What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AgentDoubleOMartin

Jul 29, 2019
this may be a bug, but i've found a lot of pitchblende (almost 2 stacks) in a relatively small cave (the weirdest thing is that it was in a Plains biome)

pack: FTB infinity 1.10.1 (from curse) with dragonAPI, rotarycraft, reactorcraft, electricraft and chromaticraft added (changed some IDs around in the configs to fix ID conflicts)

Reactions: Plasmaboo

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
That's why Galacticraft added glowstone torches! Made the same as a normal torch, but with glowstone dust in place of coal in the recipe. They don't need oxygen for light.
They're super dim, though. It hurts to look at them. >_<
Imagine lighting a house with Redstone Torches.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
this may be a bug, but i've found a lot of pitchblende (almost 2 stacks) in a relatively small cave (the weirdest thing is that it was in a Plains biome)

pack: FTB infinity 1.10.1 (from curse) with dragonAPI, rotarycraft, reactorcraft, electricraft and chromaticraft added (changed some IDs around in the configs to fix ID conflicts)

My computer lagged from just reading that.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I learned that grass can apparently grow under lava. I'd dug out a hole, put in a lava bucket, and when I took it out later, there was grass at the bottom of the hole. It was either insanely lucky timing with a grass spread, or the grass spread while the hole had lava in it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what mod that is @Plasmaboo but the storage in a storage thing has always been possible, just causes issues and potentially world corruption from too much NBT in one spot. From what I remember there is also a set limit to the amount of times you can nest tags with NBT so that would be an issue too.

For my most recent cool discovery, Gany's End + Tinkers' Construct + AE2 is an awesome combination. Although it's really Gany's End that's the good one, it includes a new material with a special property after all that is insanely useful for mining. If you make a tool from endium, or with TiC any tool part is endium on creation, it will grant the tool the ability to bind itself to an inventory and all blocks mined or drops from mobs killed will teleport straight into that inventory instead of actually dropping. AE2 comes into it because the interface has the nifty property of counting as an inventory, so all three mods combined allow you to create TiC hammers that teleport all blocks mined straight into your ME system, it doesn't work across dimensions but it's still very useful as you can rebind with incredible ease.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I know. That's even in vanilla...
The mod is Router Reborn, and it's a storage unit, (yet another barrel thing) and that mod have the most amazing sorting block ever. Even AE2 isn't as good as a Router when it comes to route items...
You... You can't do that in vanilla. o_O
Tell me... How are you picking up your chests with contents intact? :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me... How are you picking up your chests with contents intact? :p
Pretty sure the creative pick block functionality can copy the contents of a chest if it's used on it. Not in survival though.
The mod is Router Reborn, and it's a storage unit, (yet another barrel thing) and that mod have the most amazing sorting block ever. Even AE2 isn't as good as a Router when it comes to route items...
Huh, I'd forgotten about that mod. I'll definitely be grabbing it though for my SSP world, particularly useful given I've got factorization.

koyetsu

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one i knew but just setup as a filter. using a JABBA barrel as an oreDict converter. specifically put yellorium in it, lock it, then pump uranium ingots in one side and pull out yellorium ingots on the other.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

koyetsu

Jul 29, 2019
oh and here is another thing i learned. Apparently mobs spawned via cursed earth do not have souls for my draconic sword to reap...mob souls worst thing ever to get...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So it's not that cool but the soul of the forgotten deity from XU is actually possible to get in survival, the interesting part though is just how absurdly unlikely it is to get. From what I can tell it has the chance to drop when any mob is killed by a player, what I know is that it is has a 1 in 43 million (9^8) chance of dropping, using the kikoku to kill them increases it tenfold to a mere 1 in 4.3million chance of dropping.

So that's my discovery, if you kill tens of millions of mobs you could actually get a soul of the forgotten deity to get an extra reinforced watering can.