[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

souk

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody knows why can't I make slime crossbow body / limb ?
I think it could be because of iguana tweaks, but I've already got a slime crossbow body (blue) and I don't remember how... it may have been a quest reward I am not sure...

Is it meant to be like that or is iguana tweaks just not updated?

did you use slime crystal?

Evil Greebo

Jul 29, 2019
No matter how you shake and dance, the last drop ends up in the crucible?

Got a crucible over lava, got a casting mold, making lots of seared bricks preparing to make my smeltery.

But despite the casting mold taking 32 mB of seared stone, how come when I have 32 in the crucible, and I go to pour that LAST brick, I get 31 mb in the mold and 1 mb left in the crucible?

Blue_Dwarf

Jul 29, 2019
how do i get cobblestone or wateR ?

First and foremost, learn how NotEnoughItems works. You can just search up items on your inventory screen, then press 'R' on the item to see its recipe. This can reveal many recipes for things that you may not have seen in other packs. Be sure to look for little arrows at the tops of recipes to see other forms of recipes (Such as recipes involving machines, or shaped vs shapeless recipes, etc.). There can be some easy recipes hiding out for otherwise difficult-to-make items.
If you aren't in cheat mode, you can also left-click the items in the NEI menu to see the recipes, and right-click them to see what they are used for.

The things you asked for are also described in the Quest Book in the first few quests, you should re-read those more carefully. If you aren't following the quest book already, you really should be, it will act as your guide.

Additional basic info:
To get your first cobblestone, use an Ex Nihilo hammer to smash up some Hardened Gravel (found in the clay spires, or in large 'cubes' on the surface) Craft the stone droplets together. Then use an Ex Nihilo Crucible with a torch under it to turn the cobblestone into lava, and make a proper Cobble Generator.

To get water, there's a quest reward that gives you a spatial-chamber full of ice. Just melt that, infinite water source.

To get drinkable water, make Leaves Cider or use a Blacksmith's Anvil and Blacksmith's Hammer to smash up some snow blocks (plenty of snow outside to dig!). Put the Snow Clumps in a bottle, put that bottle in a Vat filled with lava, then craft that with some leaves.

All of this is covered in acceptable levels of detail within the Getting Started quests, you will even get rewards that will supply you with things you need (Like the spatial drive full of ice, and the Blacksmith's Anvil and Hammer)

Reactions: goreae

Seraphica

Jul 29, 2019
I tried fishing for fish breeding. I gathered all the grass from the start and now i need chlorophyll but i keep fishing mariculture fishes and edible ones. Is there a way to use the edible ones in breeding ?

Evil Greebo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been somewhat paranoidishly keeping 4 of the original 8 grass blocks kept in digital storage after collecting the corners and moving the fish oil to a personal healing tub. (Ok, a hole in the ground under my base)

IS there a way to collect grass seed from them? I've hit them with bone meal till I've run out, gotten lots of flowers and seeds for weirder flowers I'm not yet familiar with (boost? rain? etc) but no grass seeds (or wheat but I chalk that up to chance so far).

Is there a point in saving the grass blocks? Am I wasting my time?

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I've been somewhat paranoidishly keeping 4 of the original 8 grass blocks kept in digital storage after collecting the corners and moving the fish oil to a personal healing tub. (Ok, a hole in the ground under my base)

IS there a way to collect grass seed from them? I've hit them with bone meal till I've run out, gotten lots of flowers and seeds for weirder flowers I'm not yet familiar with (boost? rain? etc) but no grass seeds (or wheat but I chalk that up to chance so far).

Is there a point in saving the grass blocks? Am I wasting my time?
Grass spreads slowly to adjacent dirtblocks, so you just make a trial of it untill it reaches the point you want it to reach. Im told that the watering can speeds up this process. A tad later in the game you can use a silky jewel on a pickaxe/shovel so you can pick up the grassblocks without it turning into dirt.

I guess you want to know this 2: you can make dirt by putting organic material (apples, saplings, leaves, etc.) in a wooden barrel and wait. Yes you can automate this with a hopper

EDIT: you saved some time by saving the grass blocks, but you really need some way (silk touch i talked about) to store it, because the spreading method isnt very practical...

Evil Greebo

Jul 29, 2019
I knew about the dirt manufacturing. I kinda like the idea of making a trail of dirt from the spatial chamber to the outside world, letting the grass find its way outside. I could knock out a couple of the glass doors and pass the dirt to-be-grass out thru an opening in the base wall that I could restore later.

Grass will spread vertically,right? I'm pretty sure it will...

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
I knew about the dirt manufacturing. I kinda like the idea of making a trail of dirt from the spatial chamber to the outside world, letting the grass find its way outside. I could knock out a couple of the glass doors and pass the dirt to-be-grass out thru an opening in the base wall that I could restore later.

Grass will spread vertically,right? I'm pretty sure it will...

If you have at least the basic botania set up then you can make pasture seeds by throwing grass(harvest tall grass with shears) into a mana pool with a little bit of mana in it.

The pasture seeds make grass blocks out of dirt, just right click on a bunch of dirt and let the magic happen!

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
the drawback on my bow has a visual glitch where it keeps resetting, reguardless if the arrow is drawed back. it makes it really hard to arm. the glitch is effecting eatting food as well.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
the drawback on my bow has a visual glitch where it keeps resetting, reguardless if the arrow is drawed back. it makes it really hard to arm. the glitch is effecting eatting food as well.

Try reinstalling / updating the modpack, may be a corrupted file.

fenderzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Where am i supposed to find an "enderman slave" to complete that quest? I can't even kill a normal enderman because they just teleport away after the first hit. Also, my Botania flowers keep disappearing

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Where am i supposed to find an "enderman slave" to complete that quest? I can't even kill a normal enderman because they just teleport away after the first hit. Also, my Botania flowers keep disappearing

1. Enderslaves spawn randomly but uncommon and look like enderman, but with faded purple dots on them. they hit really hard and can easily kill a player without a healthboost. Stand under 2 blocks high or it WILL kill you.

2. Plz read the lexicon and questbook better: it says that some flowers are fragile and will wither away over time. Flowers that are fragile include daybloom, nightflower(dont know name) and hydrangyas. Those are the flowers that generate "free" mana and thus wither away as compensation. Use endoflame or thermalily instead. (endoflame is best starting flower)

3. If you cant kill an endermen, then play vanilla until you can :/ (there is a botaniaflower called vincolotus that can help, but im pretty sure that still 2 lategame for you)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
1. Enderslaves spawn randomly but uncommon and look like enderman, but with faded purple dots on them. they hit really hard and can easily kill a player without a healthboost. Stand under 2 blocks high or it WILL kill you.

2. Plz read the lexicon and questbook better: it says that some flowers are fragile and will wither away over time. Flowers that are fragile include daybloom, nightflower(dont know name) and hydrangyas. Those are the flowers that generate "free" mana and thus wither away as compensation. Use endoflame or thermalily instead. (endoflame is best starting flower)

3. If you cant kill an endermen, then play vanilla until you can :/ (there is a botaniaflower called vincolotus that can help, but im pretty sure that still 2 lategame for you)
To be more clear, the flower withering feature was added to botania a while ago, but few packs actually utilise it. These flowers are generally quite cheap and easily replaced, especially the daybloom and nightshade. The hydroangeas are a bit more difficult, requiring a variety of petals including some mana petals. But once you get a jaded amaranthus running, it's not that big of a deal, and can easily be automated with autonomous activators.

And to kill endermen easier, here's a couple tips: First, aim for the feet. They don't teleport if you just hit the feet. Secondly, hide under a structure with 2 block high clearance. Endermen(and slaves) won't be able to fit through.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody knows why can't I make slime crossbow body / limb ?
I think it could be because of iguana tweaks, but I've already got a slime crossbow body (blue) and I don't remember how... it may have been a quest reward I am not sure...

Is it meant to be like that or is iguana tweaks just not updated?

@karmarcharger do you know anything about this?

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
If you hover ur mouse and press shift over the cast/patterns it will show more information...

I know about that feature, but I don't know why can't you make for example slime crossbow limb / body .
Those materials are the best ones you can use, because slime is pretty much a machine gun...

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Grass spreads slowly to adjacent dirtblocks, so you just make a trial of it untill it reaches the point you want it to reach. Im told that the watering can speeds up this process. A tad later in the game you can use a silky jewel on a pickaxe/shovel so you can pick up the grassblocks without it turning into dirt.

I guess you want to know this 2: you can make dirt by putting organic material (apples, saplings, leaves, etc.) in a wooden barrel and wait. Yes you can automate this with a hopper

EDIT: you saved some time by saving the grass blocks, but you really need some way (silk touch i talked about) to store it, because the spreading method isnt very practical...
I disagree, I made a one block high path to the surface out of dirt and let the grass grow up it, it was plenty practical and surprisingly quick.

Also the watering can does not help the spread of grass.

It will, but I don't think it jumps more than 2 blocks, 3 at most, up or down at a time.
I dunno, 3 seems high, I just went one block at a time myself.

I know about that feature, but I don't know why can't you make for example slime crossbow limb / body .
Those materials are the best ones you can use, because slime is pretty much a machine gun...
Can you post screenshots?