Epidemia's build journal

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK it is not a good time to try GT for the first time atm. It is in a very unfinished state(WIP) for 1.7. It is what is keeping TPPI2 in (perpetual) beta for example.

I personally couldn't live without GraviSuite, so IC2 is a must no matter how much I want to use it or not. Not sure about its 1.7 state, but I am also generally fond of Electro-Magic tools that bridges IC2 and TC and think I will be adding that in the future as well.

Bees are just a fun hobby for me. I don't actually use them much for all the infinite resources. Only for the ones that are not available through other means(mostly bee or forestry stuff). But I generally just love the process of it all :p So also a must.
GT5 is for 1.7, and GT5U (an approved but unofficial fork that added in a bunch of the end game stuff from earlier GT that didn't get into GT5, such as 3 tiers of fusion reactors) is used in at least a couple of modpacks (including Infitech 2, a 3rd-party pack on the FTB launcher.)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
GT5 is for 1.7, and GT5U (an approved but unofficial fork that added in a bunch of the end game stuff from earlier GT that didn't get into GT5, such as 3 tiers of fusion reactors) is used in at least a couple of modpacks (including Infitech 2, a 3rd-party pack on the FTB launcher.)
GT5 was the early 1.7 version that was discontinued in a rather unfinished state from what I gather. But it is nice to hear that people picked it up and made add-ons to make it more playable.

GT6 is the new 1.7 version that is in open Alpha:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/?page=Thread&threadID=7156
This is what TPPI2 is waiting for.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
But I am interested in trying out a less finicky method of flight than simply jetpacks offers.
Didn't see this mentioned but, assuming you have Extra Utilities(because everyone does), There's always the angel wings, It's the best method of flight I've found. Its only Slightly OP because it costs nothing- but if you're at the point where you can even make this thing I think that its just a nice alternative so you're not bouncing up and down while trying to do things high up

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm still a fan of Modular Powersuits, though I'm reasonably sure it didn't get updated to 1.7. It intelligently moved the descend keybinding to something besides the crouch key you need for some placing.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
can't wait for the next episode. wonder what your going to do with lava.

Thanks for the encouragement, because of this I resumed playing on the Eldaria map where I left off a few weeks ago. Currently, my "base" consists of a small fenced in area with a few machines, chests, a tunnel, a couple manual labor farms etc...just the basics. Ive rushed my usual early game sorting system comprised of TE caches and strongboxes enchanted with holding IV plus an ender pouch for dropping things off. The next goal is to get a Mekanism digital miner so I dont have to manually mine anymore and then I will be on the fast track to "end game" -aka the fun part. Soon I will start posting pictures and planning what I hope will be my most ambitious project yet. Hopefully the buildcraft related crash I experienced a few minutes ago is fixed by updating.

PS: Eldaria has a truly epic volcanic island (all of the Eldaria islands are epic) with an enormous interior. Not sure exactly what I will do there yet but the possibilities are endless...

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Glad to see you're starting this back up. I always love it when people play to make builds look the part, rather than just to progress as fast as possible (which, admittedly, I do far too often).

Reactions: epidemia78

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the encouragement, because of this I resumed playing on the Eldaria map where I left off a few weeks ago. Currently, my "base" consists of a small fenced in area with a few machines, chests, a tunnel, a couple manual labor farms etc...just the basics. Ive rushed my usual early game sorting system comprised of TE caches and strongboxes enchanted with holding IV plus an ender pouch for dropping things off. The next goal is to get a Mekanism digital miner so I dont have to manually mine anymore and then I will be on the fast track to "end game" -aka the fun part. Soon I will start posting pictures and planning what I hope will be my most ambitious project yet. Hopefully the buildcraft related crash I experienced a few minutes ago is fixed by updating.

PS: Eldaria has a truly epic volcanic island (all of the Eldaria islands are epic) with an enormous interior. Not sure exactly what I will do there yet but the possibilities are endless...
That's the southern island with the portal right? Eldaria looks fun but I have trouble retrogenning world gen and the notion of creating more chunks of the map just for harvestcraft stuff annoys me

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
That's the southern island with the portal right? Eldaria looks fun but I have trouble retrogenning world gen and the notion of creating more chunks of the map just for harvestcraft stuff annoys me
agricraft has mutations and harvestcraft has traps. you don't really need to gen chunks for food. all you need is tall grass to start with.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
agricraft has mutations and harvestcraft has traps. you don't really need to gen chunks for food. all you need is tall grass to start with.

Harvestcraft also has a market block which allows you to buy new seeds/saplings - with emeralds, I believe.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, thats the one. Seems to me that retrogen causes more problems than its worth, when its so easy to just go outside the Eldaria islands to find normal world gen. I was going to let chromaticraft retrogen its stuff into eldaria but that feature of the mod is broken atm, so I decided to just leave it and all of reika's mods out.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Hadn't thought of that. I'll try and see whether that's feasible for the early game with spice of life & hunger overhaul

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been playing Minecraft again for a week or two and have some stuff to show you. I am playing on the custom map "Eldaria Islands" which I did once before back with 1.6.4, using my own personal modpack with some recipe tweaks. Now, on to the pics.

Heres my current base of operations which is a bigger, better version of a house I built in another world which you can see by looking a few pages back:
KUAIWhT.jpg

TRjcw2L.jpg

Growing some Growthcraft grapes beside the house to brew wine with. Thanks to some recipe tweaks Ive added, brewing stuff is actually worth the effort. Also a view from the front porch of the epic landscape typical of Eldaria.
G3f6fDr.jpg

hkQw6c2.jpg

Inside, the living room is a bit bare but I am sure that will change eventually but the kitchen where I brew booze is much more cluttered:
YCGOyh3.jpg

GysBPof.jpg

Upstairs is where most of my Thaumcrafting happens:
smK5fC0.jpg

The basement is where Ive hidden all the necessary tech stuff, although I may end up relocating it to a place of its own eventually:
KUfpIg2.jpg

YNurEi0.jpg

And finally here is the map of all of the Eldaria islands. I have plans to build things on each and every one.
KWQhmkk.jpg

Last edited:

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
wait. are those rivers? do they have a current or flow downhill?

EDIT: just realized that the post somehow got cut :c

Last edited: