[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing this pack for a while now, and I can definitely say its pretty good. But theres one quest that I really can't stand. Its the 'A place to call home' quest. It forces the player to collect lots of supplies that they may not want or be able to obtain, and it is kind of forceful. I suggest removing the part with the 64 stack of oak logs required and the 200 stone bricks.

I know and I have been thinking about it for a while. The reason I created it was because I wanted you to have a home before you started on the kind of mods like Thaumcraft and AE2, and it also made it so that most of the other quest lines wouldn't be discovered at the same time. I am not completely sure what to do, so I am open for suggestions.

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
I know and I have been thinking about it for a while. The reason I created it was because I wanted you to have a home before you started on the kind of mods like Thaumcraft and AE2, and it also made it so that most of the other quest lines wouldn't be discovered at the same time. I am not completely sure what to do, so I am open for suggestions.

Good point. I usually get really far into the game before I get a house set up. I always wait until I have forestry trees, which takes a long... LONG time. Anyways, in general its a really fun mod pack. I love all the possibilities for bag rewards! The outputs are very creative. Honey, beeswax, smashing stones, etc! :D

666nolongeralone

Jul 29, 2019
I never bothered with an actual house. My base is a re-purposed ravine. Even if I were going to build a house, I wouldn't go so far as to cook 200 blocks of cobblestone and make bricks out of them, especially if urgency were a factor. However, a bed is good to have, so I'd keep that in as a requirement.

Reactions: SnailsAttack

majik6x6x6

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy the pack, however in a server situation, eating food is causing a crash every time. Has anyone found a solution to this irritating issue?

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy the pack, however in a server situation, eating food is causing a crash every time. Has anyone found a solution to this irritating issue?

I don't have that issue on my server, so maybe post up a crash log and I'll see what differs between yours and mine.

My server is running on Linux, Java 1.7.0_65.
All mods are as per client pack, with client-only mods deleted.

KeepOnDigging!

hatecreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Really great modpack. I had to modify it a bit for my liking tho, with 160 mods (atm) I've figured so. But it's alright and now this is probably the best Open World pack that I've ever played. And the fact that it has quests makes it just so much better than any other modpacks :p
Big thumbs up! :D

E: Tried to summon a Colossus from Factorization and got that crash: http://pastebin.com/DfUv6LiL .. also doesn't let u enter the world again until you remove him with mcedit for example

Last edited:

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Really great modpack. I had to modify it a bit for my liking tho, with 160 mods (atm) I've figured so. But it's alright and now this is probably the best Open World pack that I've ever played. And the fact that it has quests makes it just so much better than any other modpacks :p
Big thumbs up! :D

E: Tried to summon a Colossus from Factorization and got that crash: http://pastebin.com/DfUv6LiL .. also doesn't let u enter the world again until you remove him with mcedit for example
The Colossus sommoning WORLD CRASH and not loading... This is optifine mod issue...
Disabled OPTIFINE, and working FINE!! TESTED!

Reactions: hatecreeper

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
It appears to me that the redstone energy cell quest won't register the cell I have.
vanilla crafting tabe use! Many times I do not accept! If you do not go, you can console type /hqm edit and the give other special quest book. Shift click the quest, and the quest finished! The quest is finished, give the awards!
(Sorry my BAD english, translate with Google Translate...)

666nolongeralone

Jul 29, 2019
/HQM edit doesn't work if you don't have permission to use it.
The quest that registers the mushroom stew won't pick up on it either.

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Finally! The long-expected update (I just submitted it, so you might have to wait some time for a third party member to upload it to the launcher)! I know it isn't as big as you might expect, but there are some major feature in there. I will try work more on the pack now after I have my final exam on Friday! There might be some bugs with the server (hopefully not), because I haven't got time to play much with it. Just made sure the quest book and eating works.

Update 1.2.0:
-Added a server file.
-Added YAMPST to help track how many have downloaded the pack.
-Added Extra Cells.
-Added more IC2 quests.
-Added (a small kind of "teaser") Witchery quest line (yes I wrote it right this time).
-Breeding time, every plant growth time, child duration, drying rack and egg timeout have been tune down. This will make the game feel a bit faster, and it will be more fun for those who don't have so much time for Minecraft. (would like to know your opinions on this one).
-Railcraft quests are now visible again.
-More tweaks like "A place to call home" only requires a bed for now, until I come up with something better.
-Updated (I started writing, but realized there were so many mods I had to updated, that I didn't bother to list them all) Agricraft, AE2, Bibliocraft, binnies mods, blood magic, computercraft, extra utilities, funky locomotion, iguana tweaks, jabba, pams harvestcraft, logisticspipes, pneumaticcraft, redstone arsenal, twilight forest, Tinkers construct, tinkers mechworks, witchery

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Also I haven't been able to thank you properly for over 1000 downloads! This was not in my wildest dreams and I really appreciate it, along with all the nice comments and help I have got. Thank you! :)