[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
So for testing purpose i set up a Lunar tide focus powered with all 3 etherium (used creative mode to set it up with lots of power) i am already level 17 and made sure it was a 16 x 16 area (it said it pulls to within 8 blocks of it) and after 5 nights afk still no moonstones, In ocean on grass. My guess is I am too high or something, or grass is not the "surface" block of oceans at y:99 any thoughts? Oh and I did go back into survival during that time.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Not 100 % certain but moonstone meteors aren't supposed to fall since level 18-20?

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
So for testing purpose i set up a Lunar tide focus powered with all 3 etherium (used creative mode to set it up with lots of power) i am already level 17 and made sure it was a 16 x 16 area (it said it pulls to within 8 blocks of it) and after 5 nights afk still no moonstones, In ocean on grass. My guess is I am too high or something, or grass is not the "surface" block of oceans at y:99 any thoughts? Oh and I did go back into survival during that time.

Doesn't that require a flicker And power to function?

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
if you read carefully i said i set up the lunar tide flicker focus and all 3 power, and it was consuming the power so i know it was running, just nothing has happened at all on my single player game at any point anywhere, and it really irks me when a much needed feature doesn't work. I know it works for others so i just wanna know what I am missing.

Tim^2

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have problems on mob spawning (both hostile and passive)? They doesnt seem to spawn even I am at least 30 blocks away. Wish to create a simple mob farm but nothing is spawning :/

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have problems on mob spawning (both hostile and passive)? They doesnt seem to spawn even I am at least 30 blocks away. Wish to create a simple mob farm but nothing is spawning :/

Passive mobs won't spawn in tainted land not sure why you aren't getting hostels though. (You might have hit your mob limit around your base underground. I'd suggest ether caving to reduce the spawnable zones or going on a walk 256 blocks away then returning)

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
"The nether isn't dangerous."

Then what about aggressive pigman and king ghasts ?!

It's only really a problem if you're on hardcore. As I posted above, it's really only dangerous if you're on hardcore or if you bring a bunch of valuables. There's no reason to bring more than is necessary and risk stuff that you don't have to.

"The nether isn't dangerous."
What about the wither boss spawner in fortress ?? xD

What mod adds that? I've never seen such a thing.

I've noticed that after a while the hostile spawns nearby were drastically reduced. I suspect that fibrous taint (being a non-solid block) prevents spawns on that block. Tainted soil probably also has strange spawn rules. Dark room in a non-tainted area is probably your best bet, unless you're specifically trying to farm tainted mobs.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
So Im currently trying to take over a walled village, I have 6 ethereal blooms, I am slowly working everything back to green, but how do I keep it gone? I am destroying tainted nodes as I come across them, but is there anything else I can do to combat it back behind the walls and keep it there? Do silverwood trees keep the taint back?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
So Im currently trying to take over a walled village, I have 6 ethereal blooms, I am slowly working everything back to green, but how do I keep it gone? I am destroying tainted nodes as I come across them, but is there anything else I can do to combat it back behind the walls and keep it there? Do silverwood trees keep the taint back?
Yes, silverwood trees have a chance of spawning a pure node which turns the area into a magical forest.

Taint has to spread in a creeping direction, so if you clear out an area and then move the ethereal blooms outwards in a radius, the taint will not reach the center unless an area is not protected again. So basically, work from inside-out and you are good to go.

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, silverwood trees have a chance of spawning a pure node which turns the area into a magical forest.

Taint has to spread in a creeping direction, so if you clear out an area and then move the ethereal blooms outwards in a radius, the taint will not reach the center unless an area is not protected again. So basically, work from inside-out and you are good to go.

Thank you! I've been googling for EVER, and there just doesn't seem to be too much Thaumcraft 4 info out.

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Fill the top of your wall with water it acts as a type of moat after you have that moat off your gates (or leave a pure node or bloom) then once you have cleared out tainted nodes it will not leek back in

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
Fill the top of your wall with water it acts as a type of moat after you have that moat off your gates (or leave a pure node or bloom) then once you have cleared out tainted nodes it will not leek back in

water keeps taint from passing? I thought it still went across water

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
The thing with water... it is a little tricky. Scenario: a dirtblock surounded by water, on top of it some taint fibers. If you use an projectile dig spell for example, the dirt block goes away, but the taint fibers stay. You can not see it, but waila and the hitbox will show you: The taint fibers are still there. If you place a block nearby, the taint will spread to that block.

As for me, im starting back at 0. Not because i got bored of my old world, but because for the first time, i joined a server! Yay~

Paxaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Two things addressed to DrasticDemise (sorry new to the forums or I would send this in a PM)
1 bug report that i don't think you can fix but ars magica dig spell (both beam and projectile) removes runic dungeons blocks that are supposed to be unbreakable.
2 Your known issues section of the first post is out of date and still refers to Aether problems.

also gratz no element on finding a server I hope it works :) and if someone could tell me how to PM I would be very happy

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
The mining beam spell you get from one of your first AM2 spell quests can clear away fibrous taint