Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Theres blockvalues.xml in confg/modular. Some weird mathematics going on in there.

From what i see its functional blocks like coal and sandstone that modify speed and efficient (sandstone should be a tad better) and then its about adjacent blocks and layers that contribute to its efficiency. netherrack and better, quartzblocks would be to mention here.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
When youre at it, check out modular storage too! Its has some flaws and cant handle the amount of minechem stuff, but for AE2-like crafting it has its uses!
I already know about modular storage (I've one in my base) but I've never play with the furnace part.

I've already made a 3x3x3 modular furnace with coal block, it's quick to smelt venus crystals but I want to speed smelting of naquada ingots.

Reactions: Akio_Fukushima

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I already know about modular storage (I've one in my base) but I've never play with the furnace part.

I've already made a 3x3x3 modular furnace with coal block, it's quick to smelt venus crystals but I want to speed smelting of naquada ingots.

Humm i might tone down the RF costs again a bit. But that change wont go life for quite some time since i have no open issue atm and not releasing a new version for that one change :)

If you cant really stand it : config/enderio/AlloySmelterRecipes_User.xml

replace <recipe name="ingotNaquadahAlloy" energyCost="800000">
with ..i would say .. <recipe name="ingotNaquadahAlloy" energyCost="200000"> minimum. I would probably set it to 600K which would be a 25% time saver..

Also ... ofc ... use multiple alloysmelters with octadics.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen, are there patch notes for the latest patch? It seems like the sieving rate for redstone from moon dust is much lower than it was before.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Can you check bone and flint? Suddenly I'm drowning in those. NEI seems to indicate a 50% chance of bonemeal and 33% of flint. Intended? Or did I just never notice that before?

llllllllll

Jul 29, 2019
modular systems ruin better furnaces recipe , and there is recipes that dont work , why adding half ass finished mod , with half turned off recipes ... makes no sense.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
modular systems ruin better furnaces recipe , and there is recipes that dont work , why adding half ass finished mod , with half turned off recipes ... makes no sense.

How about playing another pack if you dont like it? :)

Or at least contribute something usefull like which recipes dont work?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted earlier today (sadly the post has for reasons unbeknownst to me been removed) about a bug where he built a chamber with oxygen in it, then placed down netherrack (around 256) and set them all on fire. After that his memory usage spiked out of control and the game became unplayable.
I didn't think much of it and finished up my own room of burning netherrack, after all I want them stars!
I only used about 100 netherrack, but my game too became unplayable, however on my computer it was both the CPU usage and the Memory that spiked wildly.

However one huge difference between our two games is that he closed his game, I let mine run until it crashed, meaning that somewhere I should have a crash dump.
I don't know where to find the logs, and the console crashed along with minecraft, all I could find online was a guide to send them from the console, and I don't want to reboot the launcher in case that somehow overwrites the logs. Someone, please tell me what to do! =)

This was a known issue, https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1849 it was just fixed yesterday =P For now just use an oxygen bubble to produce your stars, and be careful! The version of Super Massive Tech we are using has a bug if you try and use 500 fire or more, causing a crash.

I may test out the latest build of galacticraft and see if it is stable and what all needs to be updated to make it work. I know I heard of some issues before with updating galacticraft in this modpack so I will have to be thorough in my testing, but if it is stable I will submit a pull request.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
This was a known issue, https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1849 it was just fixed yesterday =P For now just use an oxygen bubble to produce your stars, and be careful! The version of Super Massive Tech we are using has a bug if you try and use 500 fire or more, causing a crash.

I may test out the latest build of galacticraft and see if it is stable and what all needs to be updated to make it work. I know I heard of some issues before with updating galacticraft in this modpack so I will have to be thorough in my testing, but if it is stable I will submit a pull request.

That would be awesome. And even more awesome if you throw tardis mod update in the mix! Just dont touch the tweakers, ex nihilo, ex astris and nei(addons) ... they are kinda explosive for breakgin stuff :D

Akio_Fukushima

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack is really fun, but it's insanely grindy. Is there any thing in the Edit Mods thing we could take out to fix that? o_O

Last edited:

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, when you said yesterday, you weren't talking about in Galactic Science but in Galacticraft? Damnit, I'll have to wait till you get it implemented before my game becomes playable again, damnit! :D

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted earlier today (sadly the post has for reasons unbeknownst to me been removed) about a bug where he built a chamber with oxygen in it, then placed down netherrack (around 256) and set them all on fire. After that his memory usage spiked out of control and the game became unplayable.
I didn't think much of it and finished up my own room of burning netherrack, after all I want them stars!
I only used about 100 netherrack, but my game too became unplayable, however on my computer it was both the CPU usage and the Memory that spiked wildly.

However one huge difference between our two games is that he closed his game, I let mine run until it crashed, meaning that somewhere I should have a crash dump.
I don't know where to find the logs, and the console crashed along with minecraft, all I could find online was a guide to send them from the console, and I don't want to reboot the launcher in case that somehow overwrites the logs. Someone, please tell me what to do! =)

That was my post and I did some searching before I posted that and didn't find anything but after posting I searched this thread using "fire" as a search term and found the information that NolanSyKinsley already posted earlier so I deleted it.

I will be interested to see how the updated GC mod works with GS! Thx Nolan for testing that!

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, hit a hiccough with galacticraft. They changed the oil/fuel so placed blocks of oil/fuel will vanish on updating. That isn't a huge deal, but the default maps when loaded have the warning about the missing tiles, which is a bad first impression when loading up a modpack. I am not sure quite how to update the default maps, do I just load the world, save and then replace the level.dat? Or do I need to replace DIMM-28 and DIMM-112 folders as well?

Ahh, I have to replace the just level.dat but it needs to be sanitized first...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.