[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Good Lord, all that uproar because of some snow. Look, it's simple: Drastic wanted to give players an easy and simple access to snow so they can make the first AM2 spell. Not everyone who starts with the pack knows of those witchery snowbells, they need to be grown (and players are more likely to grow wheat and such earlygame), it is a random drop from grass, AND the taint quickly destroys all grass. And players are impatient too, so they will forget all about AM2 and do something else. And don't get here with "but you need to kill skeletons to get bones", because you only need to punch one of those gravestones to get easy access to zombie flesh (monster jerky!) and bones.

Also, atleast im not the only one with the questbook problem. I will ask the server owner, thanks.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a problem with the snowball recipe at all. Mainly for the reason that while it's easy for us as players to nitpick a point like that, the guy writing all those quests is putting in a huge amount of time and effort to get it done. Are there different ways to do things? Sure. He could have made you reference the witchery quests and get started on that route to get snowballs. Or made a recipe that seemed more 'magical'. But i'm not going to get hung up over something like that. It's not a flaw, just a different way to solve a problem. At the time, who knows if he even had witchery in the pack when he was thinking up the Ars2 quests?

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
Good Lord, all that uproar because of some snow. Look, it's simple: Drastic wanted to give players an easy and simple access to snow so they can make the first AM2 spell. Not everyone who starts with the pack knows of those witchery snowbells, they need to be grown (and players are more likely to grow wheat and such earlygame), it is a random drop from grass, AND the taint quickly destroys all grass. And players are impatient too, so they will forget all about AM2 and do something else. And don't get here with "but you need to kill skeletons to get bones", because you only need to punch one of those gravestones to get easy access to zombie flesh (monster jerky!) and bones..

There are gravestones to punch? I haven't explored far and wide in my world to find any and I concentrated on developing a livable area first. By then no skeletons were spawning and bones were precious and few. I used bones for bonemeal to make grass to get some seeds (and for mutandis to get some other witchery plants). By the time i got around to starting my AM stuff I already had the snowbell seeds. But more than one way to skin a cat right?

I was hoping the mob tower I built would start to net me skeletons and zombies for loot but alas tis empty and I will have to figure out another way to get drops. My mob trap tower is in an ocean biome. Could that be the cause of my woe?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure mobs still spawn in ocean biome. But different rules for different packs.

One thing I'm finding in the pack is that exploring and dealing with a few mobs early on has some nice advantages. Even the first level of a rogue dungeon has a good deal of loot. Plus lots of bread, torches, bone, string and other mundane items that are so useful early on in Hubris.

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Or did you see snow anywhere?

I assume my critical error with the questbook comes from making the blood magic ritual deviner "fuzzy"... would it help if recrafted it?
IMO the problem is a simple conflict between server and client version of the pack, like 1.3.1 client connecting on 1.3.0 server (it's possble just did it and got the freeze issue with questbook )
Just consider downgrading your client till an update is done on your server :)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
When we launched the 1.31 server last night before streaming our many deaths, we noticed a conflict with botania versions in 1.31 sever and client versions. Quick fix to adjust the server version and we ran off die horribly.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
The server my boyfriend runs has a world border of 7500, a radius of 7500, and I did manage to only find the one snow biome so far. I'll agree, it is def. not common. I agree that snow is needed early game, but planting some snowbells is hardly mid-game. You can find snowbell seeds in a matter of seconds. I feel the bonemeal to snow recipe is indeed rather unneccsary.

As for the questbook issue you mentioned, a few of the players on our server were talking about issues with the questbook freezing their game, two players have mentioned re-downloading the pack and the issue went away. An annoying fix because it doesn't exactly identify the problem, but a fix nonetheless. Maybe you should try it? o:

Happy Taint Clearing~

My friend was having the same game freezing problem when opening the quest book on my server also. Turns out his client was updated to the most recent version, but my server wasn't yet. We fixed this by simply updating the server to 1.3.1

EbeneezerSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Last few days I've been having a problem updating... Getting the following error:
Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/Hubris/1_3_1/Hubris.zip
Error while downloading modpack: java.lang.Exception: Modpack download failed
Tried changing my Download Location under advanced options in the FTB launcher with no change, still tries to download from "cursecdn" and fails.

Raverist

Jul 29, 2019
What use does the Artifacts Mod's Manaescence stuff have? All I see from it is that you can imbue it with tool/armour materials, but I've tried a few things and nothing happens.

Additionally, do artifact armour pieces get repaired using their related materials on them with an anvil, such as an iron chestplate using iron and whatnot?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
What use does the Artifacts Mod's Manaescence stuff have? All I see from it is that you can imbue it with tool/armour materials, but I've tried a few things and nothing happens.

Additionally, do artifact armour pieces get repaired using their related materials on them with an anvil, such as an iron chestplate using iron and whatnot?
Your questions are more related than you think surrah. The manaescence you get from shoving a piece of armor in your crafting grid is what you use to repair that same armor, with an extra step for specific types of materials. (This took me forever to google search when I first wondered what to do with the stuff, mod maker needs to make a wiki or in game tutorial yo.) As far as I know it does absolutely nothing else, which kinda sucks, since I get so many of the armors off mobs drops as is, and stopped using them once I hit mage armor.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Last few days I've been having a problem updating... Getting the following error:

Tried changing my Download Location under advanced options in the FTB launcher with no change, still tries to download from "cursecdn" and fails.

I got that as well for a day and a half. Working now

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
Your questions are more related than you think surrah. The manaescence you get from shoving a piece of armor in your crafting grid is what you use to repair that same armor, with an extra step for specific types of materials. (This took me forever to google search when I first wondered what to do with the stuff, mod maker needs to make a wiki or in game tutorial yo.) As far as I know it does absolutely nothing else, which kinda sucks, since I get so many of the armors off mobs drops as is, and stopped using them once I hit mage armor.
You can also make a laser pointer or something like that, that you can place on the side of a block. It fire a laser that detect mobs and player and emit a redstone signal like a tripwire hook would do, but without string and more visible
It's cheap to make, something like 6 stone or cobblestone, 1 mana-essence, 1 redstone, and a glass panel.

Ulfari

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog for 1.3.2:
  • Snow now requires one nether star and one dragon egg through an extremely dangerous infusion on the Thaumcraft infusion altar.
Too ambiguous, are you talkink about snow block or snowball ? Because it's quite simple for a block ...

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how Artifacts mod disbalanced in this pack. I played with them in Madpack 2, but monster`s power scaling in time and artifacts can help a bit.
Here you have about 100% drop 1 random artifact from rare and unique mobs, and from dungeon chest too. With full set of +2.5 HP diamond artifacts you can kill Wither easily. Disable this mod if you want interesting gameplay through spells without temptation of OP gear drops.