Working on new mod: Deep Resonance (powergen)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! :D
More magicks from McJty!
dstfp.gif

I'm really looking forward to using this. I hope that there is a) a config for power gen factor and b) that by default, a well optimized setup is better than a semi-badly optimized Big Reactor (using Infinity configs, perhaps). Balance is important, and BR is pretty much the measuring stick for awesome power gen. That, and XU, but XU is a different story. :p

Reactions: mattp_12

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! :D
More magicks from McJty!

I'm really looking forward to using this. I hope that there is a) a config for power gen factor and b) that by default, a well optimized setup is better than a semi-badly optimized Big Reactor (using Infinity configs, perhaps). Balance is important, and BR is pretty much the measuring stick for awesome power gen. That, and XU, but XU is a different story. :p

You know how I am with configurability. I practically make everything configurable :)

This powergen should be on par with BR. i.e. you should be able to generate plenty of power with it if you have a really good setup.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You know how I am with configurability. I practically make everything configurable :)

This powergen should be on par with BR. i.e. you should be able to generate plenty of power with it if you have a really good setup.
That's what I thought you would do, but I had to make sure. :) Plus it's always fun to be the first poster on what I'm sure will be a standard in the community for a long time to come, as an alternative to Big Reactors. :D

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I like this. It's got potential to compete well with ReC in my pack; I can certainly use it as an alternative for powering RFTools dimensions. :D

That being said, it should look as cool as Hexorium from HEXcraft--I actually had to throw it out because it has its own incompatible power system.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

jamieatlee05

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to help on mods and servers and I found this so plz reply to me by Friday if I can help with this and improve my skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamieatlee05

Jul 29, 2019
McJty can I help on this piece of work. I love mod and I got some cool ideas ( like jet packs, bags and guns or if I got this rong tell me ur ideas s we can work on this ( if this gos well do u want to talk to the maker of this server? Loads of ideas who agrees on my ideas let me know!

Really want to help !!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
McJty can I help on this piece of work. I love mod and I got some cool ideas ( like jet packs, bags and guns or if I got this rong tell me ur ideas s we can work on this ( if this gos well do u want to talk to the maker of this server? Loads of ideas who agrees on my ideas let me know!

Really want to help !!

If you want to learn how to mod then I recommend starting with a small mod of your own. Trying to help with a project like this is not really a good idea. First it is hard for me to give you tasks that you can do. Also I work at a rather fast pace so I doubt others will be able to follow me there. Also this is going to be relatively complicated. Even for people who know how to mod so not really a good learning experience.

If you have good ideas then why not make a mod of your own?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to learn how to mod then I recommend starting with a small mod of your own. Trying to help with a project like this is not really a good idea. First it is hard for me to give you tasks that you can do. Also I work at a rather fast pace so I doubt others will be able to follow me there. Also this is going to be relatively complicated. Even for people who know how to mod so not really a good learning experience.

Although, to be fair, you could open-source it on GitHub and then he could try to contribute, and stuff you liked you could keep. Lots of modders use GitHub mainly for stuff like bug-fixes and localizations anyway, I think. :)

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

I can tell you that, pollution is hard :p

Like the idea, just wondering what you're thinking for the pollution, I've discussed pollution implementations with a lot of people and it's hard to find a preformance effective way to do it

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can tell you that, pollution is hard :p

Like the idea, just wondering what you're thinking for the pollution, I've discussed pollution implementations with a lot of people and it's hard to find a preformance effective way to do it
If you're thinking of my pollution ideas, jitty's are a lot simpler to implement. Mine involved jacking into other mods and dinking with the performance of their machines. THAT is definitely hard to implement properly.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
If you're thinking of my pollution ideas, jitty's are a lot simpler to implement. Mine involved jacking into other mods and dinking with the performance of their machines. THAT is definitely hard to implement properly.
Not just those, pollution spread and the like are very performance intensive

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not just those, pollution spread and the like are very performance intensive
Just some world-wide debuffs, or even within a certain chunk radius, shouldn't be *that* hard. Change the biome a bit, add some extra, more evil mob spawns, maybe some negative potion effects... Surely that wouldn't take up too much performance, would it?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just some world-wide debuffs, or even within a certain chunk radius, shouldn't be *that* hard. Change the biome a bit, add some extra, more evil mob spawns, maybe some negative potion effects... Surely that wouldn't take up too much performance, would it?
spread is the hardest part

Reactions: Padfoote

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I believe Strikingwolf means pollution spreading from its point of origin into adjacent areas. For instance from one chunk to another. I don't think its applicable here really.
^

Getting that balanced is hard enough, implementing it so it is not performance intensive is even harder

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Although, to be fair, you could open-source it on GitHub and then he could try to contribute, and stuff you liked you could keep. Lots of modders use GitHub mainly for stuff like bug-fixes and localizations anyway, I think. :)

All my projects are already on github. That includes RFTools and Deep Resonance (although there isn't much there)