FTB Departed Discussion

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best Tinkers' Construct sword with AoA/ExtraTiC? I've got a 14 damage Jade sword (no quartz) right now, but all of the other tinkers' versions of AoA swords seem to be weaker. AoA Sapphire sword has an attack damage of 17, but the TiC blade is listed as having only 6.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best Tinkers' Construct sword with AoA/ExtraTiC? I've got a 14 damage Jade sword (no quartz) right now, but all of the other tinkers' versions of AoA swords seem to be weaker. AoA Sapphire sword has an attack damage of 17, but the TiC blade is listed as having only 6.

for tinkers it is the skeletal but that is really endgame, in all honesty the TiC swords aren't all that great, one of the best early weapons is the horizon maul, +16 default damage and slows enemies when hit.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I made a TiC cutlass out of sapphire(alumite tool rod and thaumium full guard) and it started with 17 attack damage.

Vexsanity

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plans to add HQM to this pack? I like the pack but I feel like I am not progressing towards anything really. Adding a huge quest line to work through and towards, I feel would add a lot more to this pack.

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
I'll re-ask this here then, in case anyone sees this instead. Is there a way to adjust mobs at all? I gave the example of 30 assassins in 10 sq chunks (yes I know they are friendly, it's still +30 useless mobs that need cpu). I am not asking because it is hard, but because it is tedious and adds to lag. It's a constant game of whack-a-mole no matter what. There is a reason mojang made "safe" areas and made daytime less dangerous. It is so that you can set aside a time/place to craft/build without continuous interruptions. In Regrowth everyone kept complaining about the direwolfs spawning inside bases, too.

Other than that I am really enjoying the pack and looking forward to the huge amount of content. I am just hoping it doesn't get so tedious I say forget it. :(

I don't think the assassins despawn because they are traders. As to killing them they have 250 hp each and I have a stone sword.

I think I'll try adding just cofh core or opis for mob killing options.
I too am getting excessive assassin spawns and I never saw an answer. They hit my fps as well and are just annoying having 30 guys just standing around in my front yard. I can't find a config. Is there at least a killall type command in this pack?
So there actually is a bug right now where assassins do not despawn. I've fixed it for the future. In the meantime, I'd just try and kill them or ignore them.

Does anyone have a use for the rusted iron ingots Ancient Golems drop? Google and wiki's failed me.
They can be fixed at a Mending Table to become normal iron or they can be sold to the Metalloid.

since there are a lot of mobs that only spawn in certain biomes you really need to explore far away from your base, is there something in this mod like the recall stones that allow you to teleport back home?
Not currently, but a 'Staff of Homecoming' has been planned for quite a while.

Reactions: Sawney

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plans to add HQM to this pack? I like the pack but I feel like I am not progressing towards anything really. Adding a huge quest line to work through and towards, I feel would add a lot more to this pack.

I personally don't think every pack need to be HQM but, yes there is a but, it could use a bit more ingame documentation.
In the "how not to die" book, in the "biome to avoid" section it says "for more information go read the hunter's handbook", I assume that's incoming? :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
They can be fixed at a Mending Table to become normal iron or they can be sold to the Metalloid.
Great and useful info, probably major bug report though for them. When I right click on the mending table with one it gives me an iron ingot but doesn't consume the rusted iron ingot, so yeah infinite iron machine is probably not what you wanted to make I'm guessing. Is meant to do anything else though? or is it just rusted iron -> iron?

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
I personally don't think every pack need to be HQM but, yes there is a but, it could use a bit more ingame documentation.
In the "how not to die" book, in the "biome to avoid" section it says "for more information go read the hunter's handbook", I assume that's incoming? :p
In the stream, @goreae mentioned that there will be much more books and documentation in game.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
In the stream, @goreae mentioned that there will be much more books and documentation in game.
Correct. I have a lot of books planned. There will be one for each dimension, one for each weapon type (gun, staff, energy weapon, sword, bow, special) and a few expanding on certain skills that can't be easily documented in the skills book, like hunter mobs and minions. The Hunter's Handbook will detail each hunter mob, what level they are, and where to find them along with a picture of the mob for reference. Each dimension book will have a description of the dimension, what you need before hopping in (like in the mysterium you pretty much need poison armor), a list of all the mobs, what they do, and what they drop, and a walkthrough of each minigame and boss, as well as a list of things to do in order to 'complete' the realm, like it'll list the available banners, available weapons, trophies, etc. I'm focusing on the starting book for now though.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
just got my first gun, dropped from 'scruffy' the little red thing that runs really fast and sets you on fire, seems to be better then nothing, but not as good as a bow.
The scrubby, yeah. That gun isn't half bad.
The AoA wiki really isn't that helpful. Anyone know what Rusted Iron ingots are good for?

EDIT: Also, there's a lot of armor that gives buffs and such. Are those full set or piece? I'd love to mix armors and get a bunch of buffs.
Armors are set only. There's no way around that except for special helmets, like the night vision goggles or the gas mask. And I assume the rusted ingots will be used for engineering.

since there are a lot of mobs that only spawn in certain biomes you really need to explore far away from your base, is there something in this mod like the recall stones that allow you to teleport back home?
There's otherwhere infusion from witchery. You could also go through the Nether to reduce travel time if you want to risk it.
I'm pretty sure you can do something with Witchery and the rite of transposition, I've never really used it so I'm not totally sure by any means but I think you can use it to teleport to a predefined location.

EDIT: Yep, just tested it. With Witchery you can bind waystones to a location which then with only some chalk to draw a simple circle and the waystone you can teleport to the set location, the stones are not reusable but they are very cheap so it's probably the best way. The toughest part of using it is getting the nether wart needed to create the chalk as everything else is fairly basic overworld stuff, although technically you can get the netherwart without going to the nether with witchery it's just far from cheap.
oh yeah, that to. The otherwhere is probably more convenient though.

You can also level hunting by going out at night when "the hunt for blood has started" event is going on, there are those little demons that level up hunter everywhere :).
Just made my first tinker sword with sapphire, it kicks so much ass :D.

And I might be wrong about the rite of transposition but doesn't it require an ender pearl each time, they are kinda hard to come by in this pack.

Also, is there any bag/backpack thing outside of tinker's knapsack?
The bloodhunt is both dangerous and incredibly annoying with the anemias. In my first world, there was like 20 of them flying around shooting constantly.

As for backpacks, you can carry a dollied diamond chest or get some ender pouches.

finalyl found a desert biome, only after traveling over 2500 blocks RADIUS from my base
Good luck finding a jungle. :p

Digirod

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've come to hate two types of mobs: Bush Babies and That guy who drops T&T. Is there a way I can stop the latter from spawning in my game? Those guys are worse than creepers, and can really wreak havoc on my base or village if I ever fight one near them.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...I just died and all my gear disappeared except my Tinker's Construct tools. One of those Anemias or whatever they're called (the flying Blood Hunt mobs) was hanging around the day after the Blood Hunt (no, I didn't sleep), killed me, and the only thing in my corpse was, as stated, my Tinker's stuff. Is that supposed to happen?

Lawnchair

Jul 29, 2019
Are Goalby's supposed to have a Weakness Aura? The wiki says they inflict Weakness on hit (Though the wiki has been wrong about a few things so I don't know if it's changed in this updated version), but they're currently just giving Weakness for being around them.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
So...I just died and all my gear disappeared except my Tinker's Construct tools. One of those Anemias or whatever they're called (the flying Blood Hunt mobs) was hanging around the day after the Blood Hunt (no, I didn't sleep), killed me, and the only thing in my corpse was, as stated, my Tinker's stuff. Is that supposed to happen?

common bug now, it seems logging out and back in fixes it.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So a question for everyone who wanders by here, are there any changes you've made to the modlist or it's settings for yourself? What changes would you make if you could?

Personally I added RedLogic for the gates, I like my redstone and while redstone paste is nice it doesn't really help with gates which can easily be rather complex and laggy with vanilla minecraft, the timer particularly is incredibly difficult to replicate in with vanilla requiring a ton of work every time you change the length. I did consider using Automagy instead but went for RedLogic in the end. The only other change I'd like is for ExtraTiC to keep improving support for AoA, also for AoA wood to be oredicted, if memory serves they're not which makes them incompatible with a bunch of things, there might be a reason for it but it's still a bit annoying having to always use other woods as it makes the AoA stuff nearly useless.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
is it me or is the size description on the ancient teleporter blueprint is wrong?
Thankfully I have seen wtfg33ks vids and made a backup before installing it :p.

As for mods to add, I've considered adding tc node tracker but that's all, I think the pack is pretty well set up as it is.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
And I might be wrong about the rite of transposition but doesn't it require an ender pearl each time, they are kinda hard to come by in this pack.

I have no problem getting ender pearls. After mining with a hammer and leveling up I get random drops: gold nuggets, essence, diamonds and now sometime 4 ender pearls.

Also, is there any bag/backpack thing outside of tinker's knapsack?
As far as I know the only other bag besides the knapsack is the ender pouch. It requires a gem to be crafted.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
How do I use the teasink? I placed it in the world, added a bucket of water. I have an empty AoA cup and nature melon slice, but left/right-clicking the teasink with any of these items or with an empty hand does nothing.