Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that won't go in the chest, but regular dyed paint balls will

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Actually did not even notice there are 2 types - the lumens don't even have an NEI recipe for me.

I am wondering if this may be a compatibility option for another mod maybe

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I would usually look in NEI to see what cards are available - which pack are you on?

Edit: It looks like your accessing the "essentia import bus" ... this is not available to me yet on the pack I'm on .... I would say something to do with how it handles essentia
Yeah, I mentioned the Thaumic Energistics thing.

Maybe this functionality just isn't implemented yet. When I look at youtube videos, those slots aren't there.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Actually did not even notice there are 2 types - the lumens don't even have an NEI recipe for me.

I am wondering if this may be a compatibility option for another mod maybe
It's possible, it's 8 dyed paint balls in a square with a glow stone dust in the center. I had theories but none worked so I thought I'd ask

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe this functionality just isn't implemented yet. When I look at youtube videos, those slots aren't there.

I know DW20 has been playing around with this stuff on Agrarian Skies, but I have not seen these slots used yet, so if it is implemented it will likely be seen there soon or on the Forgecraft series when he gets to thaumcraft

Reactions: Pyure

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible, it's 8 dyed paint balls in a square with a glow stone dust in the center. I had theories but none worked so I thought I'd ask

Found it and a use for them if use is the right word - Matter cannon - loads same way as the colour applicator but it can use the lumen. (I am end game and have loads of resourses so I made one just for the sake of it)

It does not do much, could not even kill a creeper with 4 shots, also the cannon can use either but the cannon has to say that it is empty before you can change one to the other - this does not work work the applicator

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Can someone tell me what the circled "upgrade" slots do on an Applied Energistics import bus?

This is technically a Thaumic Energistics version, but I checked and they're in both.

I tried putting some Capacity upgrades in those slots, and they didn't do anything there.

View attachment 21384

I'm running the latest version of both of those mods and I don't have that. What pack are you on?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

I wonder if this is an abandoned feature - I found a similar slot setup on this video
titled Thermic Energistics Intergration, 30 min in it shows an arcane assembler with 5 slots vertical (not 4) and the 3x3 but this video is 6 month old.

Edit: Forgot the video inserted - the video is not greatly planned but I think (eventually) he covers most features

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, stupid question here..

Running Infinity v1.8.2. Now here's a silly thing, I've never actually made the TiCo armor before, and I thought I would give it a shot. How do you get TiCo gear enchanted? The wings (leg armor) and chest don't work in an enchanting table, and I can't see any "augments" (like adding redstone to the glove) for adding protection.

What am I missing?

Edit: Should mention I'm using Iguana Tinker Tweaks 1.7.10-2.15

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Running Infinity v1.8.2. Now here's a silly thing, I've never actually made the TiCo armor before, and I thought I would give it a shot. How do you get TiCo gear enchanted? The wings (leg armor) and chest don't work in an enchanting table, and I can't see any "augments" (like adding redstone to the glove) for adding protection.

What am I missing?

Not on Infinity so maybe someone has a better answer, but I will give you my thoughts in case it helps

Upgrades to Tinkers Construct are normally done on the Tool Forge adding Quarts, redstone, lapis, batteries, etc. Also there are (at least in DW20 pack) 3 books that provide instructions that are usually pretty good. I think they are given at the start or on progression but can be crafted fairly easily.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

What am I missing?

As @Ocker said, you "enchant" them the same way as with other TiCo tools. The list of modifiers, rather unintuitively, is in the FIRST (tan) Materials and You book. It's near the back.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I notice in that video posted by @Ocker that he's using a similar texture pack to mine. Maybe the texture pack is somehow picking up the slots. Can't see how that's possible, but I've seen weirder things.
Then if you suspect it's a texture pack issue have you tried disabling it and seeing if they change? Because that would be my first idea.

A question on my part though, is there any mod other then microblocks that lets display different block textures on different sides of a block? Building something and the ability to display a different block on each side of a wall would be really useful and microblocks while they work have their own issues that make spamming them for something like walls a bit of a pain.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Then if you suspect it's a texture pack issue have you tried disabling it and seeing if they change? Because that would be my first idea.

A question on my part though, is there any mod other then microblocks that lets display different block textures on different sides of a block? Building something and the ability to display a different block on each side of a wall would be really useful and microblocks while they work have their own issues that make spamming them for something like walls a bit of a pain.
EnderIO has a painter that can do that.

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make the painting machine do that? Because I'm looking but I can't find anything to let it paint different sides with different blocks.
Oh, dang. Does IC2 still have its item to let you disguise construction foam? I remember using that back in Unleashed (1.5.2); it could do each side separately.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, dang. Does IC2 still have its item to let you disguise construction foam? I remember using that back in Unleashed (1.5.2); it could do each side separately.
Not as far as I can tell, the painter just changes the color of the whole block for me. That and it's limited to changing the color only instead of mimicking a block like the painting machine or what I'm currently using microblocks for.