[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
What mob damage with aura?
I died 3 times for a a source of damage, it can pass through blocks, hit distant and apparently is a overtime damage.
I am trying to play but is too hard when you cant see the enemy and direction from damage

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
What mob damage with aura?
I died 3 times for a a source of damage, it can pass through blocks, hit distant and apparently is a overtime damage.
I am trying to play but is too hard when you cant see the enemy and direction from damage
In the deep dark if you stand in the dark too long the shadows kill you. You need to stay in the light.

Reactions: Saberwulfy

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have Optifine installed in the modpack. Just the default mod list, not even config tweaks.
That's really strange. It normally takes about 5 shots for those guys to kill you. Care to take a screenshot of one before it kills you? Never seen this before.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the strips of missing chunks, this is what I see sometimes. Closing and reloading will load them fine. Hovering there will never load those chunks (well at least not in a few mins).

Missing chunks
hD1e695.jpg

My video settings
4t0f2KB.png

Mind you its not a big problem, just annoying.
Yeah I've not seen that before! You mentioned a crash when you enter them. The log from the crash might help with diagnosis but it sounds like an issue with either your save or something specific with your computer :(

Arachnid_XIII

Jul 29, 2019
This might of already been answered, but im struggling with nether quartz
I see that there is Normal Quartz ore added by "No nether Needed" but i cant find any while mining.,.

So whats the ore generation rate / depth ??
or is tehre another way to aquire nether quartz?

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
As requested of a few others, can you pastebin the FML log from when it crashed? I've heard of a couple of people getting this sort of graphical thing and the log might help.

Also, are you using optifine or any other mods that aren't in the pack?
No I didn't use optifine or anything is added in, I play the pack as it is. Where is this FML log that you are talking about, I'll try to find it if it's possible.

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
If you are removing Lava as a Viable light source, then you need to make torches at least 1 block more then what they are. I have put torches completely around my pumpkin patch and it never grew a pumpkin after a couple of hours in game. Yes I used Bonemeal on the seed til it was mature. I plan on re-opening my test world again and letting it set for a few more hours to see if it will grow, but if I waited 2 hours and the pumpkin never grew, then that means getting four will take forever and makes it almost a useless way to make a better light source, much less I would have to wait several days just to complete the quest that requires 4 of them. The only other light source requires a LONG walk to the CM that has the Nether in it, with I believe like 4 glowstone in it. I understand wanting to make the pack tough, but with almost no way of early light besides the Lava, then it would be pretty much impossible to grow a Viable farm to make food, or be able to grow enough trees in hopes of getting enough apples to make juice with. Maybe you could come up with another light source type that requires a little work but still possible early game? something between a torch and Jack'O'Lantern? For an Idea, how about a Stone Torch, that requires 1 stone stick and like 8 Luminite dust? an it would light the block its on and all blocks connected to the block its on. Im just tossing out an idea, but please think about it at least.

(Edit: when I said a couple of hours in game, I didnt mean IN GAME HOURS, I mean I was in game and left it while doing other stuff and 2 hours later I still didnt have a pumpkin, and yes there are just plain untilled dirt blocks around it for the pumpkin to grow on.)
Always look for the watering cans. It seems that watering cans does not help pumpkin stems to grow but they help the pumpkin itself to appear faster. I water them 30 seconds singing to Jack Johnson and boy they helped alot. Also you need to have dirt or grass near the pumpkin stem so the pumpkin can actually grow. I don't think it grows on cobble or stone or whatever. My problem is that I always used up the flint and steel and I feel so bad for cheating in a piece of steel because I can't make any :(.

Ya Bro

Jul 29, 2019
This might of already been answered, but im struggling with nether quartz
I see that there is Normal Quartz ore added by "No nether Needed" but i cant find any while mining.,.

So whats the ore generation rate / depth ??
or is tehre another way to aquire nether quartz?
You have to travel like 1000 blocks away from the starting area then go mining.

Reactions: Lyrael

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
I am way past that problem cake :) just needed to make the farm in a cube and problem solved.
I said this before, I love this pack, but u guys r evil. Adding lava monsters. I almost piddled myself when I went down into the pit after starting a new world to see the changes and dang near ran face first into one. Almost didn't make it back up. I never jumped so fast trying to get out of there lol. Now I have to redo my whole starting strategy. Cause I usually keep a lava flow in my base for light. What's next? Digging zombies? Ender creepers? Lol

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've not seen that before! You mentioned a crash when you enter them. The log from the crash might help with diagnosis but it sounds like an issue with either your save or something specific with your computer :(
Oh, it doesn't crash for me, maybe the person that reported this strips before me.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I am way past that problem cake :) just needed to make the farm in a cube and problem solved.
I said this before, I love this pack, but u guys r evil. Adding lava monsters. I almost piddled myself when I went down into the pit after starting a new world to see the changes and dang near ran face first into one. Almost didn't make it back up. I never jumped so fast trying to get out of there lol. Now I have to redo my whole starting strategy. Cause I usually keep a lava flow in my base for light. What's next? Digging zombies? Ender creepers? Lol
I think the lava monsters spawn inside the lava right? Encase some lava in stone slabs I guess. I already had my base setup with magnum torches when that change hit.

It seems a bit of a harsh penalty but then the mobile lava light was too easy.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
A warning to other thaumcraft noobs like myself......

Don't break the redstone block over a node transducer, just don't!

Edit: oops I just noticed I am triple-posting, sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessFields

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Well yea, but it was just nicer to build a multi level base and pour lava straight through. Now I have to make a ton of glass to protect the base lol. No biggie but I still call them evil lol

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Has there been a change (that I missed) where witches no longer drop glowstone?

My powered witch spawner is running non-stop, but the amount of glowstone in my AE system is stuck at 300 something. And no, I am not using them for anything right now.

I went through the changelogs, but didn't see anything.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
May I please add a very important suggestion for the modpack? It's to install the mod "hardcore darkness". Because, seriously, if it weren't for the hostile shadows I'd be running around in the dark because I can technically still see. Hardcore darkness makes it so 0 light is actually no light, and makes it more realistic and challenging

purgury

Jul 29, 2019
Well the only problem I see with hard core darkness is seeing where u have to go. U could b trying to get a cube (like the Nether cube) and run into a giant hole while trying to escape unseen skeletons shooting at u from the dark, and since torches only light the block they r at. IMO this would kill the fun of the pack and make it into a rage pack. Now if it was an optional add for those who want an even more hardcore experience then that would b a good choice

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
... Where is this FML log that you are talking about, I'll try to find it if it's possible.

There's a logs folder inside wherever you've installed Obscurity. That differs depending on how you installed it (Curse Voice or FTB launcher) and what you chose when that happened.

For Curse Launcher you can see where it installs things by looking at Minecraft Install Location in the settings

upload_2015-9-2_19-9-55.png

Then go to that folder and look in Instances/Obscurity/logs.

For FTB you look in the options tab for the Install Folder

upload_2015-9-2_19-10-50.png

then go to that folder and look for Obscurity/logs

You might have slightly different paths if you renamed the profile or something but this should give you the general idea.

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone unlocked the quest lines "Darkness Falls" or "Shadowed Secrets"?
"Darkness Falls" will open when you've completed most of the other quests (No "Supplying The Masses" required). "Shadowed Secrets" is the cliffhanger ending that's coming soon ;)

Lyrael

Jul 29, 2019
Well the only problem I see with hard core darkness is seeing where u have to go. U could b trying to get a cube (like the Nether cube) and run into a giant hole while trying to escape unseen skeletons shooting at u from the dark, and since torches only light the block they r at. IMO this would kill the fun of the pack and make it into a rage pack. Now if it was an optional add for those who want an even more hardcore experience then that would b a good choice
It is an optional add on. You can download and install it if you choose ;) Of course that's not a supported configuration but it's always an option. That's the joy of modded minecraft!