Pack updates and new packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
You can now find updates to Direwolf20 pack, Mindcrack pack and MagicWorld in the launcher! You can also find the new TechWorld and Lite packs.

There is currently an issue download servers on the launcher so you can download them here

Updating users are advised to backup their saves, you will get a screen that looks like this:

9N9jtZs.png

but clicking 'Yes' should not ruin your world, and we have found no disappearing items/blocks. but again, remember to save backups of your worlds!

SeanWcom

Jul 29, 2019
CreeperRepo links appear to be dead... users are already updating their client... oops! :)

EDIT: it's working now, yay!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Shame now I cannot load my gameworld, or DW20's latest game map. Get's stuck on "Building World"

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't checked the client config for forestry yet but it seems like you guys missed a block ID for the farm block(unless this is intentional). Just wondering if I can safely set this to "I:farm=952".

edit: disregard, I just checked the pack and it seems like it was included all along, I made have been getting a cached zip file.

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is not compatibile with newer versions of Forge. The Optifine mod author is working on fixing the problem. This is mostly an SSP issue though.

Reactions: Isentiototus

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
In Linux, the Dw20 pack v 5.0.1 does not seem to load at all.
All I'm getting is vanilla Minecraft, and the FML window does not pop up.
The console does not show anything interesting, just vanilla Minecraft loading.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Optifine is not compatibile with newer versions of Forge. The Optifine mod author is working on fixing the problem. This is mostly an SSP issue though.
Confirmed. Updated to Standard B6, still didn't work. Disabled Optifine, world loaded.

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to sound ungrateful at all, because I really appreciate everything you guys are doing here. I really love the packs, and I love that they are up to date. However, every single update to the dw20 pack so far has had block ID changes. The first few didn't effect me personally because I hadn't placed any of the railcraft items they messed with. However, since then, my friends and I have started playing on our server rather than I alone in my single player world.

The reason we always got frustrated trying to play with a pack I put together for us, then when using tekkit, was because every time an update happened we basically had to start over. If you're going to be making these packs which update every few weeks, especially if people are playing along with direwolf on his map releases, the IDs have to match. Even a couple of mismatches is enough to screw up the world sometimes.

Again, I really appreciate everything you all are doing, but if we're going to have updates so frequently then can we please try to be sure to get all the conflicts and ID changes stamped out? Nobody wants to have to remake their world or fix a whole server that's suddenly had a bunch of blocks explode every couple of weeks. It's really demotivating.

Decirium

Jul 29, 2019
What makes FTB Lite, lite, other then there not being Mystcraft and Twilight forest?
It's a lighter load on servers and your own computer if I remember the plan. Look at it as the version for those who haven't got the best computers but want to still play FTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.