Departed Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Hey since departed is recently released and includes AoA, a mod that has not been in common FTB packs, where is the place to discuss this modpack? (I don't want to talk in the bug report forum) :p

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think here is as a good place as any.
I've played it for something ~5 hours already and it's quite a nice change of pace from usual modpacks.

My first try I started in a gigantic ice plain, needless to say it didn't end well and after a few deaths I decided to start a new world, started in a forest and it was a lot smoother.
Surprisingly I haven't died yet(though I had to run for my life a few times) and managed to secure myself quite a nice base, got a tinker forge(I might have pillaged a village for most of it :D), a little field going on, cows.
I really like the leveling up(getting random coal/gold nuggets from the mining one), I think I also got a speed boost from the travelling skill once.

And creepiest enemies so far? The clowns, god they creep me up so much :p.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I started in a simple forest, loved the mobs being harder but not instant KO harder during night times, but while mining I died to a void walker, havent died since now that I have got iron armor, yet to find any diamonds, haven't started in TC yet as I usually always start with it I don't want to this mod pack (thought I might use it purely for a lumber axe). whats your ideal food as of now? I found even with such sever diminishing returns I make apple sauce since apple trees are easy to make and gives you more then enough apples.

I haven't even looked at AoA before so am a bit lost, no idea what anything in the top right means :p

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I have just realized the crafting grid hotkey conflicts with the skills toggle hot key 'C' so I changed crafting grid (to M since nothing else is). but I still have no idea what the skills panel shows :p

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
normally when night falls I get the message "night falls on the world, may luck be on your sides because the gods surely aren't" now I got the message "night falls on the world, pluton is pleased with your contribution". wtf does this mean?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
oh so it is labeled as advent of ascension everywhere but nevermine is the general name of it, no wonder it was hard for me to find any information on it, thanks nolaw

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
it seems the first thing you should go is go mining for saphire and jade items as they are the beginning of this mods power armor / weapons

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
One bit of advice: half slab your base unless you want to spam torches far more than you would normally. AoA mobs will spawn in higher light levels than vanilla mobs. This is especially important underground.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
what does it mean when it says 'souls are out scurrying tonight'? cant find any information on the wikia

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
There is a 2nd book you can craft with 4 limonite surrounding a book that explains most of the skills and what they give you(it's modpack specific).
I personally haven't approached the wiki yet, I don't want to spoil myself.

As for food I just craft a ton of all I can, salads, lots of juices(carrot, the 3 berries), a bit of meat, seed soup, tomato soup, I put everything in a chest and then use the lunchbox on it.
It selects the 6 best food and put them in the lunchbox(freeing space), then you just eat directly the lunchbox which eats the best food out of the 6.

Also I was lucky, I still haven't found diamond but while spelunking I found 5 limonite at the bottom of a water cascade, probably from a mob?
Anyway I crafted a pickaxe from it and mined all the stuff without having to find diamond.

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to decrease mob spawning a bit or tweak it somehow? I'll all for a bit of challenge, but this is just annoying. I have like 30 assassins in a 10 by 10 chunk area for example, and mobs spawn literally on top of you sometimes.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
There is a 2nd book you can craft with 4 limonite surrounding a book that explains most of the skills and what they give you(it's modpack specific).
I personally haven't approached the wiki yet, I don't want to spoil myself.

As for food I just craft a ton of all I can, salads, lots of juices(carrot, the 3 berries), a bit of meat, seed soup, tomato soup, I put everything in a chest and then use the lunchbox on it.
It selects the 6 best food and put them in the lunchbox(freeing space), then you just eat directly the lunchbox which eats the best food out of the 6.

Also I was lucky, I still haven't found diamond but while spelunking I found 5 limonite at the bottom of a water cascade, probably from a mob?
Anyway I crafted a pickaxe from it and mined all the stuff without having to find diamond.

does the lunchbox take in diminishing returns into consideration? so if you have 2 healing 5, 1 healing 4, you eat the 5, makes it 3, it will eat the 4 next?

also i tohught you needed diamond to mine limonite and all the new ores?

Last edited:

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to decrease mob spawning a bit or tweak it somehow? I'll all for a bit of challenge, but this is just annoying. I have like 30 assassins in a 10 by 10 chunk area for example, and mobs spawn literally on top of you sometimes.

I have not looked at a way to decrease mob spawning but assassins are good mobs, they fight other enemies for you so you want them around. I found it is best to first start mining in an enclosed mine down until you have a good set of armor like weakening armor or speed armor.