia, but still access all the goodies in the mob farm storage wall.
  • Move and energize some of my ridiculous nodes
  • Finish my GraviSuit (after 3.1.16 I guess, can't craft the cooling cells today)
  • Go to the Outer Lands
  • Build Advanced Alchemical Furnaces
  • Make a drum of Liquid Death. Automate blaze and wisp mob farms with it.
  • Lay out a fully automated end-to-end GT ore processing setup running off of all HV+ machines that can get the best output from any ore input to it
  • Bigger, better, faster, ender quarry that is far, far away from civilization.
  • Build a liquid cooled Thorium reactor
  • Fusion
  • Go to the Moon, Mars, Asteroids, etc.
  • Build an elaborate castle out of sky stone, in the sky.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have tons of aluminum already so going the chemical reactor route is simple enough. Pleasantly surprised that a 6-pellet RTG is powering a forestry multifarm that is producing sticky resin/chestnuts. Maybe it will struggle once the chestnuts start maturing in groups.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been solved, and I just haven't updated in a while, but I get two different kinds of ruby. There is 5630:8502 and 5630:8512.

Only the :8502 ruby creates :8502 ruby dust (which is the one needed in all recipes). The :8512 ruby makes :*12 items, which can be crafted back into the original ruby, but never into the :*12 chain of items.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been solved, and I just haven't updated in a while, but I get two different kinds of ruby. There is 5630:8502 and 5630:8512.

Only the :8502 ruby creates :8502 ruby dust (which is the one needed in all recipes). The :8512 ruby makes :*12 items, which can be crafted back into the original ruby, but never into the :*12 chain of items.
That is intended. One is "Fools Ruby". Looking identically, but useless. You should not optain it without another mod that adds it, but i might annoy you a bit in NEI.

Reactions: asb3pe

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
That is intended. One is "Fools Ruby". Looking identically, but useless. You should not optain it without another mod that adds it, but i might annoy you a bit in NEI.

I see. Unfortunately I'm using an unmodified Infitech 3.1.7 and I've been getting it over the course of my playthrough. I got some ages ago, and I threw it away. I have just set up automated ore processing, and I have ended up with a bunch more. Unfortunately I cannot say which processing step it came from. It may be that I have been getting it from small ores, as I don't have very much comparatively, and if even one small dust side processing step was giving it, I would expect more.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
This is the most stable modpack I've ever played. Haven't had a single during-game crash. Only one intermittent ticking crash on load which disappeared upon reload. Good job.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to temporary turn on Infinite Water again ? I just finished profiling my friends server, and well block.flowing is eating the whole server thread lol

(Just want to turn it on to fix the problem, with 20 people on the server he say's it's unplayable)

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
This is the most stable modpack I've ever played. Haven't had a single during-game crash. Only one intermittent ticking crash on load which disappeared upon reload. Good job.

Funny you should mention stability. I just encountered a server crash from a recently constructed thaumcraft device. Warning for everyone : don't construct the pylon that auto fills your flight harness.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to temporary turn on Infinite Water again ? I just finished profiling my friends server, and well block.flowing is eating the whole server thread lol

(Just want to turn it on to fix the problem, with 20 people on the server he say's it's unplayable)

Was this ever taken into consideration when the decision was made to turn off infinite water? I mean, we have entire mods based on items that are intended to prevent people from making flowing lava in the nether via pumps... and it would seem the potential for water causing this sort of server lag is FAR greater than lava (because there is far more water than lava in the world).

I certainly understand the reasoning behind the decision (all resources should be scarce), however, with the Railcraft Water Tanks and the Ender IO Reservoir, is there really any point to not having infinite water and causing the sort of lag this poster is describing? It is extremely easy to cause flowing water and not very easy to remedy (it takes a lot of manual labor which nobody except dummies like me would ever attempt LOL but I can't stand seeing flowing water blocks on a flat surface. It just bothers me.)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

It's always been this way in GT5, it's not the modpack or a bug. As Blood Asp said, just think of the 8502 as "Fool's Ruby" (that's a good one!).

And I think you might have it backwards (or maybe I do? don't have my game loaded) - the 8512 is the one you need to make Energium Dust, which is one of the key components to higher-tier IC2 items. In my base, I think I have about 25 stacks of "8512" ruby dust from centrifuging, and perhaps 15 pieces of the "8502" Fool's Ruby. So I have plenty of the one I need and not very much of the one I don't. It works out just fine.

For the record, this has always bothered me - why have the same item name and icon for two different things, and force players to differentiate solely on the meta-data? That's an odd way to handle it IMO. Call one "Ruby Dust" and call the other one "Ruby Dust (depleted)" or something like that.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Was this ever taken into consideration when the decision was made to turn off infinite water? I mean, we have entire mods based on items that are intended to prevent people from making flowing lava in the nether via pumps... and it would seem the potential for water causing this sort of server lag is FAR greater than lava (because there is far more water than lava in the world).

Actually there is/was? a double-whammy with lava. It isn't just the flowing blocks it is the lighting updates.

In my experience with water it isn't flowing water that is the problem, it is when you make large changes to a system of water that significantly increases/decrease the amount of flowing water.

For example: It used to be a good idea to put some source blocks of water at the top of your BC Quarry hole. These would flow down as the quarry dug, eventually filling the hole and turning all lava into obsidian so the quarry could remove it. That flowing water didn't cause any real lag UNTIL you tried to remove it. Removing the source blocks at the top triggers a massive amount of block updates.

As far as limited water and servers go I think it is a matter of educating your players if you're having water block update TPS issues. I think this is important for any mod pack and server community, regardless of how it is configured.

In other news I setup a 7x7 node-bullying cube with the node I want to grow in the center and 8 at the corners. Is there a minimum size I need this node to grow to before it being effective for cv? I don't want to energize it and then find out down the road the node wasn't ready. With it being square root I'm thinking that 36 of each primary aspect is "enough". I'm going to bring in a few more nodes with compound aspects to beef this one up but once the primaries hit 36 I might energize it.

00ih5xZ.jpg

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
About not infinite water... Reason it is this way is that I dont personaly like to have 2x2 water pool inside my base and constantly taking the water from it. If anyone else want to get the infinite water back, I have nothing against it, its your decision.

To enable the infinite water it is under CodeChickenCore.cfg: finiteWater=true/false (https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/CodeChickenCore.cfg#L16). Change it to false and there you go.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you should mention stability. I just encountered a server crash from a recently constructed thaumcraft device. Warning for everyone : don't construct the pylon that auto fills your flight harness.

Thaumostatic Spire? I've been using it for months without any problems. Other players using it on our server also didn't have issues.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumostatic Spire? I've been using it for months without any problems. Other players using it on our server also didn't have issues.

Huh. I dunno, then. I'll post the crash log when I get home. Perhaps someone can spot the problem. I had a 5-pylon spire hooked up to a potentia jar that had an essentia export bus attached to it. The spire was running fine until it topped me off. Then the server died. I recall seeing overflow exceptions in the log.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, so i have a question. I found a vanilla redstone ore cluster and... what? How it was generated? It's possible in this modpack? I'm sure that i didn't change cfg files and that GT parameter DisableVanillaOres is "true". It's normally? InfiTech v.3.1.14
And a mini question. Everywhere TC's ambers, it does not bother anyone?
Thanx for answer(s) in advance.

V3R0S

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, so i have a question. I found a vanilla redstone ore cluster and... what? How it was generated? It's possible in this modpack? I'm sure that i didn't change cfg files and that GT parameter DisableVanillaOres is "true". It's normally? InfiTech v.3.1.14
And a mini question. Everywhere TC's ambers, it does not bother anyone?
Thanx for answer(s) in advance.
There is a Beehive Inside, you also find vanilla netherquartz clusters with a hive inside in the Nether

Last edited:
Reactions: Techlone

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
If you plan to breed every bee there ever was with Gendustry, then I'd say put the uranite in the chemical reactor so you have a chance to make enough mutagen. Otherwise, just electrolyze it.

My TODO list is so long, but I guess that's good:
  • Redo my bee factory in preparation for 3.1.16 (alvearies can't be against walls in Forestry 4.0) and also bring all bee product into a central area and feed it into my new Processing Array with 16 centrifuges in it just dedicated to bee combs :)
  • Build a stable MOX reactor
  • Build a pile of RTG generators
  • Connect my mob farm to my AE2 system as a subnetwork so I can more easily control what gets turned into essentia, but still access all the goodies in the mob farm storage wall.
  • Move and energize some of my ridiculous nodes
  • Finish my GraviSuit (after 3.1.16 I guess, can't craft the cooling cells today)
  • Go to the Outer Lands
  • Build Advanced Alchemical Furnaces
  • Make a drum of Liquid Death. Automate blaze and wisp mob farms with it.
  • Lay out a fully automated end-to-end GT ore processing setup running off of all HV+ machines that can get the best output from any ore input to it
  • Bigger, better, faster, ender quarry that is far, far away from civilization.
  • Build a liquid cooled Thorium reactor
  • Fusion
  • Go to the Moon, Mars, Asteroids, etc.
  • Build an elaborate castle out of sky stone, in the sky.

Yeah, the processing array is great for processing combs. I've got the Thaumic shard bee shards from 4 thaumic shard bees feeding the bee processing stack so it's self sufficient. All combs into processing array, shards into chest buffers that feed the bee processing magic converters, tiny dust into an item filter that feeds into a packager,copper dust into arc furnace, naquadah dust round robin into a pair of centrifuges, enriched naquadah dust into a canning machine. The enruched naquadah cells are auto exported into my mk 3 reactor that supports my iv machine stacks. So nice to have everything fully self sufficient!

KpoxaPy

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, guys. Want to say big thank you to packcreator. This pack is very nice to challenge my patience =)

But i have one problem with ExtraCells mod and one dupe bug to report. Firstly, I really wanna use ExtraCells, despite of dup bugs (i don't really want to use them and hope that i can use mod without unwanted duping). But when i've DLed mod and run minecraft, i saw that recipes. Easier and looking other than pack's AE2 recipes. I know, that you had this mod in your pack some time ago, but had to delete it. Is there EC recipe changes script for pack or I have to do it myself?

So, about dupe bug. It's about using stack of drums from Extra Utilities with RailCraft tanks. Just simple right-clicked stack of drums (N items) on railcraft tank (oil, or creosote, i've tested) generates another stack of drums (N items) each with 5000L of liquid. BUT initiate stack becomes just N-1 drums. So it's N-1 addition of drums and N*5000L of fluid. Really hope, that you will not delete EU mod from pack! =P

Sorry for my english, eh =)