Working on new mod: Deep Resonance (powergen)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Note that this is with a very dirty and powerful crystal that you are not likely to get in real life situations:

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jitty, what did I just witness there? TNT made a huge explosion for some reason, and then you were detecting radiation...for some reason.

(Sorry if sound clarifies anything: I saw this from work with no sound)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Jitty, what did I just witness there? TNT made a huge explosion for some reason, and then you were detecting radiation...for some reason.

(Sorry if sound clarifies anything: I saw this from work with no sound)

The crystals explode if something near them explodes (creeper or tnt or another crystal (chain reaction!)). The power of this explosion depends on the power that is in the crystal and the strength. Then there is also radiation which depends on the power again and also on the purity of the crystals.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The crystals explode if something near them explodes (creeper or tnt or another crystal (chain reaction!)). The power of this explosion depends on the power that is in the crystal and the strength. Then there is also radiation which depends on the power again and also on the purity of the crystals.
All is clear now, thank you :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Progress. I and Elec332 worked on a multiblock tank for this mod:

1VIG4oA.png

Reactions: Padfoote

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Important milestone. It is now possible to generate crystals (that are better then the naturally spawned crystals) using this mod. This is not the final thing yet. Two important machines are still missing (the purifier and the enhancer). With those two you will be able to get much better crystals. However, this does make the mod a lot more usable already. This video shows the creation of a single crystal.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Important milestone. It is now possible to generate crystals (that are better then the naturally spawned crystals) using this mod. This is not the final thing yet. Two important machines are still missing (the purifier and the enhancer). With those two you will be able to get much better crystals. However, this does make the mod a lot more usable already. This video shows the creation of a single crystal.

Love it.

Did you consider doing crystal purification via "structures" rather than machines? Realize its late in the game, but structures seemed to me a better fit for the theme.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Love it.

Did you consider doing crystal purification via "structures" rather than machines? Realize its late in the game, but structures seemed to me a better fit for the theme.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What exactly do you mean by that?
Hard to explain, but something a bit more emergent. Organize crystals in a 3 dimensional area. Their relational position causes different resonance frequencies which will encourage different properties in any crystals in the "middle".

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hard to explain, but something a bit more emergent. Organize crystals in a 3 dimensional area. Their relational position causes different resonance frequencies which will encourage different properties in any crystals in the "middle".

Hmm. While that sounds interesting that's totally not what my mod is currently heading too :)

Deep Resonance should be seen more as a mod that heavily depends on liquid processing. The crystals are just the end product and you only have to place them near your generator to generate power.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm. While that sounds interesting that's totally not what my mod is currently heading too :)

Deep Resonance should be seen more as a mod that heavily depends on liquid processing. The crystals are just the end product and you only have to place them near your generator to generate power.
Works for me :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
These two images in the album illustrate what you will be able to do with the upcoming beta release of Deep Resonance. The enhancer is still missing so this is the best you can do. The crystals generated by this method can do 1700 RF/tick.

This setup uses a smelter which is automated to make sure the lava tank belows it stays at about 50% capacity (that amount of lava gives the best quality liquid).

There are also three purifiers that bring the purity of the liquid up to 85% (which is the maximum that the purifier can do. For more purity the future enhancer will be needed).

And finally there is the crystalizer at the right.

http://imgur.com/a/w9RCw

Reactions: Pyure

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
So it's a successive series of steps in refinement? Hrm, gonna be interesting to try and compact such a setup.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So it's a successive series of steps in refinement? Hrm, gonna be interesting to try and compact such a setup.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Yes, in the future it will also be possible to do it with one purifier where you send the liquid multiple times through the same purifier. I will implement a 'gate' block that will let through fluids given certain conditions (like the purity is high enough).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm sad, because the forums decided to stop sending me notifications around the end of page two. I seem to have missed a lot. :oops:
However:
Just released a new beta version of Deep Resonance 0.3.0:

0.3.0:
  • Radiation and pollution work now. An exploding crystal and a working generator will (depending on power and purity of the crystal) generation polution in a certain area:
    • Big radiation effects can cause random destruction events... dirt/farmland being replaced with poisoned dirt, ...
I request CONFIGS! I want to be able to set which blocks can get changed and what they can be changed to.
Normal-if-slightly-masochistic-person-reason for that: So I can change "poisoned dirt" to "cursed earth" from XU. Mueheheheheh...
Derpy-mad-scientist-reason for that: So I can change all the stone in an area into diamonds, but remove crystals from world gen and gate all the stuff in this mod behind some super-expensive alloy. :p[

If that's too much, no problem, but it'd be pretty dang cool to see it implemented. :)[/QUOTE]

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Question: The pipes you showed in the last screenshot (wherever that was) looked like the EnderIO variety. I was under the impression that with all the extra information that your fluid carries, they'd need special pipes as well as special tanks to be handled properly. Did you find a way to get it to work with other mods pipes as well?

If so, cool!

Reactions: Type1Ninja

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Question: The pipes you showed in the last screenshot (wherever that was) looked like the EnderIO variety. I was under the impression that with all the extra information that your fluid carries, they'd need special pipes as well as special tanks to be handled properly. Did you find a way to get it to work with other mods pipes as well?

If so, cool!

Other mods pipes and tanks will work just fine except that they don't know how to mix the fluids. That means that when you pipe a RCL fluid through such a conduit or you put RCL fluid in a tank from another mod it will not be able to accept RCL that has slightly different settings (i.e. 9% purity instead of 10% purity). But otherwise it works fine. Other tanks and conduits should (if they are coded properly) preserve the attributes.

DR doesn't yet have its own conduit system although some infrastructure for it is already in place. However, for conduits this is less important. The tanks are there and working and they can do the mixing.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Other mods pipes and tanks will work just fine except that they don't know how to mix the fluids. That means that when you pipe a RCL fluid through such a conduit or you put RCL fluid in a tank from another mod it will not be able to accept RCL that has slightly different settings (i.e. 9% purity instead of 10% purity). But otherwise it works fine. Other tanks and conduits should (if they are coded properly) preserve the attributes.

DR doesn't yet have its own conduit system although some infrastructure for it is already in place. However, for conduits this is less important. The tanks are there and working and they can do the mixing.
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't know that fluids could have extra data formatted in such a way that other mods' pipes and tanks wouldn't just flip out without having to register a gazillion different types of fluids. Good to know.

Also, another question, this one a bit more technical: Since the core mechanics of this mod involve mixing varying amounts of different fluids with varying stats (which I imagine must be represented internally by floating point numbers), surely you'd get rounding errors if you try to repeatedly mix a very small amount of some fluid into a tank containing much more fluid. How do you deal with this in the mod?

Reactions: Type1Ninja