Departed Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
best way to get your first gun? It seems none are craftable and must be gotten as a drop
All are gotten from drops. You can get one from clowns, though those are almost entirely useless, and ghosts drop a short-ranged gun, anemias drop one as well as all the savannah (hunter) mobs. Just look at overworld mobs on the wiki and see what drops what.

Dronus86

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of quick questions:

How does one open a deep case?

What are some suggested dimension progressions? (I've stepped into Deeplands and briefly into Haven, but fear I need flight for Haven)

Actually, what about progression at all? I stepped into the End expecting it to be an okay fight. I went in on Creative (because of the very common and annoying issue where you spawn on a platform out in the middle of nowhere, and then the dragon arrives and knocks you off basically right as you finished loading) and obviously it was far different than I expected it to be.

What is a Metal Tub/Filtration System/Mending Table for?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just kind of lost in the Advent of Ascension mod.

EDIT: Also, the Horn of the Wild doesn't drop any of the uhh.. anima? stones. Whichever ones drop from breaking plants. Not sure if this is a balance decision, I just noticed while gathering Botania flowers.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I started my world and spawned RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of an eldritch obelisk, completely surrounded of Crimsom Cultists. (I can give you the seed if you want, because what follows is just awesome), which literally took me around 50 deaths to get out, but what are the chances of spawning just in the fucking middle of an eldritch obelisk? I knew I couldn't just leave this world, this had to be mine to conquer.. So I endured it all and could escape (God protect my bed please, I don't want to respawn there anymore u.u) and then found a pretty awesome village, completely walled off with stone bricks.. Of course I proceeded to literally fill the whole place with slabs. It's about 20 chunks, and im done with 8 already, all using the wood in the village to make the slabs.. Will have to get a farm going first.. I'll post my progress but I have to admit this pack is awesome, I never did something as stupid as this just for the sake of it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
A couple of quick questions:

How does one open a deep case?

What are some suggested dimension progressions? (I've stepped into Deeplands and briefly into Haven, but fear I need flight for Haven)

Actually, what about progression at all? I stepped into the End expecting it to be an okay fight. I went in on Creative (because of the very common and annoying issue where you spawn on a platform out in the middle of nowhere, and then the dragon arrives and knocks you off basically right as you finished loading) and obviously it was far different than I expected it to be.

What is a Metal Tub/Filtration System/Mending Table for?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'm just kind of lost in the Advent of Ascension mod.

EDIT: Also, the Horn of the Wild doesn't drop any of the uhh.. anima? stones. Whichever ones drop from breaking plants. Not sure if this is a balance decision, I just noticed while gathering Botania flowers.
To open a deep case, hit it with an AoA pickaxe. A normal(non-tinkers) limonite pick should do nicely.

For dimensions, I made a chart for base requirements during development. This has no say on difficulty, just what dimension is needed for what realm:
AoA Dimension Tree.png

Look on the wiki about each dimension for the tips going in.

I'm not sure what the metal tub is for, but mending station is used for turning rusted iron into iron at the very least.

Anima stones are only dropped when a player breaks the plant. The horn of the canopy/wild doesn't count, but a hatchet does.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Really cool chart.. thanks
I made some Advent of Ascension tutorial to help me and you guys a little. My little contribution to play this modpack :)
Check them out and let me know what you guys think.

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
wam3gi.png

Can someone tell me what's going on here? On the tooltip, it says 8.5 Hearts, but in the table's interface (if you can see it) it says 13.5 Hearts. Bug or am I mistaken somehow?

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
I've played this a little, and... ehh... as much as I like the idea of having themed dimensions to explore, having tons of hostile mobs that spawn wherever they darn well please isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention the hunter leveling mechanic makes no sense. That said, you can actually get around it using a wand...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've played this a little, and... ehh... as much as I like the idea of having themed dimensions to explore, having tons of hostile mobs that spawn wherever they darn well please isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention the hunter leveling mechanic makes no sense. That said, you can actually get around it using a wand...
I don't get what's so confusing about hunter levelling. You kill level 1 monsters until level 5, then you can kill level 5 monsters which give more experience than level 1 monsters until level 15 where you can kill level 15 monsters which drop more xp than level 5 monsters, so on and so forth.

And if you found a way around hunter mobs, then that's a major issue and I would love to know the exploit in a PM if you'd please.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of Magic mods and their other exploits, what was made for the choice to not add Blood Magic to this pack? It seems like it could be a powerful fit, even giving purpose for the timed Project: Omega armors. I mean the potion flasks are a bit strong, but they can be disabled entirely with a bit of minetweaker coding.

Also, is there an off-chance that other TC4 addons could find their way into the pack? Automagy, Thaumic Exploration, or any of the others?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of Magic mods and their other exploits, what was made for the choice to not add Blood Magic to this pack? It seems like it could be a powerful fit, even giving purpose for the timed Project: Omega armors. I mean the potion flasks are a bit strong, but they can be disabled entirely with a bit of minetweaker coding.

Also, is there an off-chance that other TC4 addons could find their way into the pack? Automagy, Thaumic Exploration, or any of the others?

I think the reason all of those were not added was due to this pack being mainly AoA, and want other mods to just compliment AoA or help where AoA doesn't and don't want other mods to take up all the time against AoA. In the FTB Departed Discussion forum other people have spoken about the mods and even some people talked about removing thaumcraft or botania all together. that being said, i dont think they will be removed and other mods or 'mod mods' may be added in the future.

Ronn0k

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else is having a problem with crazy amounts of Nevermine assassins? Server lagging amounts...(More info below)

I'm admin of a small server for family and friends running Departed and for some reason the server is overloaded with Nevermine Assassins. I've read here that they fight mobs but they're not doing it on my server and neither do the mobs attack them. They just seem to breed like rabbits. I've had as many as 36 on screen at one time. They're everywhere. They're both getting annoying and I think, starting to lag up the server but I cant seem to find a way short of constantly killing them manually to get rid of them and with their spawn rate and 250hp each its a never ending job. I've checked the configs and didn't see any options for spawnrate. Even a kill all entities command would be awesome but none I've tried work.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know anything that could help?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

I saw the project:eek:mega armor stuff too and thought it would fit in gorgeously with AoA, where armor sets are situational. Like if I want to tackle l'borean, the aquatic dimension, I think some water omega armor would be a wonderful idea. If it is ever added, it will be heavily tweaked. It may not happen though as there's a lot of work to be done elsewhere rather than overhauling an entire mod.
Is anyone else is having a problem with crazy amounts of Nevermine assassins? Server lagging amounts...(More info below)

I'm admin of a small server for family and friends running Departed and for some reason the server is overloaded with Nevermine Assassins. I've read here that they fight mobs but they're not doing it on my server and neither do the mobs attack them. They just seem to breed like rabbits. I've had as many as 36 on screen at one time. They're everywhere. They're both getting annoying and I think, starting to lag up the server but I cant seem to find a way short of constantly killing them manually to get rid of them and with their spawn rate and 250hp each its a never ending job. I've checked the configs and didn't see any options for spawnrate. Even a kill all entities command would be awesome but none I've tried work.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know anything that could help?
Everyone is having that problem. The issue is they don't despawn due to a bug. They don't attack mobs nor are attacked by any mobs but zombies and long sighted mobs like the scrubby and chomper. One solution is to add in a mob spawning tweaker like http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...pawn-controls-2-back-better-than-ever-updated and disabling the spawns, but I don't know if the client requires it. I would think it's purely serverside, but I may be wrong there. I also think essentials has something to control spawns or kill entities as well.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get what's so confusing about hunter levelling. You kill level 1 monsters until level 5, then you can kill level 5 monsters which give more experience than level 1 monsters until level 15 where you can kill level 15 monsters which drop more xp than level 5 monsters, so on and so forth.

And if you found a way around hunter mobs, then that's a major issue and I would love to know the exploit in a PM if you'd please.
Well the confusing thing isn't so much how it works mechanically as it is why it would work that way. Why would I be completely unable to damage something until I've killed X other things, given exactly the same equipment?

Edit: PMing you now

Also... think I might give this another go some time, maybe once I have a better computer to run it on. It's different, for sure, but I do like the RPG feel.

D

dave69

Hello, new guy on the block.. there is anybody else there that finf the minions noises VERY VERY ANNOYING?????? I am at the level where I can only have penguins, but.. come on.. shut up!! I cannot remove all the volume as I want to hear other friendly mobs.. and .. there is a way to make them STAY,SITdo not move for a bit??? (like wolves in vanilla minecraft)???? Thankssssss

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hello, new guy on the block.. there is anybody else there that finf the minions noises VERY VERY ANNOYING?????? I am at the level where I can only have penguins, but.. come on.. shut up!! I cannot remove all the volume as I want to hear other friendly mobs.. and .. there is a way to make them STAY,SITdo not move for a bit??? (like wolves in vanilla minecraft)???? Thankssssss
Dude just kill the little frakkers when you don't need them. Or put them in a golden lasso or something. Keep in mind that the minions aren't pets. They aren't guardians. They're just meant to fight. You can just kill them off when you're done with them and spawn in more when needed.

D

dave69

Thanks a lot goreae! I grow a little affectionate to them, as I was to my wolf pack in minecraft.. but maybe you're right.. there is anywhere a place that explain an updated about skills? for example in here http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Skill_Guides
and in the one I downloaded few days ago some icons are differents.. the anima one for example.. is the one with the little blue man in the new version?? There IS very little proper info about this pack yet! but is quite nice!!