Working on new mod: Deep Resonance (powergen)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I can tell you that, pollution is hard :p

Like the idea, just wondering what you're thinking for the pollution, I've discussed pollution implementations with a lot of people and it's hard to find a preformance effective way to do it

Two things that I'm thinking about:
1. Bad effects in a certain area around the pollution. That's easy to do. I already have that implemented in my environmental controller.
2. Possibly kill of living things in a certain area. I don't see that as too problematic either. You don't have to do this every tick and you also don't have to scan the entire polluted area every time.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Two things that I'm thinking about:
1. Bad effects in a certain area around the pollution. That's easy to do. I already have that implemented in my environmental controller.
2. Possibly kill of living things in a certain area. I don't see that as too problematic either. You don't have to do this every tick and you also don't have to scan the entire polluted area every time.
Ah, so no spreading mechanic? If so then you don't have the problem I'm talking about :p

Reactions: Type1Ninja

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ah, so no spreading mechanic? If so then you don't have the problem I'm talking about :p

I wasn't planning on spreading. Pollution will grow over time though (depending on how long a polluting generator has been running in some environment) and pollution will (slowly) go down if the machine is no longer there or is inactive (or uses clean crystals).

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't planning on spreading. Pollution will grow over time though (depending on how long a polluting generator has been running in some environment) and pollution will (slowly) go down if the machine is no longer there or is inactive (or uses clean crystals).
I also want a cleaner machine and lots of configurability for pollution, and maybe a configurable "super horrible mode" that makes pollution a) weaponizable and b) something you'd actually want to clean up. If it's just bad effects, I'll strap on some kind of hazmat suit and ignore it (which, admittedly, is also a solution I wouldn't mind seeing.... Give me hazmat suits as well! :p).

Reactions: McJty

jamieatlee05

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a guy that does something my self McJty if u make this mod is going to be hard for u do it all by ur self and I ( and others) could help for back up if something happens.

Think about that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a guy that does something my self McJty if u make this mod is going to be hard for u do it all by ur self and I ( and others) could help for back up if something happens.

Think about that!

... You know he made the amazing RFTools all on his own, right? :p
He DOES have this on GitHub. If you feel that strongly about helping, fork it and make whatever changes you want; he can then look them over and put them in if they're good.

jamieatlee05

Jul 29, 2019
No like if very thing gos rong as in crashes u know what I mean?

Some mods do crash a lot!
So...

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
No like if very thing gos rong as in crashes u know what I mean?

Some mods do crash a lot!
So...

I will of course welcome all debugging and testing help. That's perfectly fine. But this new mod is not a good place to learn java coding since if you're still at that stage then you will not be able to follow my development speed. Also at this moment I'm still in early planning (in fact I haven't even started coding yet since I'm still busy separating parts of RFTools into a companion mod so that it can be shared with the new mod) so it is hard for others to join in.

And as others have said. My projects are all Open Source. Everyone can contribute already. You can make a patch and submit it. If you do I will check it out and possibly merge it if I like it. Others have already done this with RFTools too.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I will of course welcome all debugging and testing help. That's perfectly fine. But this new mod is not a good place to learn java coding since if you're still at that stage then you will not be able to follow my development speed. Also at this moment I'm still in early planning (in fact I haven't even started coding yet since I'm still busy separating parts of RFTools into a companion mod so that it can be shared with the new mod) so it is hard for others to join in.

And as others have said. My projects are all Open Source. Everyone can contribute already. You can make a patch and submit it. If you do I will check it out and possibly merge it if I like it. Others have already done this with RFTools too.
So what are you going to call the companion? McCore :p

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A new mod has been born. This is the beginning:

mgZWBQb.png

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I don't get it?
Might be because of where you live -
Where I live, there was a Geico (insurance company) commercial. The idea was that people who got Geico were happy, so they used the analogy of "camels are happy on hump day because they have humps" to show how happy people using Geico were (with hump day being Wednesday, the middle and presumably hardest day, therefore the "hump" in the week). What they did to make that joke was have a camel speaking English walk around an office asking people what day it is, until one of them finally (reluctantly) says "it's... it's hump day" at which point the camel says "WOOT WoooOOT! HUMP DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

Here's the actual commerical:

Reactions: McJty

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I know it's been mentioned in comparison to big reactors as being able to match very big reactors (200k RF/t?) but how about the rest of the big top end power producers that aren't so simple? Specifically Mekanism and GregTech both possessing outputs in that kind of range and ReactorCraft for a power gen mod that far eclipses what you're making at it's higher end but allows for complexity in it's power gen just fine. I'm not sure of any other power gen that's in the kind of range being talked on, I mean there's XU compressed generators but I don't really count those like I don't really count compressed solars as their basically just a way of avoiding the lag associated with engine spam.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So I know it's been mentioned in comparison to big reactors as being able to match very big reactors (200k RF/t?) but how about the rest of the big top end power producers that aren't so simple? Specifically Mekanism and GregTech both possessing outputs in that kind of range and ReactorCraft for a power gen mod that far eclipses what you're making at it's higher end but allows for complexity in it's power gen just fine. I'm not sure of any other power gen that's in the kind of range being talked on, I mean there's XU compressed generators but I don't really count those like I don't really count compressed solars as their basically just a way of avoiding the lag associated with engine spam.

I'm mostly aiming at power production that is actually useful. Not going into the powercreep spiral.

Reactions: Pyure and Padfoote