Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So we were talking in my other thread about MPS and how it'll have thermal expansion support and I decided to show off the stupid rig my current powersuit is. It got me thinking, this is a totally new armor toolchain and I am sure there are lots of silly things people can do with it. It deserves its own thread.

So, show off your dumb powersuit tricks here!

I'll start by echoing my other thread. I put on maxed out jetboots, a maxed out jetpack, maxed out sprint assist and coupled that with with high end batteries and got something that Iron Man would be jealous of. I also promptly killed myself hitting the ground. Then I added fall dampers so I could jump without nearly killing myself. My test flights:
  1. A short hop right after I installed the fall dampers.
  2. Going over 2.5km in under a minute. The fall is almost longer than the fight itself.
In total this armor has consumed 1 diamond plate, 4 force field emitters, 6 ion drives, 16 servo motors, 2 HV capacitors (in the current build), 2 LV capacitors, and 2 wool. It is expensive.
I'm curious what other stupid tricks people can find.

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
I updated MPS so I could find out the recipe for lv capacitors, and seems like the armor doesn't hold enchantments anymore.

My favorite dumb trick before was to get a haste enchant for my boots to counteract all of the weight.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I updated MPS so I could find out the recipe for lv capacitors, and seems like the armor doesn't hold enchantments anymore.

My favorite dumb trick before was to get a haste enchant for my boots to counteract all of the weight.

You really don't need any weight outside batteries for the high-end armor.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Not as expensive than doing it all with MPS, but I use Long Fall Boots + electric. Jetpack + Powerlegs with
- sprint assist
Compensation 0%
Power 100%
- Elite Battery
5MJ storage

I love this mod.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'm honestly thinking I might enjoy the powersuit more then the quantum.
The powersuit has all the things that I wish that I wish the quantum suit would do.

Reactions: Rusty79

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I've been messing around with it today and as usual there are some things I like and dislike. Though the dislikes might just be my inexperience.

For example, I dislike how the jetpack on the chest piece allows you to fly up without pressing spacebar. Because I'm used to not automatically taking off that feels a bit odd.
Also, it seems the jetpack actually disables the sprint assist. At least when I double tap to run it won't do it when I have a jetpack installed.

The jetboots I like more in behavior, because you have to jump in order for them to kick in. The issue I have with those however is that they are horribly slow at lifting you and it seems they can't turn on in mid-air.

I kinda need to play around more with it though, I think if I reassign some buttons my user experience might improve a ton. I know there is a way to reassign the buttons it uses and that I can add an "on/off" switch for each module, I just need to look it up :p xD

Reactions: Dravarden

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda need to play around more with it though, I think if I reassign some buttons my user experience might improve a ton. I know there is a way to reassign the buttons it uses and that I can add an "on/off" switch for each module, I just need to look it up :p xD

Just hit "k" and it will bring up the module toggler, quick and easy.

Reactions: whythisname

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, does MPS add any interesting GUI-elements? I'd LOVE a "FOF" (friend or foe) system that would add targeting elements to things on the screen (either red for enemy, or green for friendly/neutral). Maybe have a way to disable checking on some things (all friends, chickens, etc). And an addition for aiming with ranged weapons, perhaps (when you have your bow selected, it gives you a target to use to hit the enemy). And, of course, an upgraded version that "scans" enemies to see their health, velocity, etc.

I'm going to have to start camping on the MPS thread, it seems!