[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the notice, man. I make backups before updates, but you've saved me the time it would have taken me to notice my bees weren't producing anymore!
It's not that they don't produce. They're just simply gone. The queen, drones, and any product you had in the alveary prior to the update is just vanished without a trace.

It's to the point now where I have enough power that many of those alvearies might just get replaced with industrial apiaries now. Especially since 90% of my bees are in a cave and I'm looking to start importing product from the bees directly into my ME system for processing.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that they don't produce. They're just simply gone. The queen, drones, and any product you had in the alveary prior to the update is just vanished without a trace.

It's to the point now where I have enough power that many of those alvearies might just get replaced with industrial apiaries now. Especially since 90% of my bees are in a cave and I'm looking to start importing product from the bees directly into my ME system for processing.
Yeah, i know what you meant. :) I have my bee processing fully automated, and it may have taken a day for me to notice that I was out of naquadah and annealed copper. I would have had to stop the server, restore my backup from a day prior, restore the server to 3.14, restart the server, remove the bees, make another backup, stop the server, and then update the server again. Lot of lost time.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... FT4 is quite a big update, and I expected there will be some more issues with it. Unfortunately it is not possible to catch all the problems everytime, thats the reason why i release the new pack version as non-recommended and push it out to recommended when I am sure that its stable enough.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
When using Gendustry is there anything that actually takes some time? If i understand it correctly i can go from nothing to perfect naquadah bees in one evening...

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
When using Gendustry is there anything that actually takes some time? If i understand it correctly i can go from nothing to perfect naquadah bees in one evening...

I would be surprised if you could do it in one week, let alone an evening. You need OMG amounts of uranium and royal jelly, a good power source, and time to let your newly mutated queens for each species to drop some drones. I had the mutator, the mutatron, and an oblivion frame, and it took me a month. If I had known what I was doing from the start, I could have compressed that into a week or two, I think.

Also, consider that you'll need proper housing for your bees, and you'll need the infrastructure to make use of the naquadah. Which means breeding other bees to produce the mats for that, as well (osmium, aluminium, titanium, tungsten, etc.)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Why would i need royaljelly? I can acces the recepies at the moment...
I have 40 stacks of Uranium and over 500 of Yellorium ore, which works too according to the official site. For power i use fusion, i doubt thats going to be a problem...

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Why would i need royaljelly? I can acces the recepies at the moment...
I have 40 stacks of Uranium and over 500 of Yellorium ore, which works too according to the official site. For power i use fusion, i doubt thats going to be a problem...

To make the mutagen, the recipe calls for 64 royal jelly, 8 uranium, and one of those biomass capsules to make a single mutagen comb. You'll need 4 or 5 of those combs to mutate a new queen. This modpack probably changed the recipe for balance reasons, although I have not checked NEI lately, so perhaps it's been changed to use yellorium? At the time I was mutating bees, it was royal jelly.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that sounds way worse than the official recepie. So i have to set up a royal jelly production first, which will take some time...

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
So, the question. I can "merge"\feed nodes to eachother and the questions are:
1) If I feed a node to another and that other will COMPLETELY drain and destroy lesser node - wil bigger node get any power-up for that? Like frag-count or something. Or should I simply feed-rest-feed bigger node until I am satisfied?
2) Why would I need to make bigger nodes? Wand charging and that CV thing? I see there is no way
to use that CV other than using it in the thaumcraft machines, mo conversion to stuff like GT right? So it is basically a speed-up energy and thats about it? And wand charging, as I see it, can be done by just stacking 5-10 nodes with active stabilisers and pedestall and never worry about wand\skep\staff vis anymore.
So again - whats the point of merging nodes, except for increasing aspect count for bigger CV rate and for "just having a m-f big node"?
3) how can I use liquid complex aspects? should I break them into basic components or what? they seem kinda useless
4) can I somehow use liquid aspects to copy something? I see that I can duplicate gunpowder-like things by crystylising liquid aspects and throwing them into crusible, but anything more complex? + btw, can I use CV for crusible recepies or stuff like that? it says its unlimited so I wonder if I can duplicate something with it :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that sounds way worse than the official recepie. So i have to set up a royal jelly production first, which will take some time...

Even without that change I tend to get to cultivated, industrious, and imperial bees by hand in my spare time between whatever else I'm working on so I can have an Alveary up before I "get serious". That takes a day or two. Production in Forestry apiaries with un-tuned bees is pretty bad, even with frames.

It is good news the Alvearies were rewritten, they were murder both on TPS and bandwidth in my experience as an admin.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
With full gendustry it took me close to 2.5 weeks to get Naquadah bees, and that's with past experience.

And right now I have naquadah bees going full steam in 2 alvearies. So far I've gotten exactly 4 ingots of enriched naquadah. The centrifuging recipes are brutal. It's not nearly as fast as you think it is. But without gendustry you can't actually make naquadah bees, there are a few recipes that are mutagen only that have no traditional breeding recipe.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Diligent(F) + Meadows(F) = Clay
Majestic(F) + Clay = Copper
Demonic(F) + Industrious(F) = Redstone
Redstone + Copper = Red Alloy
Red Alloy + Demonic(F) = Energetic
Energetic + Phantasmal(F) = Vibrant Alloy
Avenging(F) + Lead = Uranium
Uranium + Vibrant Alloy = Plutonium
Plutonium + Iridium = Naquadah

Where (F) is species added by default Forestry.

If some step doesnt work... Report!

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Special D-O-B bees are not obtainable at moment, since they require block from a mod which is not currently present.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
No actual breeding recipe? How does that work?
I can't check at the moment, but somewhere in the path to either the Avenging bee or maybe Plutonium bee there is a NEI recipe for the Mutagen, but not one for luck-of-the-draw in an apiary.

Note that I never did any breeding in an apiary once I got Industrial and Imperial bees other than the Fire/Water/Earth/Air shard bees because Mutagen is 100% chance. Really the only bees in the Mutagen that aren't 100% chance of getting what you want are Transmuting and Chaotic, just because there are 2 possibilities for those strains, so 50/50 chance.

In the past month I have bred every single bee type in the game with the exception of Steel (no use, TC faster), Cuprum (I'm swimming in copper already), and Apatite (no use for it, swimming in fertilizer from Distillery tower and don't even use Forestry farm). Otherwise I have every bee in the game in my alvearies, apiaries, and chests.

@Jason McRay: Curious though, what are D-O-B bees, haven't seen those in NEI that I remember. Something new?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
You probably will be able to bread them, but to produce stuff they will still need that block (similiar like for example Jungle bees require vines or Flowers for other bees). Not sure if you can emulate block with gendustry upgrades. If you will be able to... Then maybe you can brute force them :) Feel free to try :)

edit: Ok now i am slightly confused. For breading they require the End dimension + the block. You might be able to force bread them with mutagem. Probably not for actually doing stuff... Not really sure now :D

Last edited: