[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Alternately, if for whatever reason you don't want to or can't use the converter, I believe you can turn all forestry saplings into biomass, which makes biofuel, etc, etc. Even more free power beyond what you might use as charcoal. :)
Yeah, I know. I already have a 3x3 iron tank filled with biomass from them. which is why I have surplus :p

edhelbeleth

Jul 29, 2019
I have restarted my world with the update that broke the quests.
I can't seem to get the rolling machine quest now, even though I have the prerequisite (Smith of the Year). Did the prerequisites change, did the quest disappear?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
2x2 spruce saplings is by far the best and most wood productive tree to chop down and is the least messy (no breaking leaves to find wood blocks), this tree yields the most wood. To cut I find cutting a stairway up it to get to the top and then positioning in the middle to chop down.
Same here, except I ladder to the top then mouse key down each tree stump. Remember to do the ladder stump last!

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
Is this where the quests are supposed to end or am I glitched
313suub.png
[SPOILER="2"
dclz.png
][/SPOILER]

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to get charcoal? I need charcoal blocks for diamond essence.
When I need lots of wood I wander to my line of 64 oak trees (I plant he saplings adjacent) and hit it with my lumber axe. The only issue is if I got more than a few great oaks in the line it will instantly break my axe. (full iron axe, not the best but good enough)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
When I need lots of wood I wander to my line of 64 oak trees (I plant he saplings adjacent) and hit it with my lumber axe. The only issue is if I got more than a few great oaks in the line it will instantly break my axe. (full iron axe, not the best but good enough)
Need some obsidian plates on that axe yo. ;)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Check out the Rod of the Skies, way better than ladders or stair-chopping :)

Agree with both methods, when I get there... I just started a new play through on 0.7.2.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

It's probably easier to make the 2x2 Dark Oak or Spruce Trees. I've got four large Spruce trees planted and each harvest is 10-12 stacks of charcoal. (With Lava+Fortune3 on a Lumber Axe). Ring of Magnetism to easily collect all the stuff.

For the Axe:
Obisidan Head, Paper Binding and Plate (make sure that the binding comes before the plate), Slime Tough Rod, Gold Block + Diamond and Diamond Block + Golden Apple enhancements. That gives 7 available upgrades to start with. I used 4x Reinforced (brings it up to Reinforced 7, which lasts a decently long time), Lava, Fortune and Speed.
Then upgrade the rod to Thaumium (used for another Reinforced) and later the head to Refined Glowstone (which makes the axe indestructible). Thaumium can be gotten very early from Thaumcraft research, Refined Glowstone needs Mekanism machines and might take a while.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I have restarted my world with the update that broke the quests.
I can't seem to get the rolling machine quest now, even though I have the prerequisite (Smith of the Year). Did the prerequisites change, did the quest disappear?
In my quest book, that's the path, although there's another line to the rolling machine quest from the right (Blasting Off - blast furnace bricks). I doubt that's a prerequisite though.

Maybe your mechanist reputation is too low? Do you have other ways to bring it up?

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how the BC integration table even works? I want to make some autarchic (sp?) gates to remove the amount of redstone engines I have all over the place, but I'm not finding how to make it. NEI doesn't say anything (Only that it's made in that table and requires a certain amount of power)

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how the BC integration table even works? I want to make some autarchic (sp?) gates to remove the amount of redstone engines I have all over the place, but I'm not finding how to make it. NEI doesn't say anything (Only that it's made in that table and requires a certain amount of power)
Yeah, it's confusing. Stick a gate in the integration table along with the pulsating chipset, and make sure the lasers can reach it. It should combine them into autarchic gates.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

You make a Gate and a Pulsating Chipset (Ender Pearl + Redstone) in the Assembly Table. Then put both together into the Integration Table and it make the Gate with the autarchic upgrade.

And if you also want to have timer options on your gate, same deal. Make a Quartz Chipset and put the Autarchic Gate + the chipset into the Integration Table. It will combine it into a gate that has both upgrades.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's confusing. Stick a gate in the integration table along with the pulsating chipset, and make sure the lasers can reach it. It should combine them into autarchic gates.
Ah, so basically the same way as it used to be, but in the new table. Thanks

edhelbeleth

Jul 29, 2019
In my quest book, that's the path, although there's another line to the rolling machine quest from the right (Blasting Off - blast furnace bricks). I doubt that's a prerequisite though.

Maybe your mechanist reputation is too low? Do you have other ways to bring it up?

I am fairly advanced everywhere else. I think Blast furnace is the next quest in the line, not a prerequisite (and the reason why I was looking for that quest, because I need refined steel for cobalt seeds).

I'm starting to wonder if I need to have an item in hand to unlock it, as I saw some quests unlock this way? Anyone has a clue?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I am fairly advanced everywhere else. I think Blast furnace is the next quest in the line, not a prerequisite (and the reason why I was looking for that quest, because I need refined steel for cobalt seeds).

I'm starting to wonder if I need to have an item in hand to unlock it, as I saw some quests unlock this way? Anyone has a clue?
I think I'd try picking up the nether ores plus the various ingots. Maybe try recrafting the iron seeds in the runic altar.