[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got some flint, but it seems really low drop rate.
Weird, drop rate shouldn't be changed at all. Perhaps just super unlucky? Could invest in a SAGMill early on to break down gravel into flint.

-----

Unfortunately, Real Life is throwing me more curve-balls. I'm in the process of looking for a new place to move to, due to having to move by July. Unfortunately that timetable is being moved up, so I have to step up the search heavily and get all my ducks in a row to get out sooner. Nothing drastic like "2 weeks", but its enough that until its worked out, I won't have time to create a ton of quests and test them as well.

So the plan for now is to get the MFR quests written out and tested, add a few more Production contracts, and have it submitted by Saturday. Mekanism quests will be the update after that, probably the 2 week marker as usual.

Times subject to change, but I will get the MFR quest update done by this weekend since it also has the EnderIO crash bug and some other crash bug fixes.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Well I managed to find a bunch of moss, so my flint problems aren't so much a problem anymore. So far liking it. The only thing I can really gripe about is the wonky Veinminer setup. But, eh, I never used veinminer till like a month ago so it's not a huge problem. Other then my MC world is trolling me hard. Every place I saw that looked good to build, had a huge dungeon under it... and after finding like 7 towns, and getting my own tinkers forge setup, the 8th town I found had a bunch of tinker blocks, I was so upset.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Well I managed to find a bunch of moss, so my flint problems aren't so much a problem anymore. So far liking it. The only thing I can really gripe about is the wonky Veinminer setup. But, eh, I never used veinminer till like a month ago so it's not a huge problem. Other then my MC world is trolling me hard. Every place I saw that looked good to build, had a huge dungeon under it... and after finding like 7 towns, and getting my own tinkers forge setup, the 8th town I found had a bunch of tinker blocks, I was so upset.

If your gonna use vein miner i would recommend to go into the mod list on the starting screen and add sand and clay since its a big help in getting a forge going very early, and maybe turn those big dungeons into a base? once you get the warping book i would see about changing the dungeons into a home of sorts but that my opinion. Also you can never have to many tinker blocks makes early game so easy.

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
*Listens to the head ferret talking*

*Is called a ferret*

*Looks down at scales*

*Looks back at wings*

*Decides not to say anything in amusement*

(My MC skin is a dragon)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
*Was human desperately looking for paid work*
*Asked to step into the medical scanner*
*Teleported to strange world*
*Grows a tail and starts to think he is turning into a ferret...*

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
I still need to get that list of bugs I've found, if there's gonna be an update today.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I still need to get that list of bugs I've found, if there's gonna be an update today.
Unfortunately I'll have to delay the update till Tuesday, probably. There's a few issues that have cropped up, and I've barely been able to test the update yet.

My brain is also fairly frazzled from the stress during the week, so I'm trying not to force things like Quest dialogue, as I've already had to rewrite a couple quests as on re-reading them, they sounded more confusing than interesting. This is also the last weekend two of the current roommates will be living with us(as we are splitting off into separate apartments, and they already have a house), so we have plans to spend time with them. Should be a good de-stress period and get my brain back on track for Monday and Tuesday.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
That's a known issue, and I'm not really sure how to fix it. I believe it's just a visual bug though, so if it works don't worry about it.

Tuesday sounds nice, it means I have a bit more time to work through existing quests. BTW, let me know if you want some one to give it a once over before submitting it, because I'd be happy to do so. Working on crafting the insanely complicated and expensive Dark Soularium Jetplate at the moment, and have maybe 20-30 still to do after that.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
That's a known issue, and I'm not really sure how to fix it. I believe it's just a visual bug though, so if it works don't worry about it.

Tuesday sounds nice, it means I have a bit more time to work through existing quests. BTW, let me know if you want some one to give it a once over before submitting it, because I'd be happy to do so. Working on crafting the insanely complicated and expensive Dark Soularium Jetplate at the moment, and have maybe 20-30 still to do after that.
They still work anyway, it's just that there's some incorrect data somewhere in them... maybe for mine it's the error checker that has the error?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My tinker's pickaxe has "incorrect data" and the crafting window thing isn't working.
This is a known issue currently and its mostly just a visual bug. Its something on Iguana Tinker Tweaks that either hasn't been fixed yet, or its a setting I haven't narrowed down to fixing yet.

BTW, let me know if you want some one to give it a once over before submitting it, because I'd be happy to do so.
I shall keep it in mind, thanks! =)

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The store thing reminds me a lot of the golem factory mudpack (many iron ingots where smelted in those weeks)

Meeko011

Jul 29, 2019
I really love what I see in this pack. However, I'm scared of the version number. How different is the current version from what will be the final version? Also, will new updates majorly affect the world at all? I'm not a fan of starting over a lot.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I really love what I see in this pack. However, I'm scared of the version number. How different is the current version from what will be the final version? Also, will new updates majorly affect the world at all? I'm not a fan of starting over a lot.
So, I'm using the sort of standardized X.Y.Z version numbering, but I'm not entirely using it properly, honestly.

My original plan was :
X = Overall pack version (So, when all quests are finished, this'll be updated to 1)
Y = Major Pack Update, like when a questline is completely finished. I think we would probably be around x.5.z perhaps?
Z = Minor Pack Update, bug fixes, quest fixes, minor quest updates, etc. Would reset after each Major update.

I'll switch to this setup properly after 0.0.8 I think. It'll tick over to 0.1.0 and follow my original system of updates.

I've mostly not been following this system due to the fact I've been adding/removing mods lately, and I wanted to get things set to, more or less, the 'mostly final' modlist (cause, lets face it, few modpacks still being worked on would be 100% against adding or removing a mod if certain situations arise). I think I'm almost at that solidified point, though.

At this point, I think the only thing that would majorly effect a world would be within mod updates themselves. For example, Witchery didn't add its walled villages until I believe around 0.0.6 of the pack. Aura Cascade just added some worldgen stuff to villages. But 99.9% of the time, these won't require someone to restart their game.

As for HQM quest progress : the current version, data is stored oddly, and its very touchy. Sometimes an update will require you to reset your progress. You can easily use the Admin Page (the last page) in the QUEST Tablet, combined with the /hqm edit function to fix your progress back to where you were.

Fenix chi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any more quests as me and my gf have completed the quest book on 0.7 and we really really enjoyed playing this pack

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please find me more time in the day to play and record these great games? Totaly retorical, time is going to be tight now I've taken on an IT course for the next year +