Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It would be an incredibly helpful feature, regardless of the server size.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Spam a bunch of empty lines.
That wouldn't really be clearing it tho :p Was the first thing I thought of, but really pointless imo.

Well at least the most recent scrollback when you press T will be gone.
But I don't really see how this would be useful serverside
If it's still accessible I don't really see how it's useful at all :p

I just wanted for my private server i play on with my friends, sometimes we get spammy and when i hit t i get annoyed seeing all the words.
Rather tell your friends to shut up than me spending work doing this when nobody will ever use it ;). If I was making a chat mod, which had a client side too, I would consider it a good idea, because sometimes it's useful to clear chat, however when you just not want to read what your friends just typed, that's kinda pointless. Anyways, I don't plan on making this big, or client side, or anything really. I don't have the time for that, Other mods and projects have priority. It was supposed to be a simple server mod that shows me and my players whos new.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Not if you spam enough lines. The scrollback only goes 150 or so lines back.
still a hacky solution IMO, much less hacky than just clearing the buffer, the Chat must be storing it somehow, so their should be a way of clearing it; however, it may require reflection...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Guys... remember me?
I will be trying to update all my mods to 1.8 <3

You might want to wait for 1.9. Apparently one of the real annoying changes to 1.8 is going to be yanked. Block check something or another. I don't know for sure you should probaly ask around. It's something I heard in passing and it came from third hand sources to boot.

Reactions: xbony2

Rongmario

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to wait for 1.9. Apparently one of the real annoying changes to 1.8 is going to be yanked. Block check something or another. I don't know for sure you should probaly ask around. It's something I heard in passing and it came from third hand sources to boot.
ty, I'll ask around, still got a few contacts (xbony i'm looking at you, and you MineMaarten)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Word on the gravel road is that he's been too busy to play with XYcraft. That being said, he's supposedly return to it in the fall.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently its not a big deal and pretty normal to see a post like "I’ve decided to turn RedPower into a standalone game, based on a custom engine." from your favorite mc modder after 3 years of silence.

She mentioned she was doing that before. She decided to do that rather than raise a stink about all the redpower clones. A good decision I think.

Rongmario

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently its not a big deal and pretty normal to see a post like "I’ve decided to turn RedPower into a standalone game, based on a custom engine." from your favorite mc modder after 3 years of silence.
Pretty sure she announced when I was gone (which is around 1 year ago when RP alternatives came out like BluePower)