[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
OK, preparing for the next attempt of a 0.0.8 lets play start :D Did I mention that I love your modpack?

Something Raetcan and I where talking about yesterday during his stream:

- do you plan to add garden soil (garden core mod iirc) to the modpack? It's a good sink for outdated seeds and other organic matter... but might throw the growth balance a bit out of whack.
- do you have any ideas/thoughts on automating contracts? Raetac told me, that using the QDS wont work, but maybe there are other ways/plans? Maybe "mass contracts" that do except a larger number, so that the amount of clicking needed is reduced?
- the seed bags have been a bit of a pain to Raetac (I didn't count his attempts to get glowstone seeds), is there a way to reduce the chancyness? One quest for each seed might be a bit much, but maybe one (expensive) quest for each seed that is behind a barrier (glowstone frex behind the nether portal barrier)? Seeds you can breed right away (without depending on finding rare stuff and such) should of course NOT have separate quests... but be bred instead.
I finally got Gold seeds after a couple hours of the stream end! I reckon I would have spent something in the order of 1k Shop Tokens all day

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
do you plan to add garden soil (garden core mod iirc) to the modpack?
Hmm not sure. I'll have to look into it.

do you have any ideas/thoughts on automating contracts?
I have an idea on this, but it'd require my partner and I to have solid time to work out and code an idea in my brain. It'll have to wait until after we get moved and everything in a month or so, unfortunately.

I might put in something like....say, a warehouse level contract : something where you turn in 5 different 'large' contracts at a time.

the seed bags have been a bit of a pain to Raetac
I noticed, I felt really bad each time I tuned in and his efforts to get Glowstone seeds were a bust.:(

I'm not going to separate out the seeds into individuals, but I do want to make it a better chance for each specific seed, I just need to figure out how to do it decently...

Seeds you can breed right away (without depending on finding rare stuff and such) should of course NOT have separate quests... but be bred instead.
The issue with this is the latest changes bring AgriCraft Magical Crop farming in line with 'normal farming' method of magical crop seeds. 1% chance of seeds spreading on a cycle to an empty crosscrop, slower mutations and growth (which means, much slower crossbreeding attempts).

I finally got Gold seeds after a couple hours of the stream end! I reckon I would have spent something in the order of 1k Shop Tokens all day
Wooo yeah, will need to come up with something...hmmmm.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I might put in something like....say, a warehouse level contract : something where you turn in 5 different 'large' contracts at a time.

This sound kool, gives a reward for the higher lvl's of trader rep, which I think I've maxed out already ;)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed, I felt really bad each time I tuned in and his efforts to get Glowstone seeds were a bust.:(

I'm not going to separate out the seeds into individuals, but I do want to make it a better chance for each specific seed, I just need to figure out how to do it decently...

Maybe do a seed cycle where instead of a random it randomly starts on 1 seed but than cycles through each of the seeds once, this way you won't get like 4-5 kinds of 1 seed before you get every seed in that bag group? Would help when looking for gas tears seeds and not being able to find them after 4000 coins.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe do a seed cycle where instead of a random it randomly starts on 1 seed but than cycles through each of the seeds once, this way you won't get like 4-5 kinds of 1 seed before you get every seed in that bag group? Would help when looking for gas tears seeds and not being able to find them after 4000 coins.
Unfortunately this would require coding up a different bag type, which rewinds to the repeatable contract issue noted above.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It has been submitted, now just waiting for the FTB Third Party Team to approve and put it up onto the launcher. =)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately this would require coding up a different bag type, which rewinds to the repeatable contract issue noted above.

Caigan its ok to ask for help with these things maybe ask a coder you know to write a quick basic code for it up and you can change it to match how you want it to work? save you half the time to make 1. though i'm not a coder myself so i don't know much about coding.

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
You can build a bat farm easily... just make your mob farm just one high. Did this one by accident on a server. :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Update is delayed due to a major issue that has cropped up that we are working on fixing now. Sorry folks!

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Screen-shot-2013-05-09-at-5.10.47-PM.png

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Pls. Plsss. ;.;

Issue is somewhat resolved, but will require a more permanent resolution in the next update. The update has been again submitted to the Third Party Team.

As has been reported, occasionally something will shift the textures of Ferret Shinies in an odd way, and we couldn't replicate it, but it got a lot more common.

I've since discovered that one mod for sure causes the shift no matter what : draconic evolution, and this'll help to narrow down whats going on in our code.

No, DE was not in this update, but I had accidentally put the file into my 0.0.8 folder right before forking it into my 0.0.9 work folder(this was after packaging and submitting 0.0.8 initially, so it wasn't in the zip files), and testing both versions had the bug, and I didn't realize DE snuck itself into the older copy.

Reactions: Pudding01

Ora_the_Owlish

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your hard work, this pack has been a pleasure to play :)

Don't know if this will help your bughunt, but I had the issue with the Shinies texture exactly once: when I accidentally activated the 3D anaglyph filter. Unfortunately I didn't think to get the log at that time. I'll try activating it again later tonight.

Last edited: