Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I saw that, but there is no protection augment that I see. Also, I guess like other TiCo gear, the item has to be at full repair to augment. Tried to put moss on my chest item and it wouldn't take it.
It does take moss if you ARE at full repair, if that makes a difference. I think you also *might* be able to use an RF upgrade on them? I can't remember right now; if someone would try it out that'd be great. :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This might sound stupid, but since I don't use flux tools bear with me.

Can you combine flux with moss to get auto-recharge on TiCo tools? The idea seems hella broken but logical since flux replaces durability...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

Can you combine flux with moss to get auto-recharge on TiCo tools? The idea seems hella broken but logical since flux replaces durability...
I think you can put both on a tool, but my guess is that it more or less has no effect. The thing is, when you add flux, you now have TWO durability bars: a flux one, and an actual durability bar. The moss recharges the durability, which is used when flux is empty/not an existing modifer. When you have some RF charge, THAT gets used up; the original durability is ignored. So, you COULD have both (and it could even be useful if you REALLY like using one particular tool all the time), but you wouldn't be able to get RF from nothing (at least, not in that fashion. What do you think this is, vanilla? ;))

On the flip side, how were you planning on getting the RF OUT of the tool? :p

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

You can, if the pack your on has it, use a wireless charger to recharge your flux gear but moss only works on durability - the flux absorbs the damage that is normally done to the tool .. that's also why you can use the tool after its charge is gone but it takes damage ...which can be repaired via the moss ... but the tool still needs the RF to be recharged

Edit: just noticed the other similar reply ... oops

Edit 2: Not sure where the origin for the "getting RF out" is - but if its useful I think power suits allowed for the power from the suit to be used in the flux tools and the charge from tools flowed to the suit - not sure if there is any relevance.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You can, if the pack your on has it, use a wireless charger to recharge your flux gear but moss only works on durability - the flux absorbs the damage that is normally done to the tool .. that's also why you can use the tool after its charge is gone but it takes damage ...which can be repaired via the moss ... but the tool still needs the RF to be recharged

Edit: just noticed the other similar reply ... oops

Edit 2: Not sure where the origin for the "getting RF out" is - but if its useful I think power suits allowed for the power from the suit to be used in the flux tools and the charge from tools flowed to the suit - not sure if there is any relevance.
The Flux-Infused Jetplate from Simply Jetpacks (which is a jetpack and armor and a flux pack) as well as the flux packs from the same mod will recharge held tools if you wear the Jetplate or one of the flux packs in your chest slot.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I saw that, but there is no protection augment that I see. Also, I guess like other TiCo gear, the item has to be at full repair to augment. Tried to put moss on my chest item and it wouldn't take it.
News to me that they have to be fully repaired to add modifiers. How did you try to add the modifiers, crafting station/tool forge/tinker table/regular crafting? Tool Forge and Tinker Table should work and you actually have to use Tinker Table for some of the modifiers.

The only protection type modifiers are evasion for the chest piece and slimy soles for the boots although I prefer to use the feather falling with the wings over the slimy soles because feather fall slows you down at any height but slimy soles only keeps you unharmed slightly higher than normal.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
News to me that they have to be fully repaired to add modifiers. How did you try to add the modifiers, crafting station/tool forge/tinker table/regular crafting? Tool Forge and Tinker Table should work and you actually have to use Tinker Table for some of the modifiers.

The only protection type modifiers are evasion for the chest piece and slimy soles for the boots although I prefer to use the feather falling with the wings over the slimy soles because feather fall slows you down at any height but slimy soles only keeps you unharmed slightly higher than normal.

Tried to add moss in all crafting options including the tool forge, no go. Could tweaks be interfering with that?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
OK I may get into trouble asking this here but ... Does anyone know how to play on the same map that DW20 & Pahimar are playing on in Agrarian skies 2. I have the Launcher, I have the Pack & I have loaded each of the available maps, Default Platform, All that Remains, Myst_Plazas, Boni, Morvy Cottage & Sweet Reminiscence, None of them are THE map. Is there something I am missing or when they say you can play along are they being misleading.

I just want something to do while waiting for DW20 to catch up on the Let's Play series

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to add moss in all crafting options including the tool forge, no go. Could tweaks be interfering with that?
Do they actually have available modifiers without adding more when you have tweaks? If they have experience level I get why they wouldn't get the full 3 modifiers from the get-go. Then again if you have to level the armor by getting hit it's going to be a major pain. I'm only really using the legging part anyway, or was using before I got full terrasteel and angel ring instead. The armor rating on Tinker armor is misleading, they're actually only slightly better than leather.

Annoying_Anomaly

Jul 29, 2019
um... playing a 1.5 infinity server. changed my skin a few hours ago. Changes took hold on regular MC. Is there a longer wait time for ftb since it doesn't seem to be changing

iTzturrtlex

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this but is there any way to get buildcraft's mining wells to output to an itemduct, I want to use the fluctuating itemducts for my frame quarry because I don't have access to the sides. I'm using direwolf20 v1.7 pack. I heard about the buildcraft compat mod which makes this possible but it dosen't seem to be working. BTW its installed in the dw20 pack by default. I've also tried updating compat and buildcraft separately. Here is a screenshot, the problem is items don't eject into the ducts.
DvYTLs6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block with the stone slab texture? I want it for decorative purposes with my travel anchors but the painting machine only accepts blocks.