[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I have been playing many mod packs, and none of them have used Compact Machines. I think you mean to say that he has not been playing the mod packs YOU like to play. I found your post condescending to those of us who have not played the modpacks that you like to play, and ask that in the future, you do not look down on someone for having not done so.

That aside, I am looking forward to trying this pack. I am in the middle of Regrowth right now, but might try to talk my mother into playing this with me when we hang out on Sundays. Love the OP btw. as someone else said, it is very well put together, easy to read, and just clean! As I have recently been browsing the mod packs in this forum page, I was ecstatic to see such a well built OP. Again, looking forward to trying this pack, it sounds amazing!
Awesome, glad you like the look of it. If I have any problems let us know ;)

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
More feedback after a bit more play:

Getting started can be extremely difficult. On my second attempt, I was killed early by a skeleton and it just snowballed. Couldn't recover my grave, and I'm pretty sure the gravestones were generating even more monsters, making it even tougher. And as mentioned before, if you can't recover your grave, you can't get back inside the CM so there's just nowhere to regroup. Died 6 times and it was curtains. If possible, I feel like spawning inside the CM to begin with might solve some of these problems.

Once I did get started (entered the CM, collected some wood, set up the basic essentials), I found the quests became more helpful and I started seeing how this might be possible after all. :)

A couple small issues:
- At some point I clicked on something in NEI and it gave me a stack of that thing (I was in creative/cheat mode in other words). Not sure how that happened, but I think it might have switched when resetting the map.
- The location quests in the book are in X, Y, Z format but the minimap shows X, Z, Y by default. This was confusing (particularly for the locations where all the coordinates are <100, obviously).

This is a really challenging pack so far, but seems thoughtfully put together. I look forward to exploring more of it.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com

Getting started can be extremely difficult. On my second attempt, I was killed early by a skeleton and it just snowballed. Couldn't recover my grave, and I'm pretty sure the gravestones were generating even more monsters, making it even tougher. And as mentioned before, if you can't recover your grave, you can't get back inside the CM so there's just nowhere to regroup. Died 6 times and it was curtains. If possible, I feel like spawning inside the CM to begin with might solve some of these problems.

Once I did get started (entered the CM, collected some wood, set up the basic essentials), I found the quests became more helpful and I started seeing how this might be possible after all. :)

A couple small issues:
- At some point I clicked on something in NEI and it gave me a stack of that thing (I was in creative/cheat mode in other words). Not sure how that happened, but I think it might have switched when resetting the map.
- The location quests in the book are in X, Y, Z format but the minimap shows X, Z, Y by default. This was confusing (particularly for the locations where all the coordinates are <100, obviously).

This is a really challenging pack so far, but seems thoughtfully put together. I look forward to exploring more of it.
Amazing feedback! Very much appreciated.Will look into and consider these ideas and fix bugs in next update. If u have anything else to say at all let us know here -Snow ;)

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019

A couple small issues:

Thanks for your feedback mate, it is really appreciated.

As far as the early difficulty goes, we intended it to be hard at first and even take a couple of tries to get it right. It really wont take too long for you to get enough light sources so not have to worry too much. There are many ways a player can make this pack easy or hard on themselves. I don't want to give away any tips so i'll shut up!
Its a hard balance and we will keep listening to peoples ideas.

Thanks again!

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Consider disabling shadow mob aka invisible mob. Once attacked by one you're dead no mather what you do!
A. Not configurable
B. Not a mob, this is the effect of the deep dark it just applies void damage to the player when the game ticks and you are not meeting the lighting requirments
C. It's the main feature behind the map therefore it would be silly to get rid of :p

Tip: If u take damage make sure u have a torch ready to place on the floor! ;)

JulianOfAmber

Jul 29, 2019
A. Not configurable
B. Not a mob, this is the effect of the deep dark it just applies void damage to the player when the game ticks and you are not meeting the lighting requirments
C. It's the main feature behind the map therefore it would be silly to get rid of :p

Tip: If u take damage make sure u have a torch ready to place on the floor! ;)
I got the idea :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I got the idea :)
Also... in 1.7 the time it takes to take damage changed. In 1.6 you would start taking damage after a couple of seconds.
Now, in 1.7, the amount of time until you take damage is related to the amount of time you have been in the light. It can take a good 10 seconds or more to start taking damage, you put a torch down and go to the dark and take damage immediately again.

Just saying that its not random...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
One question before downloading and trying this pack. Is this another pack where you will ask us to grind 1000 items in mid/late game?

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
One question before downloading and trying this pack. Is this another pack where you will ask us to grind 1000 items in mid/late game?
There are hoarding style quests but they are not crucial to the ending. It doesn't matter if you don't do them.

You will however need to progress very far in tech and thaumcraft to finish the pack.