[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

jdadams77

Jul 29, 2019
After the recent update I had to /hqm edit the quests i already completed previously, however the "lets try punching things" quest shows I have 100% of everything needed but won't let me auto complete it. This means "such a tool" and "grass-ping at straws" quests are grayed out and I have no way to get to them. Stranger still, all the quests after those two in chapter 1 are completed despite not completing those two first. Is there a way to get to the quests besides using /hqm edit?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well I finely got my 10,10,10 diamond seed:p I'm very sleepy:)

I wonder if lapis on a tinkers scythe to give it luck will increase the essence dropped? or because it's a weapon, if it will be looting instead of luck.

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little info for anyone interested. A Mana Fluxfield has a maximum output of 800 RF/t. Endoflames generate 20 RF/t. Haven't tested other generating flora, yet.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little info for anyone interested. A Mana Fluxfield has a maximum output of 800 RF/t. Endoflames generate 20 RF/t. Haven't tested other generating flora, yet.
also i read that a full mana pool is worth 10m rf ^.^ no idea if that number is correct however

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, ocean base has power finally. Flower power. Two 20 hydroangea stacks, elven mana spreader each aimed at a single fluxfield sitting next to a Mekanism energy cube, then an emerald kinesis pipe pulling from the cube into my power grid (diamond and gold kinesis piping.) The pipes are overkill now, but resources are not a limit so I figured I'd leave room to grow.

Two spreaders to a single fluxfield appears to work fine. I can see energy bumps following the mana pulse from each.

Not sure how much power this puts out yet. It was faster than my single combustion engine temporary setup (burning fuel) when it had only 12 hydros in early tests in powering the three lasers in the screenie. I'm guessing it's equal to four fuel-burning combustions. Nice part is it's hands off now. No fuel worries, cooling worries or fumes, just allergy issues. :)

My ocean base is nearly framed. Have a wet room three levels down with a bubble entrance from the deeps. Putting my oyster farm down there, and a couple fish farms too. The fishfarming area will be on the bottom level just above that. Now that I have power I can get a nursery going and start farming something other than stingrays.

Oh, the current incarnation of the fishing net catches more than just cod, but mostly does catch and release. If you set up some nets, put a hopperhock on the bottom to collect the live fish it drops )or dive down and check occasionally.) The ones on top of the nets will quickly die, but, cod aside, most of them seem to end up on the bottom and alive. Living nightfish, minnows, tetras, damsels, stingrays and cod were turning up in my pack when I was looking for construction drops down in the coral. I was using nets as temporary walkways.

Screenies for those who like to see (as I do!)

The mana intake and connection to the power grid:

ranrLME.png

View of the two hydro stacks from above:

AXHbowv.jpg

And a sea level view of the stacks with the underwater mana intake visible through the water to the lower right:

5IiVgE0.jpg
Is there a reason why you aren't fully surrounding your hydroangeas with water? My understanding of how they work is that it would be 8 times as effective.

simonizor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this out there for anyone who cares.. IMO, this pack makes botania waaaaayyyy too easy. With the huge amount of quest rewards that you get for botania combined with agricraft, botania is a walk in the park compared to just botania or botania in any other mod pack.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why you aren't fully surrounding your hydroangeas with water? My understanding of how they work is that it would be 8 times as effective.

They just need a water block to suck up. In order to keep one close, need to make sure there are enough source blocks to replace the one they take, that's all. Thus 3x3 vs 2x2. With 2x2 (and 4 on the corners) they eventually synch in such a way that two blocks get grabbed before they replenish and that leads to all of them getting wiped out. With 3x3 this hasn't happened to me ever.

You can put water on all sides of them if you like, but I haven't seen any indication it boosts their output.

The only thing that may boost their rate is rain. That's mentioned in the Botania book.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna go ahead and throw this out there for anyone who cares.. IMO, this pack makes botania waaaaayyyy too easy. With the huge amount of quest rewards that you get for botania combined with agricraft, botania is a walk in the park compared to just botania or botania in any other mod pack.

On the other hand, it makes AE2 really hard. :p

Reactions: GrimJahk

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Siiggh... So I dunno if this is a bug or my own incompetence, but I'm only ever to actually place an arthana on a witchery altar every once in a while. Otherwise it either blocks when I shift-right click, or when I right click it just shows me the status of the altar. SOMETIMES it works, but of all the packs I've played, I've only been able to use the thing twice for any length of time. And if I take it off the altar, it won't go back on.

And I just did these things, and now my altar's power is halved. Help? XD

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
wait, what? you only get a couple mana tablets which wont help very much cept maybe get you 4-5 terra steel and the flowers you get are the worst ones even in a huge amount they arent very good

Reactions: RehabOholic

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
View of the two hydro stacks from above:

AXHbowv.jpg

And a sea level view of the stacks with the underwater mana intake visible through the water to the lower right:

5IiVgE0.jpg

I've been using a similar mana setup. I think it can be optimized further. If the stacked pools are 3x3, put hydros on overgrowth grass in corners, on every other layer, use floating hydro's in the center. If you use a mana spreader in the wall to contain the water, it could probably stack higher, and still reach the outer 4 hydros on top and bottom corner. I think this will go 9x9 if done right. Do better spreaders have better reach on the flower side? I never thought to try. I'll have to try this build tomorrow. I haven't done it yet, I'm thinking it up as I type.

Mokan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with stripes transport pipes in this modpack. I can't get them to place items in the world. It's odd because most of the other functionality for the stripes pipes works. For example, I can power the pipe and it'll break the block in front of it. But if I insert any block, it just falls on the ground. I know PurpleMentat did a build in one of his videos using stripes pipes, but I believe that was before the pack update. Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

c04dKn6.png

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
did a simple search for stripe in the search bar and limited it to this thread only , found this

Weird, tested it out and it does drop to the floor. However when there's a block in front of the stripe pipe, it could place down the block on top of that block.
I thought it was weird as well because all of the tutorials that I could find indicate to not put anything in front of the striped pipe.

Thanks for that tip, by placing a block directly in front of the striped pipe, it now places my iron ore.

Thanks very much!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I put the spider eye,string, spring, earth, essences seeds and 3 strong essence in the altar and click the wand nothing works ver 0.7.2
thats strange haven't heard of that and the reason why that recipe would be broke would have nothing to do with the bat and sheep one since there problem is wool. maybe the recipe got broken or wasn't properly reloaded and may require and dashboard reset