[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
dont know if this is just me or what but i downloaded new update and map now i cant even get the conversation for the first quest by the fountain to trigger most NPC's are just standing still instead of walking around as they use to and im getting alot more lag that before even though i am still using the jvm arguments and using multimc to launch.

Edit: Deleted TKII folder and reinstalled both modpack and map was having same issue allowed world to load for like 20 minutes finally the quest log triggered.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
So a fresh install of 2.4.8...found a funny little issue...Jack Parrot's head is on backwards ;)

Attachments

• 2015-03-27_22.51.17.png
    2015-03-27_22.51.17.png
    230 KB · Views: 81
  • 2015-03-27_22.51.24.png
    2015-03-27_22.51.24.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 59

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
dont know if this is just me or what but i downloaded new update and map now i cant even get the conversation for the first quest by the fountain to trigger most NPC's are just standing still instead of walking around as they use to and im getting alot more lag that before even though i am still using the jvm arguments and using multimc to launch.

Edit: Deleted TKII folder and reinstalled both modpack and map was having same issue allowed world to load for like 20 minutes finally the quest log triggered.

Yeah I had the same trouble. The gossiping old people were saying nothing. No conversation to listen to. I waited 42 minutes, the entire episode of Direwolf20. ;) Just finished a reload/install. Let's see what happens...Oh, and it is the RC2 version of the map.

Nope, still no love, Kakaragon is not speaking. ;(

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Went to Kakaragon to see if he would talk (this is not a fresh install, just updated) and he is talking for me. Not sure what the problem is unless it's the fresh install. This is also single player.

Edit: Ah man, I wanted to see Jack's head on backwards too.. sadly it's not for me either. lol

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Went to Kakaragon to see if he would talk (this is not a fresh install, just updated) and he is talking for me. Not sure what the problem is unless it's the fresh install. This is also single player.

Edit: Ah man, I wanted to see Jack's head on backwards too.. sadly it's not for me either. lol

Yeah I went and checked this morning and it turns out they are all related to owls as they can turn their heads 360 degrees ;) Or at least 180.

Also, after redownloading everything a third time, Kakaragon has dained to speak in my presence.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
03Apr15 - Livestream Of Tolkiencraft II: Dev Server Tour With GreatOrator

Server:
Tolkiencraft II Dev Server
Where: Val's Noisy Toys on Twitch / Beam.pro / Youtube
When: Friday April 03, 2015 - 8pm MDT / 7pm Pacific.
Why: Shinies! Not to mention a fabulous tour guide. ;)

Come get a look at the cool builds the dev team has been working so hard on in Middle-Earth. Our host and tour guide will be none other than GreatOrator himself.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
So wow, found something that 'might' help anyone with FPS issues. I just installed the newest Java, 8.40, and I always install the JDK version. have been doing that for years now. Anyway, I also use MultiMC and after making sure that it was using the new version I loaded up and my system went to poop. Double checked everything, did a second install, new video card drivers, etc. My FPS was horrid, especially in ME. So here is what I found, the JDK version was killin my FPS. I changed to the JRE version, which comes with the JDK, and FPS issues were no more ;)

So to recap, JDK = bad FPS, JRE = good FPS*

*your results may vary, use at own risk ;)

Korva

Jul 29, 2019
I registered on this site just to say that this modpack looks extremely intriguing -- I've never played a pack before, but was looking for a fantasy/magic-themed HQM one and this should be a perfect fit. Unfortunately I'm encountering the same issue with not getting the gossip at the fountain, so I just had a brief look around town until that is solved. Very impressive work, GreatOrator. :) As someone whose building skills barely cover more than big boxes, I was pretty awestruck.

A question for you folks who have played this before: how soon do any magic-related questlines open up? I like to get started on Thaumcraft and especially Ars Magica ASAP.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I registered on this site just to say that this modpack looks extremely intriguing -- I've never played a pack before, but was looking for a fantasy/magic-themed HQM one and this should be a perfect fit. Unfortunately I'm encountering the same issue with not getting the gossip at the fountain, so I just had a brief look around town until that is solved. Very impressive work, GreatOrator. :) As someone whose building skills barely cover more than big boxes, I was pretty awestruck.

A question for you folks who have played this before: how soon do any magic-related questlines open up? I like to get started on Thaumcraft and especially Ars Magica ASAP.
Thank you, and the quest at the fountain can take a total of 10 minutes to completely cycle, just depends on your timing.

As for your magic question, you can start whenever you like, this is not your traditional HQM pack. You play your way, just don't forget that in the first page of HQM they go alongside (meaning you do both types of quests) CustomNPC quests. Tons of first day walk through two of which @Vals NoisyToys did just for you guys :)

Sn0wShepherd

Jul 29, 2019
In the 2.4.8 version, I see the birdmonster creatures have no textures. Also, creepers in the sewers propagate like mad. I mean, to the point of dozens at each manhole cover. I found that by removing the bottom ladder from each chute you can prevent this, as most of the creepers are trying to climb and escape the short range spawn number detector nearby each one. GREAT way to get 14 charged creeper statues in 10 seconds, though!

Also, Artifice has a recipe that allows for the use of copper nuggets to become Platinum coins and give VERY early access to Draconian armor and weapons/tools. You can also easily steal the sword from the commander without repercussions, the the bow as well, and charge them VERY easily with a simple Magma power setup and a power infuser. Might consider disabling the Platinum Coin recipe in artifice to force completion of quests for Flight Skill and immunity to fire and lava within 10 minutes of starting the mod pack.

ALSO...and this is HUGE important...I made a Twilight Cloak at great expense, and it will not equip anywhere, although it is said on the Reliquary forums that it should equip to the Amulet slot under the Baubles menu.

I wanted it for its appearance, which is gorgeous.

I want to also suggest using Sn0wSong sound resource pack with this Mod Pack. It takes the immersion to an astounding level!

And Sn0wZ0ne textures are lovely in the pack! With Biomes O' Plenty support, as well as some Tinker's Construct, Twilight Forest, Natura, and Thaumcraft 4...the textures blow your mind! Since I am the creator of these...and there are NO ads ever, anywhere (I have never made ANY money at all off streaming or offering my music, art, textures, MOD supports and designs) please feel free to use any and all of my songs, textures, sound pack, everything, whatever....you don't even need to give me credits for it if you do.

I even worked extensively with Iguanaman as he perfected his Hunger Overhaul and survival-oriented mods...although....originally, they were called, "JUST DIE ALREADY!" because, honestly, he wants all of us to die in Minecraft from his mods. :p

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...wsong-the-epic-sound-pack-sound-resource-pack

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...sn0wz0ne-complete-hi-res-texture-pack-for-all

I hope this helps. I have streamed 100 hours of this MOD pack on Twitch successfully and LOVE it!

HAVE FUN and never stop making such GREAT things for Minecraft!

Also, I built this at 3x scale from the original floorplans and blueprints for Neuschwanstein's Castle. Feel free to use it if you like it. I can only imagine how amazing you could make it with your decor abilities!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/neuschwansteins-castle-3x/

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In the 2.4.8 version, I see the birdmonster creatures have no textures. Also, creepers in the sewers propagate like mad. I mean, to the point of dozens at each manhole cover. I found that by removing the bottom ladder from each chute you can prevent this, as most of the creepers are trying to climb and escape the short range spawn number detector nearby each one. GREAT way to get 14 charged creeper statues in 10 seconds, though!

Also, Artifice has a recipe that allows for the use of copper nuggets to become Platinum coins and give VERY early access to Draconian armor and weapons/tools. You can also easily steal the sword from the commander without repercussions, the the bow as well, and charge them VERY easily with a simple Magma power setup and a power infuser. Might consider disabling the Platinum Coin recipe in artifice to force completion of quests for Flight Skill and immunity to fire and lava within 10 minutes of starting the mod pack.

ALSO...and this is HUGE important...I made a Twilight Cloak at great expense, and it will not equip anywhere, although it is said on the Reliquary forums that it should equip to the Amulet slot under the Baubles menu.

I wanted it for its appearance, which is gorgeous.

I want to also suggest using Sn0wSong sound resource pack with this Mod Pack. It takes the immersion to an astounding level!

And Sn0wZ0ne textures are lovely in the pack! With Biomes O' Plenty support, as well as some Tinker's Construct, Twilight Forest, Natura, and Thaumcraft 4...the textures blow your mind! Since I am the creator of these...and there are NO ads ever, anywhere (I have never made ANY money at all off streaming or offering my music, art, textures, MOD supports and designs) please feel free to use any and all of my songs, textures, sound pack, everything, whatever....you don't even need to give me credits for it if you do.

I even worked extensively with Iguanaman as he perfected his Hunger Overhaul and survival-oriented mods...although....originally, they were called, "JUST DIE ALREADY!" because, honestly, he wants all of us to die in Minecraft from his mods. :p

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...wsong-the-epic-sound-pack-sound-resource-pack

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...sn0wz0ne-complete-hi-res-texture-pack-for-all

I hope this helps. I have streamed 100 hours of this MOD pack on Twitch successfully and LOVE it!

HAVE FUN and never stop making such GREAT things for Minecraft!

Also, I built this at 3x scale from the original floorplans and blueprints for Neuschwanstein's Castle. Feel free to use it if you like it. I can only imagine how amazing you could make it with your decor abilities!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/neuschwansteins-castle-3x/
rofl, love the shameless plug :) but will certainly look into it.

As for the commanders stuff...those should have been locked...unless you are in creative or lan mode....

The platinum coins and a few other items will be disabled in 2.4.9 (thank god for crafting manager :) )

Sn0wShepherd

Jul 29, 2019
And no, the sword wasn't locked and the bow popped off the wall with its display cabinet for me. And I was able to get Draconian chest plate and the Draconian Axe...so I had the sword, chestpiece, axe, bow and got them fully charged within 2 hours of starting the mod pack. :p

Now...if only I could figure out how to make Bottles O' Enchanting...

I've been learning Botania and Witchery....but I have done full tutorials with proper Latin on Thaumcraft 4 and others. :D

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
@Sn0wShepherd, I have definitely been using your sound pack for a while now and love it :) Thanks for that! I have never seen the texture pack so i will check that out.

@GreatOrator, looking forward to a new update :) Been on vacation so I havent even tried out 2.4.8 yet

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. I have a question as I'm totally confused with the Aura Cascade mod. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. Part of the quest line in the book is to submit 2 Storage Bookcases. I am having trouble figuring out how to pick these up without them just giving me the book & vanilla bookcase back. Is there a step I'm missing in this process or is this a bug?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. I have a question as I'm totally confused with the Aura Cascade mod. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. Part of the quest line in the book is to submit 2 Storage Bookcases. I am having trouble figuring out how to pick these up without them just giving me the book & vanilla bookcase back. Is there a step I'm missing in this process or is this a bug?
Being that it is such a new mod, even I am not fully aware of what can and can't be crafted :) (anyone remember when I used to ask for the altar for botania for enchanting?)

Reactions: eDilettante

BvB1979

Jul 29, 2019
Being that it is such a new mod, even I am not fully aware of what can and can't be crafted :) (anyone remember when I used to ask for the altar for botania for enchanting?)

Aha ok lol Thank you GO. I'll do what I hate doing to get further in this and cheat them in, but delete the resources to make them. :)