Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone doing Let's Play on this? I finally got a spawn that didn't immediately kill me, and I'm doing a ghetto cobblestone hut that's floating over flowing water (hoping that'll stop siege mobs from mining out my floor). Got some turrets. Thinking of setting up some lava on the flanks.

I think my first siege is near, and I'm very interested to see some tips for surviving it. I'm doing pretty good on resources, but I'm so paranoid I'm not using any. :)

myself and Electric cake both are, There might be more by now but I don't know, mine starts on an older version so it might not be of much use to you but still, it's there anyway

(my signature leads straight to my channel)

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone doing Let's Play on this? I finally got a spawn that didn't immediately kill me, and I'm doing a ghetto cobblestone hut that's floating over flowing water (hoping that'll stop siege mobs from mining out my floor). Got some turrets. Thinking of setting up some lava on the flanks.

I think my first siege is near, and I'm very interested to see some tips for surviving it. I'm doing pretty good on resources, but I'm so paranoid I'm not using any. :)

Howdy SalmonMax! I ended up making an obsidian 'safe room' with a bunch of holes in it. In my experience the mobs will bridge both lava and running water at times, as well as digging in from above and below. Once you get a few good ranged combat spells life will become much easier. I restarted my Let's Play with a new world after the big version change that added Epic Siege Mobs, so you can find that world-restart here on youtube. I'd say there haven't been significant version changes since then, really. Little twiddly things, yes, but nothing that major.

I would recommend against turrets. They're fragile (you have to protect them somewhat) and they don't engage non-vanilla mobs in my experience. Just my two shekels. Good luck! :)

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I actually found yours last night, ElectricCake! I even emulated your design, albeit with the only building material I had available, cobble.

I'll be updating to the current version tonight, so hopefully I can get some obsidian without wrecking my lava lake.

That thing is AWESOME, by the way. It keeps spawning afrits. It's exactly far enough away they don't aggro though unless I get close. So it's like a Dark Power farm! I get close, aggro a couple, and back off to the water flow. Their fireballs are laughably impotent when they can't set me on fire. Then I kill them. Dark Power. Repeat.

Now that I figured out I can get AM2 spells even without a Compendium, it's even easier. I can snipe them from the door of my oubilette. They're far enough away they rarely aggro. Free Dark Power!

I've been at it long enough I think there's probably been a siege by now. I did have a porty creeper and a normal creeper ambush me, but I survived okay. I imagined hordes of zombies spawning all at once and suddenly converging on me, but it seems the actual event isn't quite so dramatic. :)

I think it may be because there's already a lot of hostile mobs around, separated behind walls/floors/etc...the cap still applies during siege days, yes?

That gives me a fun idea. Mob Box. Big obsidian box that's completely closed. Perfect mob spawning turf...but they can't get out. Eventually, inevitably, all possible hostile mobs will be in the box. No more will be able to spawn near me unless I get far enough from the box for them to despawn.

HMMM. Must get obsidian!

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I have managed with slab floor and stone brick walls to stop most spawns, but it cant stop phantoms, or the diggers, but I usually hear them coming, once you get set up with a few spells (snare is good) and decent armour the mobs are much less of a threat. The only turrets worth making are obsidian ones(needs nether fence so has to wait till you find a nether biome in the caves) they need placing so the mobs cant attack them directly, like on top of a wall.
Theres another guy aswell doing an LP, LanolinTV, he got a nasty spawn and is dying repeatedly, needs to restart as he's lost spells, but he's been trying to keep going, its tough to watch him making the same mistakes over and over, wish he'd put his chests in the air to keep em safe :)

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please add "Instance" file so this pack shows up in MultiMC?

(I simply copied one from Hubris and renamed stuff, seems to be working)

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
7oG1Ckv.png

Banished is missing instance.txt

Shouldn't there be this "instance" txt file in order so pack shows up in MultiMC? Or am I missing something?

Also, is it normal that this pack eats FPS like crazy? FPS drops are very noticeable when mining. (Mining FPS drops are no longer an issue, as I removed OptiFine). Water and maybe lava is causing massive fps issue though. Especially when it's random water pools in air..

Last edited:

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Banished is missing instance.txt

Shouldn't there be this "instance" txt file in order so pack shows up in MultiMC? Or am I missing something?

Only a few of the modded MC packs I have currently installed have an "instance" file like that...And those are the ones from the Curse downloader; I imagine it's a MultiMC launcher thing, not an inherent MC thing.

Unless Drastic has specifically said he's supporting MultiMC and releasing the modpack through it, this isn't "missing" any more than any other mod that he hasn't decided to include. A little googling reveals several tutorials on how to set up instances for MultiMC, so you'll have to set up MultiMC to work with it correctly on your system, at which point MultiMC should create an appropriate instance file.

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
uhh did anyone else lose emc values on most items that have crafting recipes when updating to 1.2.0? Have a lot of learned items with no values in my book such as colored wool, chests, tools, fuel and chests(ee3), nodes(aura cascade). Tried updating the ee3 folder with the one from the template with no luck. Fresh instance and new world still had missing values. Reverted the instance to 1.1.4 and suddenly all the missing values were back :confused:

AndyWan Ken

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any alternative way to get this pack? I don't have windows so the curse launcher isn't an option

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I will be releasing some bug fixes later in the week when time frees up. Has anyone had trouble finding moonstone/sunstone? Have you found atleast one of each?

Xellik

Jul 29, 2019
I will be releasing some bug fixes later in the week when time frees up. Has anyone had trouble finding moonstone/sunstone? Have you found atleast one of each?

I think I saw a sunstone on one of my hardcore worlds before I died, but I have never seen any moonstone :c

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.2.2
  • Can now vortex infuse sunstone and moon stone
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Aura Cascade
  • Updated Tainted Magic
  • Updated Automagy
  • Updated Mine and Battle Gear - Fixes certain server only crashes.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.2.2
  • Can now vortex infuse sunstone and moon stone
  • Updated Botania
  • Updated Aura Cascade
  • Updated Tainted Magic
  • Updated Automagy
  • Updated Mine and Battle Gear - Fixes certain server only crashes.

Latest Mine and Battle Gear I've confirmed fixes the server side only issue.
Also where are the server downloads going now?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't possible to leave the dimension. The quest book provides ways to obtain pearls

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
FTB devs, I don't care that Hubris is already listed, this pack deserves it just as much. In fact, it's the best pack I've ever seen. Couldn't really get into it, but that's only cause I'm a noob. :p But seriously, the "trapped in a cave world" thing is a genius idea, it gives you a limited environment for the quest book without doing another skyblock pack. Wild Caves makes it even better atmosphere-wise. Every mod has a quest line, making sure every non-core mod is put to use in some way. You also show off some amazing yet underrated mods that deserve to be in more packs. Silent Gems is something I got introduced to through this, and it's now something that I will most certainly add to my own modpack when I make it. Aura Cascade too; that mod has some extremely unique mechanics and deserves to see the spotlight. Again, PLEASE list this pack, it's just as good as (if not better than) Hubris, and I need to see it in the spotlight.

EDIT: Almost mentioned this to Watchful and then realized it would be a bad idea. :p

Last edited: