T42 [x64] Texture Pack

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack again with more textures. Finished up the ExtraBiomes Mod and started in on more Thaumcraft textures. Here is a look at the Thaumcraft Obsidian Totems:

Ob4kbym.png
Those are going to give me nightmares.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to retexture apiaries? Other than that everything is solid. :D

Apiaries, bees and the beealyzer, and the treealyzer?

Edit: Unfortunately the pack is so... dark. I've decided to go with original MC textures for now I guess. :[

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to retexture apiaries? Other than that everything is solid. :D

Apiaries, bees and the beealyzer, and the treealyzer?
Yes. I'm still actively working on adding textures to the pack as I go through the various mods.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Sweet, I used your textures in Tekkit, and still have some of them in my personal texture pack (a mix of various packs and my own cobbled together work). I'll be able to replace some of the lower res textures with these now.

Matthew Taylor

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with the pack for about a day now and loving it but i think the redstone looks abit plain any plans on changing it? If not thats fine but thought i would put my 2 cent forward

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with the pack for about a day now and loving it but i think the redstone looks abit plain any plans on changing it? If not thats fine but thought i would put my 2 cent forward
Thanks for the feedback. :) Are you referring to the Redstone Ore, the Redstone item or the Redstone graphic when placing it on the ground?

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
More textures have been added in to my T42 FTB pack...

Updates:
ThaumCraft
- Infernal Furnace
- Magical Building Block
- Writing Feather
- Scribing Tool
- Cauldron
- Marker
- Wand
- Thaumometer
- Amber Item
- Tallow Item
- Magical Cloth Item
- Knowledge Fragment

Forestry
- Planks
- Wood logs

XyCraft
- Corn Stalk
- Henequen plant
- Henequen Seeds
- Henequen Leaf
- Corn Cob
- Twine

And here is a picture of some Thaumcraft 3 stuff...
E1lsp5z.jpg

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Few things with latest update:

SS_Core file is 4 meg. If I resave it, it shrinks down to the more expected size of 350kb.

The arcane stone block texture is 1 pixel shifted to the left

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Few things with latest update:

SS_Core file is 4 meg. If I resave it, it shrinks down to the more expected size of 350kb.

The arcane stone block texture is 1 pixel shifted to the left

Thanks for the heads up. Uploaded a new version with those things fixed as well as some new textures...

Updates:
IC2
- added in additional reactor components
- Color change to bronze ingot

Forestry
- Peat
- Apatite Item
- Apatite Ore
- Fertilizer
- Ingots
- Gears
- Propolis
- Cherry
- Sturdy Casing

ThaumCraft
- Fixed Magical Block being off by one pixel
- Fixed issue with large file size of ss_core.png file

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Another round of updates to the pack and this time I've finished up the IC2 Charge Pads Mod. See below for full list of updates.

UFC4TQJ.png

Updates:

XyCraft
- Block/Plate/Platform/Shield Blocks

Forestry
- Bags

MystCraft
- Lectern
- Placed Book object

Charge Pads
- Charge pads
- Upgrades/Modules
- GUI

Thermal Expansion
- Various Item Textures

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad, not bad at all.. I'll try this out for a while... I absolutely don't like the look of diamonds but hey...

keep up the good work! :)

Not sure how hard it would be but some higher resolution packs would be awesome although I like the fact that this pack looks good and has good performance ingame (contrary to say sphax which causes a lot of stuttering).

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the work you've done here. But I will be honest - the only reason I'm not currently using it is the inventory GUI. The brick-thing texture background is .. eye-crossing. It only seems to show up in main inventory and wooden chests, but it stands out even more as other interfaces don't suffer the same cross-hatched fate.

JS+TR fell victim to this symptom too; epic world textures, abysmal GUIs (in their case, stubbornly insisting that transparency isn't total crap). Since we spend a considerable amount of time in our inventories, crafting grids, and recipe pages ... I beg texture makers to just keep them clean, simple, and easy on the eyes. Your font and stacked-item textures follow this rule well - don't muddy them up with a background pattern. Awesome work otherwise, truly.

Reactions: AlanEsh

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the work you've done here. But I will be honest - the only reason I'm not currently using it is the inventory GUI. The brick-thing texture background is .. eye-crossing. It only seems to show up in main inventory and wooden chests, but it stands out even more as other interfaces don't suffer the same cross-hatched fate.

JS+TR fell victim to this symptom too; epic world textures, abysmal GUIs (in their case, stubbornly insisting that transparency isn't total crap). Since we spend a considerable amount of time in our inventories, crafting grids, and recipe pages ... I beg texture makers to just keep them clean, simple, and easy on the eyes. Your font and stacked-item textures follow this rule well - don't muddy them up with a background pattern. Awesome work otherwise, truly.

I really appreciate this feedback as I've been a bit concerned with the UI's I've started working on. My latest plan was to back track from those UI's and simply keep the standard UI color schemes but just make them a bit smoother and higher definition. Thanks for the feedback and the confirmation of my current plans. :)

Reactions: AlanEsh