[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
So, the question. I can "merge"\feed nodes to eachother and the questions are:
1) If I feed a node to another and that other will COMPLETELY drain and destroy lesser node - wil bigger node get any power-up for that? Like frag-count or something. Or should I simply feed-rest-feed bigger node until I am satisfied?
2) Why would I need to make bigger nodes? Wand charging and that CV thing? I see there is no way
to use that CV other than using it in the thaumcraft machines, mo conversion to stuff like GT right? So it is basically a speed-up energy and thats about it? And wand charging, as I see it, can be done by just stacking 5-10 nodes with active stabilisers and pedestall and never worry about wand\skep\staff vis anymore.
So again - whats the point of merging nodes, except for increasing aspect count for bigger CV rate and for "just having a m-f big node"?
3) how can I use liquid complex aspects? should I break them into basic components or what? they seem kinda useless
4) can I somehow use liquid aspects to copy something? I see that I can duplicate gunpowder-like things by crystylising liquid aspects and throwing them into crusible, but anything more complex? + btw, can I use CV for crusible recepies or stuff like that? it says its unlimited so I wonder if I can duplicate something with it :)

1: Don't feed nodes so that they are destroyed, and don't bother turning stabilisers on/off either. Place your node to be fed on an advanced stabiliser in the centre of a 7x7x7 cube, and then place 8 nodes at the 8 corners of that cube. The 8 nodes will all be equally drained, allowing them to recover between feedings and allowing the central node to feed from them forever.

2: A thaumcraft machine can only draw from one node at a time. This means that having 10 nodes prodicing 1cv is the same as just having a single 1cv node if what you want to do is recharge your wand in a table. To get a single thaumcraft machine to work faster you need a single bigger node.

3: Use them in an alchemical construct. You can pipe in liquid essential and produce items continuously, rather than having to make a mess continually filling and emptying crucibles manually. This also makes crystallising essentia unnecessary.

4: You can alchemically duplicate quite a few things, but you need liquid essentia, not vis (which the nodes produce) to do that.

Reactions: Sliderpro

V3R0S

Jul 29, 2019
Hi just started playing minecraft abaut 2 weeks ago, and i must say this pack is awesome.

3,4.) something like this is possible, just make shure to use enough Essentia Buffer.

Attachments

• 2015-10-23_16.14.46.png
    2015-10-23_16.14.46.png
    2 MB · Views: 55

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, about the bees. When is the rational era to start breeding bees? LV? Steam?
I suppose, I only can get bees stuff starting from MV era.. But I can breed em earlier. Never done this yet tho.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, about the bees. When is the rational era to start breeding bees? LV? Steam?
I suppose, I only can get bees stuff starting from MV era.. But I can breed em earlier. Never done this yet tho.

I started in hv, but now that I know what I'm doing, on subsequent fresh starts i plan to start bee breeding as soon as I raid a village for apiaries. The initial steps in bee breeding take a long time, so earlier started, the better, I think.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I usually work on bees all the time bit by bit. Starting in steam age to get the first basic forestry bees. I try to get Imperial and Industrius in LV-MV age.

Lehawk00

Jul 29, 2019
Can't breed traits for trees in 3.1.16 anymore. Not only did I lose my high sappiness, faster mature and high sapling trees with the update (they reverted to the baseline), but when I try to remake them they reset to the baseline when grown/grafted.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
am I the only one who thinks that bees esp with gendustry are f-ng OP?

They seem to give a big return in exchange for a big investment and are scaleable. Getting to the point where I rely on them solely for power and materials took me months to do. Not entirely sure how that compares to the cost/benefit ratios other methods of gathering resources and producing power post-hv, however.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
You probably will be able to bread them, but to produce stuff they will still need that block (similiar like for example Jungle bees require vines or Flowers for other bees). Not sure if you can emulate block with gendustry upgrades. If you will be able to... Then maybe you can brute force them :) Feel free to try :)

edit: Ok now i am slightly confused. For breading they require the End dimension + the block. You might be able to force bread them with mutagem. Probably not for actually doing stuff... Not really sure now :D

I'm guessing the block is both a breeding block (Mutagen ignores this requirement) and also is configured as a flower for this species. It's slightly risky (as high as 40% chance to get genetic waste depending on ignoble/pristine), but you can put the queen that you bred in the mutagen into a Genetic Imprinter with a template that applies a different type of flower (like a regular flower). Then you can lifecycle the queen out into princess and drones. If all the traits look OK still you're good to go, if some traits reverted to the species default you run it through the Genetic Imprinter again (both the princess and drones if the princess has a non-obtainable flower), and face the same risk of genetic waste on the princess. Drones are always safe to imprint new DNA onto, however. Either way, I'll let you know after we update to 3.1.16 again on Saturday if I have success :)

And yeah, bees are slightly OP maybe. I put a LOT of work into the ones I have. Weeks of work that I could have spent advancing my base another way. Bees are a long term investment and take a fair bit of time to set up. I recommend starting bees before you get to LV using apiaries from villagers. And working to get your Industrial and Imperial bees before you even get LV.

Also, considering that I have something more than 70 species of bees going non stop (40 alvearies and tons of apiaries too), that means that I've hunted down and broken over 500 bee hives in the wild to get the amount of pristine princesses that I have. That was very time consuming. I've spent more time hunting down bee hives than I have mining. If anyone wants some ignoble bees though, I have plenty to spare :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
am I the only one who thinks that bees esp with gendustry are f-ng OP?

In modded minecraft something is always over/under-powered compared to something else. Bees aren't remotely OP in comparison to oh, say, Magic Crops, or oh, say, a Laser Drill, or a Digital Miner, or practically the entirety of Blood Magic, Draconic Evolution and Mystcraft.

Bees are basically a very cumbersome uu-matter system. I think it is easier/simpler to just use uu-matter, but not as interesting to setup/automate.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
It's slightly risky (as high as 40% chance to get genetic waste depending on ignoble/pristine), but you can put the queen that you bred in the mutagen into a Genetic Imprinter with a template that applies a different type of flower (like a regular flower). Then you can lifecycle the queen out into princess and drones. If all the traits look OK still you're good to go, if some traits reverted to the species default you run it through the Genetic Imprinter again (both the princess and drones if the princess has a non-obtainable flower), and face the same risk of genetic waste on the princess. Drones are always safe to imprint new DNA onto, however. Either way, I'll let you know after we update to 3.1.16 again on Saturday if I have success :)

Yeah, I eventually figured out that running princesses & queens in the imprinter was insanely risky, given the time required to get pristine princesses. My method, now, is to imprint the drones as the queen produces them and feed them back in to the princess for breeding. I keep doing that until the traits I bred in have "stuck", then I just let her breed normally.

Out of curiousity, what's your ignoble/pristine ratio for breaking meadows hives? I remember getting irritated by the 3 ignobles to 1 pristine I was getting from gathering meadows hives. It looked like the ratios were better with all of the other hives.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
nah, I mean they are so OP because they mostly take babysitting and the next thing they do is they start giving you something out of thin air for unlimited amount. No mod existing (except original FTB and several fun-only mods) has such functionality. ic2 windmills MAYBE, but making some 8K\tick with windmills is something few can do.

The only thing from the past comparable to them is solar collector mk3 from original FTB pack 1.2.5, where you babysit your base for some time and drop all your resources in the relays, I believe, then get better relays and collectors and next thing happening after some IRL days and with huge investments- is these collectors producing "high amount" of resources with no more investments.
The only difference is that collectors were simplier, but there were fever resources to produce and bees are harder and need more time-burning on them, but can win Gregtech easily and minecraft. And maybe collectors and relays were much less laggy
These two things are so simular, its hilarious.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I eventually figured out that running princesses & queens in the imprinter was insanely risky, given the time required to get pristine princesses. My method, now, is to imprint the drones as the queen produces them and feed them back in to the princess for breeding. I keep doing that until the traits I bred in have "stuck", then I just let her breed normally.

Out of curiousity, what's your ignoble/pristine ratio for breaking meadows hives? I remember getting irritated by the 3 ignobles to 1 pristine I was getting from gathering meadows hives. It looked like the ratios were better with all of the other hives.
I only imprint princesses/queens when I don't really have a choice, such as when I have a bee that has a flower I didn't have available (like dragon eggs prior to getting Draconic bees). Otherwise I always imprint drones just like you did. The only other time I've ran princesses through the imprinter is when I was towards the end of all my bee breeding and wanted to fix the traits on all of pristine princesses that were either swamp or desert biome dependent. I fixed all my wintry and tropical bees by breeding in my base as I border a taiga and jungle in my meadow base :)

I didn't really track my ignoble to pristine ratio very well. I've used an Apiarist's Backpack since I made my first scoop, so when I got back to my base I'd just grab the pristines out and dump everything else into a file cabinet. I'd say 3:1 across all species is pretty common. Valiant are always pristine, I think, so that's nice.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
nah, I mean they are so OP because they mostly take babysitting and the next thing they do is they start giving you something out of thin air for unlimited amount. No mod existing (except original FTB and several fun-only mods) has such functionality. ic2 windmills MAYBE, but making some 8K\tick with windmills is something few can do.

Giving you something out of thin air for an unlimited amount eh? Sort of like RTG or maybe these: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Magic_Energy_Absorber_(GregTech_5_Unofficial)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Like I mentioned, Magic Crops give you something out of thin air. Lot of people consider Magic Crops easy-mode bees.

Vanilla cobblegen gives you cobble out of thin air.

Cursed Earth gives you something out of thin air. ;)

There's actually a pretty long list of stuff like this.

Reactions: Dlur100

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Giving you something out of thin air for an unlimited amount eh? Sort of like RTG or maybe these: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Magic_Energy_Absorber_(GregTech_5_Unofficial)

RTG fuel is a next step up from unlimited steam. Unlimited Steam from solar boilers is the same. It takes water (which is pain to get, if person doesnt know about multiblock water tanks) and amount of steam it generates is so laughable, that it can be used only in the beggining.
100% same is with RTG. Even 1 RTG pellet is huge investment (54 iron per 1 and 6x54 + getting Pu without veins - how easy is that) and it gives 16 eu\t TOPS. So its kinda like getting potato for free, when you get up to EV.
That machine of yours used to have lots of negative aspects + its same as with rtg

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
RTG fuel is a next step up from unlimited steam. Unlimited Steam from solar boilers is the same. It takes water (which is pain to get, if person doesnt know about multiblock water tanks) and amount of steam it generates is so laughable, that it can be used only in the beggining.
100% same is with RTG. Even 1 RTG pellet is huge investment (54 iron per 1 and 6x54 + getting Pu without veins - how easy is that) and it gives 16 eu\t TOPS. So its kinda like getting potato for free, when you get up to EV.
That machine of yours used to have lots of negative aspects + its same as with rtg
Speaking of potato for free. I'm running my entire base off of carrots :)

Reactions: SolManX

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Like I mentioned, Magic Crops give you something out of thin air. Lot of people consider Magic Crops easy-mode bees.

Vanilla cobblegen gives you cobble out of thin air.

Cursed Earth gives you something out of thin air. ;)

There's actually a pretty long list of stuff like this.

Dont forget potatoes.
and the next thing out of thin air in the list is irongoldcoppertitaniumplatinumchromeosmiumaluminiumiridiumshardoilplutonuranim.
Oh sh I forgot, cobble is the same value as irongoldcoppertitaniumplatinumchromeosmiumaluminiumiridiumshardoilplutonuranim thing, because you for some unknown to me reason you could compare these two "out of the air" things.

Last edited: