[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Siiiighhhh.
I just found out that the Spectre dimension apparently follows some of the rules of nether lava. SOME of them.
Specifically, that lava flows faster there, but not farther. Which means the vanilla method of making smooth stone and placing it in the world doesn't work, because the lava supersedes the water when it comes to what spreads to a block first.
Which means that these;
Don't work at all beyond the first stone block, because once the pistons retract the lava flows down first, turning the water to cobblestone one block to the side of where I need whatever-stone to be, blocking water flow and making the whole contraption useless.

And as far as I know, there isn't a modded way in this pack to make smooth stone automatically, beyond a complicated furnace/thaumic extruder/golems to move items/rannuncarpus setup, which is not preffered since that's space in a dimension that has so little already.

This is specifically to automate the orechid, so does anyone have an idea as to what I can use instead to generate smooth stone or do this differnetly?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Siiiighhhh.
I just found out that the Spectre dimension apparently follows some of the rules of nether lava. SOME of them.
Specifically, that lava flows faster there, but not farther. Which means the vanilla method of making smooth stone and placing it in the world doesn't work, because the lava supersedes the water when it comes to what spreads to a block first.
[...]

Don't work at all beyond the first stone block, because once the pistons retract the lava flows down first, turning the water to cobblestone one block to the side of where I need whatever-stone to be, blocking water flow and making the whole contraption useless.

And as far as I know, there isn't a modded way in this pack to make smooth stone automatically, beyond a complicated furnace/thaumic extruder/golems to move items/rannuncarpus setup, which is not preffered since that's space in a dimension that has so little already.

This is specifically to automate the orechid, so does anyone have an idea as to what I can use instead to generate smooth stone or do this differnetly?

Why are you so hellbend on making one in the spectre dimension, anyway? Why not make it in the overworld?

The problem with the questbook freezing java persist.

EDIT: Does anyone know the specifics of the blood magic demon invasion? More precisely, if i make an one layer dirt plateau in the ocean, will that be enough?

Last edited:

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Why on earth is there no mirco blocks in this pack?!?!?! >.<
Drasticcccc, fix it! :c I want to build pretty things, and the multipart mod is necessary for survivall!! :c

<3

Reactions: Lethosos

benten2000

Jul 29, 2019
Mine (version 1.3.1 single player) keeps crashing when looking through the mod list in NEI.
When the cursor gets to it seem EnderStorage the game closes with this error:

[A fatal error has occured, this connection has been terminated]

Then it for some reason it goes to the Play Multiplayer window. If try to load the singler player again it instantly does the same error.
Only fixable if close Minecraft down completely but will happen again if I go near EnderStorage option.

fhenrer

Jul 29, 2019
trisscar could you just put two pistons under the lava so it has to go down two blocks? I know this pack has sticky redstone

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Or did you see snow anywhere?

I assume my critical error with the questbook comes from making the blood magic ritual deviner "fuzzy"... would it help if recrafted it?

I got snow snowbell seeds pretty early on. I think a 10/10/10 will net you 4 snowballs a harvest.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Or did you see snow anywhere?

I assume my critical error with the questbook comes from making the blood magic ritual deviner "fuzzy"... would it help if recrafted it?

I actually have found a lovely taint biome covered in snow, on the server I play on anyways. o: Might not be a single player thing. o:

Dracathio

Jul 29, 2019
I'll ask again.

Are there any configurations, plugins, or extra server side mods that May fix the soulbound enchant issue where you lose your soulbound items to the void when you die in dimensions that aren't overworld.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
trisscar could you just put two pistons under the lava so it has to go down two blocks? I know this pack has sticky redstone

Ooh, interesting. I might be able to indeed, though the timing might be odd.... Repeaters ftw? :)

Why are you so hellbent on making one in the spectre dimension, anyway? Why not make it in the overworld?

The problem with the questbook freezing java persist.

EDIT: Does anyone know the specifics of the blood magic demon invasion? More precisely, if i make an one layer dirt plateau in the ocean, will that be enough?

Partly because I have all my storage in Spectre for safety, and partly because I can. ;)
As to the demon town, I think it follows the lay of the land, so if it reaches the edge of that platform, it'll dip into the water and the ocean floor. Though tbh I'd suggest throwing it in the end instead. That way you can just put it on an island of end stone and control how far it spreads, even if you leave it on forever.

I'll ask again.

Are there any configurations, plugins, or extra server side mods that May fix the soulbound enchant issue where you lose your soulbound items to the void when you die in dimensions that aren't overworld.
Dude, calm down yo. First, it appears to be a bug, and a recent one at that, so no mods are likely to appear for it. Second, Ars Magica 2 is currently uncurated, so any fixes are unlikely to be part of an update till someone takes it on.
This may be something that'll have to be dealt with, whether by spawning in copies of items that currently have soulbound and throwing the old ones away, or just never going to a different dimension with them in your inventory, ever.

Dracathio

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, calm down yo. First, it appears to be a bug, and a recent one at that, so no mods are likely to appear for it. Second, Ars Magica 2 is currently uncurated, so any fixes are unlikely to be part of an update till someone takes it on.
This may be something that'll have to be dealt with, whether by spawning in copies of items that currently have soulbound and throwing the old ones away, or just never going to a different dimension with them in your inventory, ever.

Thank you, and sorry had a Stressful day; been trying to figure out a work around for this since a main member of my small group quit a few days ago because of this glitch. I guess this means I'll have to find a fix for this issue or find someone who can make a fix for it. Thank you again Trisscar, and again my apologies.

Another note, glitches like this are the reason very few pack developers if any at all put AM2 into their packs any more. Never had this issue in Magic World 2.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I got snow snowbell seeds pretty early on. I think a 10/10/10 will net you 4 snowballs a harvest.

The thing is that the very first spell (atleast arcording to the questbook) needs an snowball (projectile). Thats why drastic implemented that.

I actually have found a lovely taint biome covered in snow, on the server I play on anyways. o: Might not be a single player thing. o:

Well, in a 6000x6000 field - server and singleplayer - i didn't find a single piece of snow.

It is quite problematic if im the only one with an problem, that problem doesn't produce something documentable and that problem is causing a freeze.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that the very first spell (atleast arcording to the questbook) needs an snowball (projectile). Thats why drastic implemented that.

Well, in a 6000x6000 field - server and singleplayer - i didn't find a single piece of snow.

It is quite problematic if im the only one with an problem, that problem doesn't produce something documentable and that problem is causing a freeze.

Snow is really easy to get. Snowball plant>snow golem> shovel> infinite snow

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
You can also make snow balls from bone meal. It's a 1->1 craft, check it out in NEI.
I was more pointing it out in hopes that this would change as I don't really agree with bonemeal to Snow without at least some magic. Bone is calcium snow is water

Reactions: shade_of_ox

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
How do you go to the end? Do you have to use the end portal frames in the wood structures at the ocean?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I was more pointing it out in hopes that this would change as I don't really agree with bonemeal to Snow without at least some magic. Bone is calcium snow is water
both are white! it's sympathetic magic

I played for a few days on a server, which I'm guessing is set on normal difficulty, possibly easy. Tonite Dez and I fired up a new server and put it on hard. Much more enjoyable. We had so many deaths. Finally found a village for a bit of food, and it had a Twilight portal. And the puppies were waiting for us!!. Nice touch. We each had a dozen deaths to dogs before we got a small base established in a tree and our oddball collection of army and trinkets back from our graves. I like the rewards for killing mobs, exploring, and hitting dungeons. We're going to try and live out of the Twilight and make forays back to the real world exploring and hitting dungeons.

I was quite happy to see the dogs in the Twilight. It would have been too easy if TF was a safe spot.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019

The server my boyfriend runs has a world border of 7500, a radius of 7500, and I did manage to only find the one snow biome so far. I'll agree, it is def. not common. I agree that snow is needed early game, but planting some snowbells is hardly mid-game. You can find snowbell seeds in a matter of seconds. I feel the bonemeal to snow recipe is indeed rather unneccsary.

As for the questbook issue you mentioned, a few of the players on our server were talking about issues with the questbook freezing their game, two players have mentioned re-downloading the pack and the issue went away. An annoying fix because it doesn't exactly identify the problem, but a fix nonetheless. Maybe you should try it? o:

Happy Taint Clearing~

Reactions: NoElement