[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
You are the most communicable modpack dev i ever seen.
I like making sure the players of my pack understand where I'm coming from on my decisions, and it helps me make a better pack to hear criticisms, concerns, ideas, etc. =)

Reactions: Pudding01

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Well. @Caigan thanks for this, unless it was an accident. Know those blind bags? Apparently, one of the Extra Utilities ones has the chance for a Nether Star Generator. An x64 compacted one. So yeah. My day is made, and I've just started into the epic bags I've had lying around. Over a dozen more left of those, and over a dozen legendaries. Did I ever mention that I adore these blind bags? Because I adore these blind bags.

EDIT: And now a block of bedrockium, this is bloody amazing. Welp, now I can't put off that dynamism tablet so's I can turbocharge my coal/diamond farm (bedrockium for the reinforced watering can, if it's not clear, and the coal is to power the autocraftering setup and Progressive Automation harvester; I also got a soul shard or whatever it is from a blind bag ages ago, so that's also super nifty). Seriously, though, I love how the top tiers of blind bags feel. Plus, they seem weighted/distributed right so that I don't feel like I'm getting tons of stuff I shouldn't be. Like, I'm getting the occasional "holy balls this is glorious" thing, but it's not too often and it still feels rare enough.
I'd suggest uncrafting that x64 nether star generator into x8 ones, the maximum output of generators is lower than what it makes per tick. I think they can output 100,000rf/t/side, and the nether star x64 makes 2.56million rf/t. Also y'know, then you have unstable ingot blocks for days.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well. @Caigan thanks for this, unless it was an accident. Know those blind bags? Apparently, one of the Extra Utilities ones has the chance for a Nether Star Generator. An x64 compacted one. So yeah. My day is made, and I've just started into the epic bags I've had lying around. Over a dozen more left of those, and over a dozen legendaries. Did I ever mention that I adore these blind bags? Because I adore these blind bags.

EDIT: And now a block of bedrockium, this is bloody amazing. Welp, now I can't put off that dynamism tablet so's I can turbocharge my coal/diamond farm (bedrockium for the reinforced watering can, if it's not clear, and the coal is to power the autocraftering setup and Progressive Automation harvester; I also got a soul shard or whatever it is from a blind bag ages ago, so that's also super nifty). Seriously, though, I love how the top tiers of blind bags feel. Plus, they seem weighted/distributed right so that I don't feel like I'm getting tons of stuff I shouldn't be. Like, I'm getting the occasional "holy balls this is glorious" thing, but it's not too often and it still feels rare enough.

I've had a few great bag experiences, Resonant Jetpack and a Beacon I didnt have to work for. Fun times all round :D

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest uncrafting that x64 nether star generator into x8 ones, the maximum output of generators is lower than what it makes per tick. I think they can output 100,000rf/t/side, and the nether star x64 makes 2.56million rf/t. Also y'know, then you have unstable ingot blocks for days.

Ooh, nifty, I might just do that. After I make sure it counts for that quest that requires the 64x generators, of course.

Side question, does anyone know if the Forbidden Magic nether star block is accepted by those generators? I don't ever plan to do that, I don't think, but I'd still like to know.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS PACK.

Seriously though, this looks awesome.

Here's some advice. Use your first few blind bags to hopefully help you through the beginning resource shortage, but once you start really getting into the questlines, hoard all those bags and open them all at once, it's glorious. That said, have tons of storage ready. I'd also recommend the overseer bauble-thing from Botania, it's great for figuring out which of the dozen or so chests has that random chisel block you just got more of. (Also, @Caigan , I'd maybe make a blurb about it helping with sorting storage in the quest you've got it in.)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Here's some advice. Use your first few blind bags to hopefully help you through the beginning resource shortage, but once you start really getting into the questlines, hoard all those bags and open them all at once, it's glorious. That said, have tons of storage ready. I'd also recommend the overseer bauble-thing from Botania, it's great for figuring out which of the dozen or so chests has that random chisel block you just got more of. (Also, @Caigan , I'd maybe make a blurb about it helping with sorting storage in the quest you've got it in.)

Will do ;).

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan the Botania quest to make your head doesn't seem to want to work (that may be because he questbook has the item it wants as "Caigan's head" and your username starts with a lowercase c instead); I've tried both Botania-created heads (the recipe for which won't show up in NEI despite having unlocked Alfheim knowledge) and the Headcrumbs heads.

Also, I'm having issues finding any sunflowers for the sunny quartz for another one of the Botania quests.

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone who is kinda new to the thread, I do have the opening of 25 of each tier of BB in my videos in my signature! Check it out if you'd like to, I'm new at the Youtube thing but hey it works.

arrrrik

Jul 29, 2019
So I've found a thing and I'm not sure if it's a bug...or just not implemented yet. I'll post in spoiler tags though as it concerns DE.

My friend and I (in a party) killed the ender dragon, got the stuff for The Further Research Material quest, submitted it, killed the resurrected ender dragon ...and nothing?
Got a Dragon Heart and a message about something awakening and some piles of draconium dust...and that's it. Is the stuff past that just not implemented? Or did it not register the kill or whatever? Thanks!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So I've found a thing and I'm not sure if it's a bug...or just not implemented yet. I'll post in spoiler tags though as it concerns DE.

My friend and I (in a party) killed the ender dragon, got the stuff for The Further Research Material quest, submitted it, killed the resurrected ender dragon ...and nothing?
Got a Dragon Heart and a message about something awakening and some piles of draconium dust...and that's it. Is the stuff past that just not implemented? Or did it not register the kill or whatever? Thanks!

The DE questline isn't complete yet. I don't know exactly where it ends, but if you look in NEI (and I believe the dragon heart item has the same tooltip), a bunch of items say that their research hasn't been completed yet, which means Caigan's not gotten around to fleshing out that part of the DE questline.

arrrrik

Jul 29, 2019
The DE questline isn't complete yet. I don't know exactly where it ends, but if you look in NEI (and I believe the dragon heart item has the same tooltip), a bunch of items say that their research hasn't been completed yet, which means Caigan's not gotten around to fleshing out that part of the DE questline.
I thought that was probably the case, but the wording in that and the last DE quest left a lot of confusing wiggle room. Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan the Botania quest to make your head doesn't seem to want to work (that may be because he questbook has the item it wants as "Caigan's head" and your username starts with a lowercase c instead); I've tried both Botania-created heads (the recipe for which won't show up in NEI despite having unlocked Alfheim knowledge) and the Headcrumbs heads.
Oof, was wondering if this'd break in an update. Added to my buglist.

Also, I'm having issues finding any sunflowers for the sunny quartz for another one of the Botania quests.
Since I'm changing the quests for Natura and BoP to less rely on RNG of worldgen / store crate, I'll be shifting the Nature crate to have more useful flowers, like the sunflowers and stuff.

I do have the opening of 25 of each tier of BB in my videos in my signature
I need to redo the video section of the main post so I can list more videos. Having it load 8+ embedded videos is kinda rough, lol. Its why I haven't added your video to the Videos section. =)

Yeah, Draconic Evolution quests are only half finished right now, and the second half of them sshould be in the next update.

How much quests will be in release? 1000+? 2000?
Currently in HQM 4 there is a hard cap of 1023 quests. Since I am aiming to explain almost every mod in the pack in some way, in the end I'll probably be reeeaelly close to this cap. =)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Oof, was wondering if this'd break in an update. Added to my buglist.

Oh yeah, I meant to add that the head displayed in the quest is just a normal Steve? head and not yours. Granted, I don't know if that's a graphical derp in HQM or if it's the head it's looking for not actually being yours.