[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, IC2 Biomass to Biogas. And I'm powering multiple EV machines with it. Lots of them in fact :) I keep my methane from processing Rubber tree logs into carbon though in case my biogas production messes up somehow (or I have a 3 story tall explosion crater in the side of my base) and I need some fuel temporarily to get back running again.

Also, along the something for free line of thinking I've turned a cursed earth spawner into metal triplication for just about every type of metal in use prior to aluminum. I've made countless gold, antimony, and battery allow ingots from the metallum essential generated by my cursed earth spawner and iron golem farm. Plus now with AE2, it's all automated so anytime I'm running low on antimony, gold, nether quartz (made out of thin air from cobble->sand->glass, water, and basically free charcoal that I have 9000 stacks of), etc the system will just make more. :)

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain where Sliderpro is going with this line of discussion, but from what I've observed, it seems that minecraft modpacks vary wildly in the experience offered. He seems to have a preference for modpacks where everything has an ongoing price in terms of time and effort, and where there are no self-perpetuating processes that should be possible. I can respect that preference, even though it's not mine. Are there any modpacks that offer that sort of experience for him? Perhaps he can be pointed in the right direction?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Oh God, there we go again.. bee-talk.

I've been through this many times, and from what I observed the people that call bees OP usually don't know much about them, nor have they tried them enough to be able to give a valid opinion.
I've been doing bees many times, in many modpacks. This modpack made bees harder than any I played before. Gendustry requires quite a bit of EU and to run, mutagen is expensive and machines require a lot of aluminium, as well as other stuff.

Also, you could say IC2 crops are OP, UU-matter is OP, treefarms are OP, vegetable farms are OP. Bees aren't even fast, unless you use dozens of alvearies or ind. apiaries for each species, which means hundreds in total. GL with that.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain where Sliderpro is going with this line of discussion, but from what I've observed, it seems that minecraft modpacks vary wildly in the experience offered. He seems to have a preference for modpacks where everything has an ongoing price in terms of time and effort, and where there are no self-perpetuating processes that should be possible. I can respect that preference, even though it's not mine. Are there any modpacks that offer that sort of experience for him? Perhaps he can be pointed in the right direction?

I believe I am at the right place. Thanks for a suggestion though.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Oh God, there we go again.. bee-talk.

I've been through this many times, and from what I observed the people that call bees OP usually don't know much about them, nor have they tried them enough to be able to give a valid opinion.
I've been doing bees many times, in many modpacks. This modpack made bees harder than any I played before. Gendustry requires quite a bit of EU and to run, mutagen is expensive and machines require a lot of aluminium, as well as other stuff.

Also, you could say IC2 crops are OP, UU-matter is OP, treefarms are OP, vegetable farms are OP. Bees aren't even fast, unless you use dozens of alvearies or ind. apiaries for each species, which means hundreds in total. GL with that.

Im glad that you're ok with sharing your feelings and thoughts on people like me, who usually know nothing, not even tried and whatever you said above, but my guess is that people like me create ideas for things like in ic2, BC, GT and experts like you usually try to overtroll with their "massive" experience not far from zero mark. So, well, thanks for your hardtry above, but I d appreciate you not making future 0-sence 0-productive personal-targeted comments.
So let you know, most of the great tech-mods\addons\modpacks were created in such a way that author either wanted to expand what is presently avaliable or didnt like something which already existed. I hope that parallel is clear as the reason why I just dont ignore and keep to myself.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

Feels easy compared to the alpha of Genetics. Think I ran into that in Wanderlust Reloaded maybe. Everything was high power, glacially slow, and steps upon steps upon steps to not even be able to do what you used to be able to do with Binnies in the past.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I believe I am at the right place. Thanks for a suggestion though.
Didn't make a suggestion. Was calling for some from others, however. I don't imagine you're alone in what you're looking for in a modpack--a super hardcore experience that doesn't give you anything for free. Sounds like maybe gregtech with far fewer other mods than what infitech 2 supplies, or at least with all the recipes that give you access to the mats-from-nothing infrastructure removed. But I dunno. Haven't played too many modpacks.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about Waila and a Railcraft tank at least one version of the pack Waila and Railcraft weren't in perfect sync. If you're talking a tank you know was full of steam but isn't after a reload maybe it isn't forming because you have an unwelcome visitor in the form of an enderman inside the tank(happened to me).

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it was Waila issue.. Thanks.
Also, is there some way of automating the flour -> dough recepie without electricity? Or any kind of liquid-based recipes?

Last edited:

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
okay. I tried harvesting 2-block high flax for string with holding r-click and server "stopped responding".Unable to shoot, unable too eat, open canvas bags. Server Console didn't show anything weird, said something about packages, I believe.

So just dont r-click harvest

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The carpenter recipe for farm blocks is so sloooooOoOooOOooOoooOOw. If I were just making one of them no big deal but it is going to take hours for it to make 36. WAILA says it has a full RF buffer so it isn't a power issue.

V3R0S

Jul 29, 2019
Also, along the something for free line of thinking I've turned a cursed earth spawner into metal triplication for just about every type of metal in use prior to aluminum.

That sounds interesting. how do you do this? I am searching for an alternative of my Laggie mana bean farm.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
You can now upgrade forestry machines. But no idea how exactly that works, but at last some can accept circuits.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
amount of steam it generates is so laughable, that it can be used only in the beggining.
LOL, I maked a roof with 33 solar boilers, and it generates almost 200 mB/t of steam! This is enough for permanent generation of MV, but it devoured mountain of clay medium size, trolley with ores and silver, looted for 6 hours (not fortunate enough to find galena). Not much, but not in the beginning.
It's not OP 'cause boilers works ~8 of 20 minutes in minecraft-day if you aren't sleep, but it much easier than runnin' from coke ovens to boilers and manually putting lumps of coal. All in all, reusable source of power never was an OP because of it never were cheap. 320 eu/t from RTG pellet (10 gens with 6 pellets) costs 3200 iron and 3 stacks of Pu, apart transformers and battery buffers. Methane station for same energy profit is even more expensive and also good lag source.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
but it much easier than runnin' from coke ovens to boilers and manually putting lumps of coal.
Um I run couple of "empty" golems for this one, sitting on 64 stacks of coal in a JABBA, which is filled by other fill golem from 8 coke ovens.
Which, again, are filled by a couple of golems by some trees, which are chopped & planted by (obviously) little bastards.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at some changelogs for forestry, think those upgrades are for squeezer and centrifuge which presumably have slots for circuit boards now. The Carpenter doesn't. I'm still working on those blocks, btw. The regular farm blocks are done, still have 2 of the special blocks to push through the carpenter.

Ended up throwing all my bronze age stuff into the pulverizer today, thought I was gonna cry there for a second.

How rare/important is uranium? Should I be pushing uraninite dust through a chemical reactor with aluminum/magnesium to get more uranium than if I just electrolyzed it? I have one basic reactor up just to dip my toe in but haven't used the 40 million EU it produced with the first set of fuel. Guess I'll head towards MOX and maybe make some RTGs before they get more expensive lol.