Jampacked II Submission/Judging

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Just let me know. I have confirmed that it does crash the pack. I'll inform the judges when they ask.
Hey, I managed to test the new versions and from what I saw, everything works fine. Or at least everything seemed to spawn right and the configs I checked looked the same.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
Heads up, it seems Lycanite just released another update. Unfortunately, this one will 100% break packs since it has a config reset. So for any packs crashing due to the issues with outdated versions, make sure you update to v1.11.0.0 and not v1.11.0.1.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't expect to win, but then again I didn't actually submit anything...

I'm probably the only one here with a 100% chance of a successful prediction :D
You'll be sure to win.

The lack of any mods illustrates the raw power and inspiration that can come from the uncluttered canvas that is a vanilla Minecraft world. True to the title, "Jampacked", your modpack suits it best in that it opens the possibility of pure, infinite creations by the player. Mods restrict players in the sense that they add purpose to an otherwise free, and truly open game.

no i'm not an art major.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Except that, while vanilla is jam-packed with what people can do (See Etho or Mindcrack for inspiration), this is supposed to be apocalyptic-themed. And it's hard to do apocalypse, and re-building, in vanilla ... err, wait, vanilla _IS_ a post-apocalyptic tale of one person's attempt to rebuild ... hmm ... so vanilla with some signs could have been entered?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Except that, while vanilla is jam-packed with what people can do (See Etho or Mindcrack for inspiration), this is supposed to be apocalyptic-themed. And it's hard to do apocalypse, and re-building, in vanilla ... err, wait, vanilla _IS_ a post-apocalyptic tale of one person's attempt to rebuild ... hmm ... so vanilla with some signs could have been entered?
Not as impossible as you'd think, actually. A fixed map with a crap ton of command blocks and a resource pack can do amazing things, no mods needed. Someone pretty much rebuilt Crash landing in vanilla Minecraft just like that, quest book and all.

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Not as impossible as you'd think, actually. A fixed map with a crap ton of command blocks and a resource pack can do amazing things, no mods needed. Someone pretty much rebuilt Crash landing in vanilla Minecraft just like that, quest book and all.
Yeah, but that is for 1.8.3. This contest is for 1.7.10. 1.8 might as well be called command block overhaul.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Rabbits, mutton, banners,

Gany's surface

changed enchanting,

There've been several enchantment improvements for 1.7.10.
Did anyone backport the actual 'lapis instead of XP' change?

command block updates
Hmm. Ganys' command blocks? Anyone?

, and a few minor bits and pieces of actual gameplay. Plus the usual bugfixes and mod-breaking changes for better function. :)
Gameplay changes?
scooby said:
"Dog? Where?"

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the slime block for pistons, the guardians in the underwater temples, a slightly different sponge block (smelt it with an empty bucket in the fuel slot to turn the bucket into water???), and endermites. Changes to the F3 screen. New customized presets and custom worldgen options. World border that behaved "better" in the snapshots. Local difficulty. A new skin / layered portions of the skin. Per-dimension threading. New villager trade system. Minor changes to enchantment odds, and major changes to the enchantment costs. Rendering changes for tinted glass.

Plus Gany's Surface.
Oh, and spectator mode so you can move through solid walls while making a custom map. :)

fireguy

Jul 29, 2019
Gany's surface

There've been several enchantment improvements for 1.7.10.
Did anyone backport the actual 'lapis instead of XP' change?

Hmm. Ganys' command blocks? Anyone?

Gameplay changes?
Dude ganys surface ports ALL those things downward. What's wrong with the lapis instead of XP? It gives a better way to enchant instead of dumping 30 lvls, you would go to lvl 27 and you get that 30 enchant

Last edited:

fireguy

Jul 29, 2019
Yet that is exactly what you did.
Sorry, I get angry when people that only play with mods say minecraft took all ideas from mods... or like the quiver sprite from Mine & Blade I hate it when people say "Minecraft stole that texture! They are SOOO lazy!" When it was a old(old old old) mc sprite.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Back on topic: When will pack makers get the feedback from the judges? I'm curious as to what comments/feedback the people playing my pack will provide.