Working on new mod: Deep Resonance (powergen)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Much to the chagrin of those operating with toasters.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Much to the chagrin of those operating with toasters.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Don't worry. It is a very simply model. Just 30 quads (as opposed to 6 for a normal block) and you will not find a lot of these in your world :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Generator multiblock WIP:

66qCVH7.png

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, mcjty, I like your effects btw. Bonus if you can do sparkles/fireflies/particles around the consumer/generator. It can be handy visual feedback.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Oh, mcjty, I like your effects btw. Bonus if you can do sparkles/fireflies/particles around the consumer/generator. It can be handy visual feedback.

I have plans for that. BTW, you cannot see that on the static screenshot but the laserbeam actually has a small visual effects where it shimmers (slightly vibrates). Makes it look more realistic and dangerous.

But I have plans.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As soon as I posted, I realized a firefly-effect was inappropriate. Vibration makes a lot more sense. Look forward to seeing your plans implemented :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Looks shiny. The infusion process, in particular, really intrigues the engineer in me- at some point, I might have to come up with a spreadsheet of some sort to help optimize it.

Any thoughts on infusion reagents that mostly decrease the RF/t, purity, lasting time, or crystallizing time of the fluid? This could be a way to implement your "extreme mode": lower the purity to open more "space" within the quality of the fluid to jam in more RF/t- and lasting time-increasing reagents.

Also, any plans to provide some way to regulate the amount of fluid in a tank, or are you just going to leave keeping the smelter tank half full of lava up to the few mods, such as Buildcraft, that can detect it?
Suggestion: Make your tanks work with comparators, and have some kind of highish-tier RF-powered pump that can be turned off with a redstone signal.

...Wait. I know that RFTools has a liquid monitor, but I don't remember off the top of my head if it can output a redstone signal depending on the level of the fluid. If it can, that's perfectly fine. I don't see much need to add something like that into Deep Resonance if RFTools already adds it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Looks shiny. The infusion process, in particular, really intrigues the engineer in me- at some point, I might have to come up with a spreadsheet of some sort to help optimize it.

Any thoughts on infusion reagents that mostly decrease the RF/t, purity, lasting time, or crystallizing time of the fluid? This could be a way to implement your "extreme mode": lower the purity to open more "space" within the quality of the fluid to jam in more RF/t- and lasting time-increasing reagents.

Also, any plans to provide some way to regulate the amount of fluid in a tank, or are you just going to leave keeping the smelter tank half full of lava up to the few mods, such as Buildcraft, that can detect it?
Suggestion: Make your tanks work with comparators, and have some kind of highish-tier RF-powered pump that can be turned off with a redstone signal.

...Wait. I know that RFTools has a liquid monitor, but I don't remember off the top of my head if it can output a redstone signal depending on the level of the fluid. If it can, that's perfectly fine. I don't see much need to add something like that into Deep Resonance if RFTools already adds it.

Yes, RFTools liquid monitor can send out a redstone signal if the amount of liquid goes above or below a certain percentage so this is ideal for that. I will add support for a comparator and then you can just use that signal on the liquid ducts.

As to the reagents I have a rough table here: https://github.com/McJty/DeepResonance/wiki
This is likely going to change still.