Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Not as far as I can tell, the painter just changes the color of the whole block for me. That and it's limited to changing the color only instead of mimicking a block like the painting machine or what I'm currently using microblocks for.
No, not the painter. I forget what it was called, but it looked like some kind of remote. You right-clicked a block with it, then right-clicked construction foam and it would take on the texture of the first block on that side. I remember doing brick on the outside and oak wood planks on the inside with it.

Reactions: Xavion

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No, not the painter. I forget what it was called, but it looked like some kind of remote. You right-clicked a block with it, then right-clicked construction foam and it would take on the texture of the first block on that side. I remember doing brick on the outside and oak wood planks on the inside with it.
Found it and it works thanks, it's called the Obscurator for anyone who cares, a bit of a pain in surprisingly hefty amounts of EU (5k per paint, 20k per copy) and construction foam is more bleh requiring multiple machines and a custom tool for something so simple. I'll go with that for now though, if anybody knows of another method that isn't quite so energy hungry it'd be nice, some secret carpenter's block trick or something.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Found it and it works thanks, it's called the Obscurator for anyone who cares, a bit of a pain in surprisingly hefty amounts of EU (5k per paint, 20k per copy) and construction foam is more bleh requiring multiple machines and a custom tool for something so simple. I'll go with that for now though, if anybody knows of another method that isn't quite so energy hungry it'd be nice, some secret carpenter's block trick or something.
There is a block, can't remember the mod but I know was in 1.6.4 DW20 pack, where a block could be made to look different from different views, it would stay the way it looked if you kept looking at it but if you looked away and looked from a different side it could look like something else, so 1 block could have 6 different textures.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block, can't remember the mod but I know was in 1.6.4 DW20 pack, where a block could be made to look different from different views, it would stay the way it looked if you kept looking at it but if you looked away and looked from a different side it could look like something else, so 1 block could have 6 different textures.
This was from qCraft, an educational mod designed to teach people about quantum physics; I think dan200 may have worked on it. It was a little glitchy, though, and I think it may have died. :(

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In keeping with my policy of asking lots of dumb AE questions, I have a dumb AE question.

Here I have a level emitter and an export bus. Again, everything here is Thaumic Energistics but should apply identically to regular AE.

The level emitter is emitting a redstone signal. The Export bus is supposed to activate when it receives a redstone signal. They don't talk around corners here it appears.

How do peeps elegantly get their signal from A to B in this scenario?

ae.jpg

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
A question on my part though, is there any mod other then microblocks that lets display different block textures on different sides of a block? Building something and the ability to display a different block on each side of a wall would be really useful and microblocks while they work have their own issues that make spamming them for something like walls a bit of a pain.

You should check out Malisis Doors' block mixer HERE

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In keeping with my policy of asking lots of dumb AE questions, I have a dumb AE question.

Here I have a level emitter and an export bus. Again, everything here is Thaumic Energistics but should apply identically to regular AE.

The level emitter is emitting a redstone signal. The Export bus is supposed to activate when it receives a redstone signal. They don't talk around corners here it appears.

How do peeps elegantly get their signal from A to B in this scenario?

View attachment 21413

I just extend the cable to form an "L" shape so the level emitter points directly into the bus.

Reactions: Pyure

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
So i am showing a new soul the wonderful world of minecraft, i made a FTB Lite 3 server to start with since he didtn have that many ram. Right now i am trying to add a few more mods and i noticed there is no marble on the list of craftable item. I thought that was a vanilla feature, how do i re-enable this ? (i asume it has been disabled somehow) Or maybe you know a mod i can download that has same kinda of marble options as the FTB Infinity pack.

Or maybe you have a third solution / idea instead , Thanks for your time :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So i am showing a new soul the wonderful world of minecraft, i made a FTB Lite 3 server to start with since he didtn have that many ram. Right now i am trying to add a few more mods and i noticed there is no marble on the list of craftable item. I thought that was a vanilla feature, how do i re-enable this ? (i asume it has been disabled somehow) Or maybe you know a mod i can download that has same kinda of marble options as the FTB Infinity pack.

Or maybe you have a third solution / idea instead , Thanks for your time :)

vMC doesn't add it, but Chisel does.

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
vMC doesn't add it, but Chisel does.

Thank you very much. Do you by chance know how new resources gets generated in a allready existing world where new mods gets added ? Or do i need to remake a world ? i am guessing it gets generated in never explored chunks. But not entirely sure. So rare i add extra mods :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thank you very much. Do you by chance know how new resources gets generated in a allready existing world where new mods gets added ? Or do i need to remake a world ? i am guessing it gets generated in never explored chunks. But not entirely sure. So rare i add extra mods :)

It'll generate in any newly created chunks. No need to restart the world.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
It'll generate in any newly created chunks. No need to restart the world.

Thanks again. So that gave me another question. What if i add biomes o plenty mod ? That would require a new world right ? ..... We are having insane hard time finding desert biome right as it is now haha.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thanks again. So that gave me another question. What if i add biomes o plenty mod ? That would require a new world right ? ..... We are having insane hard time finding desert biome right as it is now haha.

That'll also take effect in new chunks. You can make a new world to see the effects instantly and avoid weird world gen between old and new chunks, but it isn't necessary.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thanks, you rule . Have a nice day ! :cool:

Actually, quick correction. I may be wrong on BoP. I think you have to set the world gen to BoP, so unless you can somehow change that mid world you will need a new one. Sorry about that, I forgot about the world gen options.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
As a point Chisel does not add a way to craft marble, it adds ways to craft diorite, andesite, and granite but not marble for some reason.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
As @Ocker said, you "enchant" them the same way as with other TiCo tools. The list of modifiers, rather unintuitively, is in the FIRST (tan) Materials and You book. It's near the back.
Not on Infinity so maybe someone has a better answer, but I will give you my thoughts in case it helps

Upgrades to Tinkers Construct are normally done on the Tool Forge adding Quarts, redstone, lapis, batteries, etc. Also there are (at least in DW20 pack) 3 books that provide instructions that are usually pretty good. I think they are given at the start or on progression but can be crafted fairly easily.

Yes, I saw that, but there is no protection augment that I see. Also, I guess like other TiCo gear, the item has to be at full repair to augment. Tried to put moss on my chest item and it wouldn't take it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja