[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
So im a tad confused, I played this mod pack long time before it was updated I was originally to the Gaia Guardian just had not fought it yet. When it updated I deleted my quests and redid them and have played with no issues. However im still missing a lot of quests, the portal to the elfs is still not there that chain goes to mana steel but not more. Even a lot are missing like blast furance and so forth. Am I missing something to get that to unlock?
i'm having this problem as well but i believe its a matter of reputation, since more quests with rep have been added the triggers are likely to have increased

Apophenia

Jul 29, 2019
So im a tad confused, I played this mod pack long time before it was updated I was originally to the Gaia Guardian just had not fought it yet. When it updated I deleted my quests and redid them and have played with no issues. However im still missing a lot of quests, the portal to the elfs is still not there that chain goes to mana steel but not more. Even a lot are missing like blast furance and so forth. Am I missing something to get that to unlock?

Have you accepted the quest rewards yet? A lot of things are reputation gated and you get the reputation from taking the reward.

Eyrion

Jul 29, 2019
Standard Mob farms can be made, but since this is not sky block you have to light up everything in a 128 block radius.

Spawners can be picked up with either Cardboard Boxes or with Diamond Dolly

Hmm. So by light up everything in a radius, does that include let's say if caves are in that radius? Or just the surface.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. So by light up everything in a radius, does that include let's say if caves are in that radius? Or just the surface.
everything where mobs can spawn so it makes it so they can only spawn in your tower for maximum efficiency.
sidenote: you dont really need a mobfarm i've played this pack 2-3 times and not once have i found myself wishing i set one up :p

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Top tip! They can more thaumcraft nodes too :p
Wish I knew this before I did the Blood Magic grind to Tier 4… LMAO

Early Blood Magic need was for the Teleposers for Nodes, Now I'm using the cardboard boxes to move spawners to my Well of Suffering.

(DO NOT USE Witch spawners… they heal as fast as they are harvested and reach critical mass semi quickly…)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
everything where mobs can spawn so it makes it so they can only spawn in your tower for maximum efficiency.
sidenote: you dont really need a mobfarm i've played this pack 2-3 times and not once have i found myself wishing i set one up :p

I stumbled into a dungeon while out looking for essence berries and dollied out the zombie spawner. Then I set it up in next to my research base. Needed easier leather than having to feed cows all the time. :)

Had forgotten vanilla spawners need the player within 16 though. So it only runs when I stand on the west side of the island. Punji Sticks in a corner a water block runs just up to, hopperhock outside next to a chest. Works fine. No more leather crisis. Vanilla zombies only drop rotten meat though. At least that's all I get from this spawner. But that WAS why I set it up, so all is fine.

Need to make a Loonium flower once I get moved to my new base. Better way to get mob drops.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I stumbled into a dungeon while out looking for essence berries and dollied out the zombie spawner. Then I set it up in next to my research base. Needed easier leather than having to feed cows all the time. :)

Had forgotten vanilla spawners need the player within 16 though. So it only runs when I stand on the west side of the island. Punji Sticks in a corner a water block runs just up to, hopperhock outside next to a chest. Works fine. No more leather crisis. Vanilla zombies only drop rotten meat though. At least that's all I get from this spawner. But that WAS why I set it up, so all is fine.

Need to make a Loonium flower once I get moved to my new base. Better way to get mob drops.
im not sure about monster spawners but could you set your bed within 16 blocks of it? i know monsters spawn normally in a certain area around your bed

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Life Imbuer (Botania) being fed by a mana spreader will keep a spawner active.. (for those that want to automate a Blood Altar) If your Mana pool needs to be buried as part of the build the Teleposer is a great way to swap out a full pool for an empty one.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Life Imbuer (Botania) being fed by a mana spreader will keep a spawner active.. (for those that want to automate a Blood Altar) If your Mana pool needs to be buried as part of the build the Teleposer is a great way to swap out a full pool for an empty one.

Hehe, I'm trying to build my base building here! Stop giving me tech ideas. I mean... I already have a blast furnace, a coke oven, a smeltery, assorted engines, my whole botanica setup with Alfheim gate, farms, tree farm area, way too many chests, a zombie farm, and my pearl farm all crammed into this research island. It's a wee bit crowded. Need to get moved!

Really really want AE2 system to move into though. And TC elevators would be really helpful too. And... never done Blood Magic, but seems some things there would be helpful.

It's the chicken and the egg thing all over again.

ApFr0Bk.png

Last edited:

keliptis

Jul 29, 2019
i'm having this problem as well but i believe its a matter of reputation, since more quests with rep have been added the triggers are likely to have increased

I thought of that to and went though doing other quests but so far no.

Have you accepted the quest rewards yet? A lot of things are reputation gated and you get the reputation from taking the reward.

Yes I did this with all of them.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I'm trying to build my base building here! Stop giving me tech ideas. I mean... I already have a blast furnace, a coke oven, a smeltery, assorted engines, my whole botanica setup with Alfheim gate, farms, tree farm area, way too many chests, a zombie farm, and my pearl farm all crammed into this research island. It's a wee bit crowded. Need to get moved!

Really really want AE2 system to move into though. And TC elevators would be really helpful too. And... never done Blood Magic, but seems some things there would be helpful.

It's the chicken and the egg thing all over again.

ApFr0Bk.png
That's why I'm on mainland with a wall… I can expand as I need… and when it's time for you to start collecting Aura Nodes… Much challenge ahead for you.